Bestop Supertop ... will a half door top fit on my full door TJ? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Bestop Supertop ... will a half door top fit on my full door TJ?

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 07-12-2010, 08:52 PM   #1
AWILD

Bestop Supertop ... will a half door top fit on my full door TJ?

Title says it all....

I have a factory TJ soft top with full doors.

Found a bestop supertop w/ all hardware but was from a half door... will it fit no problem?

Unread 07-12-2010, 09:55 PM   #2
sahara_tj
2003 TJ Wrangler 

It should. I have one TJ with full doors and one with half doors, and the tops are interchangeable. I say do it.

Built Not Bought #435
sahara_tj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-12-2010, 10:01 PM   #3
AWILD

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahara_tj View Post
It should. I have one TJ with full doors and one with half doors, and the tops are interchangeable. I say do it.
and this is a supertop on supertop hardware right?
Unread 07-12-2010, 10:07 PM   #4
sahara_tj
2003 TJ Wrangler 

If it has all the hardware it shouldn't be a problem. I bought the supertop with no hardware and just re-used my factory hardware, and it was a perfect fit replacement.

Built Not Bought #435
Unread 07-12-2010, 10:16 PM   #5
AWILD

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahara_tj View Post
If it has all the hardware it shouldn't be a problem. I bought the supertop with no hardware and just re-used my factory hardware, and it was a perfect fit replacement.
To clarify anyone misreading that in the future...a supertop will NOT fit oem/factory hardware. They are completely different style tops with completely different style hardware. It would be like trying to put a YJ soft top on a TJ.

...but I think I get what you were getting at. You owned both style door Jeeps, but only one supertop and it fit either one the same.
Unread 07-12-2010, 10:26 PM   #6
sahara_tj
2003 TJ Wrangler 

My bad, i just reviewed the invoice from when I ordered it, and I got the replace-a-top, not the supertop. that's why it worked with the factory hardware. sorry for the misunderstanding. If you did get the supertop with all matching hardware, I don't see why it wouldn't work though.

Built Not Bought #435
Unread 07-13-2010, 07:23 AM   #7
BestopTeam

The Supertop with upper doors is the same as the Supertop without doors - the doors are just an option for those who need them.

The Replace-A-top is exactly the same way- available with or without doors, but the actual top itself is the same.

On TJs and JKs you can swap doors back and forth easily at any time with any top.

YJ's can be a bit more complicated.
BestopTeam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-13-2010, 10:06 AM   #8
AWILD

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffatBestop View Post
The Supertop with upper doors is the same as the Supertop without doors - the doors are just an option for those who need them.

The Replace-A-top is exactly the same way- available with or without doors, but the actual top itself is the same.

On TJs and JKs you can swap doors back and forth easily at any time with any top.

YJ's can be a bit more complicated.
Ah, finally figured it out. Thanks. To clarify anyone reading in the future, the supertop skin and frame are only made in one model, yet the part # changes if you select the "soft doors" option because it includes the actual soft door.
Unread 07-13-2010, 10:35 AM   #9
Jason D
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I would advise against getting a Supertop. They suck compared to the factory TJ top.

Tags
tj , wrangler , bestop , supertop , fit , fitting

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.