Best TJ fender flare upgrade - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Best TJ fender flare upgrade

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 11-17-2013, 11:19 PM   #1
jeepercrazy12
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Best TJ fender flare upgrade

I am going to be upgrading my tire size and to keep my rig legal i need a wider fender flare. does anybody have any suggestions? Pics would also be appreciated. I have the stock Rubicon's fender flares currently.

jeepercrazy12 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-17-2013, 11:28 PM   #2
Knuckelhead
AFSOC Retired

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepercrazy12 View Post
I am going to be upgrading my tire size and to keep my rig legal i need a wider fender flare. does anybody have any suggestions? Pics would also be appreciated.
Yes (Bestop). But you cant get them anymore...

Unread 11-18-2013, 07:51 AM   #3
XTRyan
ExtremeTerrain.com

2012 JK Wrangler 

There a lot of good options for Jeep Fender Flares.

You first have to decide if you like the look of the flat style flares or of the standard factory style shape. They you have to decide if you like to see the cut outs for the mounting hardware or if you prefer the factory style where the hardware is hidden.

Another consideration is what kind of material the flares are made of. Some materials are harder and will break instead of bend when you rub them on a tree. Others are much more flexible.

Let me know what other questions you have!

-Ryan
EARN UP TO $200 TOWARD YOUR NEXT PURCHASE!
PM me for our JeepForum Discount Code (must have 25 posts) or Price-Matching!
GET YOUR FREE JEEP PARTS CATALOG!
XTRyan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-18-2013, 12:25 PM   #4
KX6D
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I bought Rough Country Flares for my Rubicon. They do the job, but the sun fades them over time.
Unread 11-18-2013, 12:29 PM   #5
jeepercrazy12
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I do like the look of the flat flares but my one problems with them is that with only 33's it seems like there's almost too much room In the wheel wells.

And I'd prefer for these to use the factory fenders and preferably not require too much work or cutting or drilling.
jeepercrazy12 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-18-2013, 01:16 PM   #6
XTRyan
ExtremeTerrain.com

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepercrazy12 View Post
I do like the look of the flat flares but my one problems with them is that with only 33's it seems like there's almost too much room In the wheel wells.

And I'd prefer for these to use the factory fenders and preferably not require too much work or cutting or drilling.
The Rugged Ridge Fender Flares are 7" flares so they'll cover your tires and keep you legal. The kit I liked you to includes all the hardware you'll need to install them and they won't require any drilling. Other being wider they are a factory style flare and look much like the flares you have now.

The Rough Country Flares are another option. They are the same 7" size and the same factory styling. They also include the hardware and won't require any drilling.

The choice is up to you as far as what brand you prefer. There is a slight price difference as well.

The only issue you might run into is when removing the old flares and installing the new ones is the nutserts in the body of the Jeep may spinning. They get rusted to the bolts and spin free in the body making it a pain to remove the old flares and tighten down the new ones.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

-Ryan
EARN UP TO $200 TOWARD YOUR NEXT PURCHASE!
PM me for our JeepForum Discount Code (must have 25 posts) or Price-Matching!
GET YOUR FREE JEEP PARTS CATALOG!
XTRyan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
fender flares , tj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.