bestop black twill top? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > bestop black twill top?

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! ECGS Black Friday Sale!!Thanksgiving/Black Friday/Cyber Monday Deals at JeepinOutf

Unread 01-30-2013, 07:52 PM   #1
bigorangeyj
2002 TJ Wrangler 

bestop black twill top?

So, a few months back my driver side rear window got busted (soft top, it was cold). finally got around to filing an insurance claim, and they're being nice enough to cut me a $1,000+ check. Today i was looking at different tops and doing a lot of searching on here. I've narrowed it down to the sail cloth replace a top, and the black twill replace a top. I've found all kinds of great reviews on the sail cloth top, but not so much on the twill top. The twill top seems really nice and heavier duty. From the best i can figure the twill top is essentially the same as the "premium soft top" on the new jk's. If so they seem really nice, but is it worth the $200+ over a sail cloth top? Only reason I'm considering it is because I'm moving to alaska in march/april, so i want the best/warmest top i can get within my budget. A hard top is out of the question, cant afford it and way too short to get it off of my jeep. Sorry for being so long winded, but to get to the point; does anyone have any opinions/ reviews for the twill top?

Thanks, Jon.

Unread 01-30-2013, 08:20 PM   #2
Icarus
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I don't think the twill are out yet for the TJ's (April I thought it was?)
I'd love to see how they are too, I need to get one this summer as well, and have been pondering the twill ones. I also wonder if they clean up nicely/better then the others if they get muddy
Unread 01-30-2013, 09:29 PM   #3
bigorangeyj
2002 TJ Wrangler 

http://www.quadratec.com/products/11132_1001_07.htm
Unread 01-30-2013, 09:40 PM   #4
Icarus
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Order one and let us know then
Unread 01-30-2013, 09:43 PM   #5
bigorangeyj
2002 TJ Wrangler 

i guess im going to. seeing that your in canada, have you had any problems due to the cold?
Unread 01-30-2013, 10:02 PM   #6
hustler905
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Used hard tops are pretty cheap. I know you said you don't want one but they are a dime a dozen here.
hustler905 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-30-2013, 10:05 PM   #7
Icarus
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I'm looking for input into the twill one as well I only have a hardtop now, need something for the summer!!!
Unread 01-31-2013, 04:47 PM   #8
bigorangeyj
2002 TJ Wrangler 

so, no luck. called 4 wheel parts to day to order it, and he said "you can order it, but we cant tell you when you will get it." so i called bestop and they said dont look for it until march for the tj's. jk's only for now. the dude also said it stains really easy from mud, and wouldn't recommend it to anyone who will be going off road. so i now have a black diamond sail cloth replacement top on its way to me.
Unread 02-01-2013, 09:30 PM   #9
Icarus
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Dang, I was looking forward to some good reviews for them on the TJs I guess I'll be looking for a sailcloth too it looks like. Thanks for providing this info for us
Unread 02-01-2013, 09:32 PM   #10
bigorangeyj
2002 TJ Wrangler 

they're definitely nice, but with possible staining issues ill stick to black diamond sail cloth.
Unread 02-25-2013, 04:02 PM   #11
jgroda
2012 JK Wrangler 

I have a JK and this top, I can only speak from my experience, I have gotten mine pretty muddy and it cleans up to look good as new. HOWEVER it is pitch black and every single speck of dirt really does stand out until you clean it again.
jgroda is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-07-2013, 07:38 PM   #12
Icarus
2004 TJ Wrangler 

hmm, decisions
Unread 04-07-2013, 07:59 PM   #13
jcaloncagon
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Didn't even know about twill, I was about to order sailcloth top. The research continues
jcaloncagon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-07-2013, 08:43 PM   #14
bigorangeyj
2002 TJ Wrangler 

im perfectly happy with my sailcloth top. but the twill does look good.
Unread 04-08-2013, 08:29 AM   #15
Joedert
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I got a twill top from Quadratec last month. Top quality material. Wind noise over my sail top is a lot quieter. I like the look of the inside of it.
Joedert is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
bestop , soft top , twill

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.