Bestop Quick Release Bow Knuckles for your Soft Top - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Bestop Quick Release Bow Knuckles for your Soft Top

BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 02-08-2010, 08:11 PM   #1
Spagent
2012 JK Wrangler 

Bestop Quick Release Bow Knuckles for your Soft Top

Finally got around to adding the Bestop Quick Release Bow Knuckles to my Soft Top frame. Here's the skinny...
VERY easy to install and have the appearance of being far sturdier than the stock hardware. Both the stock and the new Bestop Quick Release Bow Knuckles are mostly plastic but the quick release version makes life MUCH easier for assembly/disassembly.
Now here is the only down fall that I have found so far.
When I got on the highway the other day, I heard a "new rattle" from my TJ. So as we all do, I drove like a freak for a few miles trying to keep the beast on the road while I figured out what the hell was causing the sound...

Yep...The Bestop Quick Release Bow Knuckles...
Not a big deal and can be fixed with about 3 cents worth of felt but the soft top windows flap a tiny bit at highway speeds causing the bow knuckle quick release "handles" to rattle. Just annoying considering that they cost about $30 and probably cost about $1.50 for Bestop to manufacture
haha
Bottom line.... A great device and worth the cost. Just throw some felt on the end of the handle to reduce the noise.

Spagent is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-09-2010, 04:43 AM   #2
norville

1997 TJ Wrangler 

did you run the release knobs facing in or out?

thanks

bob
norville is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-09-2010, 06:56 AM   #3
bolski
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Very cool, just purchased a set of these for my Craigslist soft top and was wondering how they performed. Thanks!
bolski is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-09-2010, 08:01 PM   #4
Spagent
2012 JK Wrangler 

Well - There are two on each side. The directions included involve one set being installed facing out and one facing in. I think it is so they dont interfere with one another as the two parts of the frame slide in a "scissor" fashion. I just did what they said in the instructions. I will add though that the rattle is an easy fix and the part is well worth installing. things work like a charm so far
Unread 02-09-2010, 08:08 PM   #5
southtxdstroyer
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spagent View Post
Well - There are two on each side. The directions included involve one set being installed facing out and one facing in. I think it is so they dont interfere with one another as the two parts of the frame slide in a "scissor" fashion. I just did what they said in the instructions. I will add though that the rattle is an easy fix and the part is well worth installing. things work like a charm so far
one more reason the LJ is superior to the TJ :kidding:
Such is the rule of honor.
open your eyes www.infowars.com
southtxdstroyer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-10-2010, 05:39 PM   #6
Spagent
2012 JK Wrangler 

Whats an "LJ" ????
hahahah

Just teasing - My theory is that Jeeps are Jeeps.
I loved my CJ5 even though it had some retarded design features (Like stalling every time it went thru a puddle because the distributor was pointed straight down behind the wheel well). I love my TJ even with its inherent flaws. And I'm sure the LJ is riddled with nonsense as well...But its still a "Jeep Thing"
Unread 02-10-2010, 06:48 PM   #7
southtxdstroyer
2006 LJ Wrangler 

i love my CJ5 too even though i have never driven it

and from what i hear, the LJs have a lot of overlapping body panels (future rust )
Such is the rule of honor.
open your eyes www.infowars.com
southtxdstroyer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.