Best selectable locker for D30? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Best selectable locker for D30?

Save big with ExtremeTerrain.com's Top Spring Mods Sale!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineJeep Restorations, Mild to Wild! CCOR

Unread 08-29-2009, 04:12 PM   #1
IH8ROADZ
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Best selectable locker for D30?

Okay so here's the final plan Im gonna keep both the D35 and D30. In the rear Im going to be running a detroit locker with the Super 35 Kit (w/ c-clip eliminator). I will also be using a TNT Customs Truss. I figure if people like Silvergoat get keep them going on their TJ why not me. Considering I do Jersey and PA wheeling mostly mud, water, and a few rocks here and there is nothing like you guys have out west. In the front I'll be running a selectable locker haven't decided which one (but DO NOT want to run an ARB). Just have heard too many stories about having to rebuild the seals and what not and I don't want to have to run an air supply. So instead I'll go with an electronic or magnetic actuating locker. Ill also be running the Super 30 Kit also with the TNT Customs Truss. Both will have Riddler diff covers. Please let me know your opinions on a good front locker tho and anything else I should ***. Also the gearing will be 4.88. Thanks!

IH8ROADZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2009, 04:18 PM   #2
otisdog
2003 TJ Wrangler 

There's not a lot of choices left especially if you do the Super 30
The Auburn Ected is actually a dual stage limited slip
Eaton Elocker - I think they make them for the D30 now
Ox locker - has it's own cover and is cable actuated.

Why not just stick to 27 spline alloys - much easier to find if you do break one. Keep the stock axles as spares
Jim
Unread 08-29-2009, 05:34 PM   #3
emev0l
2001 TJ Wrangler 

ARB or OX

The ARB is air actuated

The OX is cable actuated

There both great lockers, just decide if you want to press a button or pull a lever.

Since your not a fan of ARB I would go with OX
1970 Cutlass 442 468CID TH400
1999 7.3 Powerstroke
emev0l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2009, 05:39 PM   #4
Jerry Bransford
Do it right or not at all

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Personally the rumors of ARB issues are nothing more than internet my brother's buddy's friend's cousin had problems with his or similar BS.

But if you truly are dead-set against the well proven nearly bulletproof ARB air locker (and I run a Detroit Locker so I have no dog in this fight), I'd definitely go for the Eaton E-Locker over the far more difficult to install Ox Locker. Ask Wheelin98TJ about his, he's very happy with it.

Coolest offroad magazine ever! CRAWL Magazine

When you have a choice, buy American.

Jerry Bransford is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2009, 06:51 PM   #5
johnjk

ARB
johnjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2009, 06:56 PM   #6
05RedRME
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Eaton E-Locker
05RedRME is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.