Bestop Supertop - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Bestop Supertop

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 07-23-2010, 12:56 PM   #1
Devonj17
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Bestop Supertop

i was just wondering if anyone knows the correct way to put down a supertop because it just kinda flops back there and looks like crap TY

Devonj17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2010, 01:19 PM   #2
tjchad04
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Here's how I take my supertop down:

First remove the side windows, roll up the rear window and secure it with the straps with snaps on them. Unconnect the frame up by the windshield and fold the frame down to the back, with the top itself draped over the rear tire. Then use the bar from the bottom of the rear window and roll the top around it, much easier this way.. Once you get the top rolled up all the way to the top of the rear tailgate, there are two straps with plastic clips on the end that stretch over the rolled up top and clip into the metal piece that once held the bottom of the rear window.

And that is why people recommend getting used OEM tops. oh well, i've gotten pretty quick at it.

Last edited by tjchad04; 07-23-2010 at 01:20 PM.. Reason: forgot a step :)
tjchad04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2010, 01:22 PM   #3
chris58
2004 TJ Wrangler 

It's really almost a two person job. What I do with mine is I get someone to help me and we pull the top all the way back and then fold it in half and then in half again, and you do this till it is small enough to fit back there nicely. I then fold the middle bar down over the folded soft top and lock it down with the provided hold downs. Hope you can understand that and it helps.
chris58 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bestop , supertop , advice

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.