JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   TJ Wrangler Technical Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/)
-   -   Bestop Trailmax aqua seat install (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/bestop-trailmax-aqua-seat-install-409881/)

barry1me 05-02-2007 06:46 PM

Bestop Trailmax aqua seat install

5 Attachment(s)
I got my seats the other day. I ended up going with the Bestop Trailmax Aqua series. I ended up going with the Black denim color. I wasnt sure which seat I wanted to pick, but then I called Bestop and spoke to them about there seats and I was sold. The aqua series seemed to make sense for me due to there ability to be able to handle the elements. They came well packaged, no way for them to be damaged during shipping. You have to order the correct brackets for whichever vehicle you have. The only challenge I had was removing the factory seats. The bolts can be a pain to get to, but are doable.

barry1me 05-02-2007 06:51 PM

3 Attachment(s)
First thing I did was remove the front seats. The Drivers side seat was wore pretty bad, that was the main reason for upgrading. I left the risers attached to the tub. It was a little harder to get to the bolts, but less work in the end. After I removed the seats I attached the brackets to the Bestop seats. They bolts on with no problems. All of the hardware was a perfect fit, and well designed.

barry1me 05-02-2007 06:58 PM

4 Attachment(s)
I installed the seats back on the factory risers. NOTE: make sure that you install the recliner knob on the correct side of the seat for which seat your installing. I did this wrong on the first seat. They bolted up like the OE seats to the risers. They fit perfect. I was quite impressed, Bestop spent some time designing these. The one thing I was a little worried about was the seat height, but that wasnt even an issue.

barry1me 05-02-2007 07:05 PM

2 Attachment(s)
now that I had the Front seats installed I started checking the fittment and functionality. The one thing that concerned me was the passenger side seat and how the Bestop seat would function on the factory riser. The only thing you have to do now is to push the lever down on the bottom of the factory seat bracket, and turn the recliner clockwise to rotate the seat back forward. When the seat slid forward and down, the Bestop seat doesnt make any contact with the dash or anything else.

barry1me 05-02-2007 07:18 PM

2 Attachment(s)
now for the rear seat. I choose the same seat as the fronts. The bestop trailmax aqua seat for the fold and tumble. This was about as easy as airing up your tires. If you already have a fold and tumble rear seat, then this will fit in with no problem. It uses the OE hardware. It comes with with all the hardware you need if you dont have a seat to bolt into your tub. Everything is all adjustable to make sure the fittment is perfect.

WranglerTim 09-26-2007 07:52 AM

How much effort is it to fold the front passenger seat forward to its maximum position? I'm thinking about picking up a set of these seats, but I drive my daugher to daycare every day. The passenger seat has to be all the way forward for me to fit her car seat in. Is it going to drive me bonkers rotating the reliner knob every day?

shaggy105 09-26-2007 08:23 AM

Looks pretty good. My driver side seat if just like yours so I've been thinking about some new seats. Where did you buy them from?? How do you like them so far??

barry1me 09-26-2007 08:50 AM

I like them a lot. Very pleased so far. You can buy them from several vendors but I believe Quadratec had the best prices. PM sent

Metzgerhund 09-26-2007 09:11 AM

Very nice! I had thought about these seats as well, but went with Legacy seat covers because of the cost factor and the other goodies I had on my wish list. With the info you provided about these I will definetly be going with these once my covers are worn out.

krawler510 07-04-2008 12:32 PM

Hey man, I know you posted this a while ago but what material are those seats?

And also how tight do they fit against the center console? I have a Tuffy one and the stock seats rub it pretty hard and I'm worried new ones might not fit well.

Thanks a lot. Sweet avatar.

The time now is 10:35 AM.