Best options for loosing the TC drop? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Best options for loosing the TC drop?

OPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!ExtremeTerrain.com Now Carries Raxiom Off-Road Technology RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 08-19-2013, 10:45 AM   #1
FleXJ96
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Best options for loosing the TC drop?

Just put 33s on the TJ and the lift is from the PO. What is the best option for getting rid of the TC drop, as I call "what you're stuck on". I know I need some LCAs to center the axles back up, I am putting on a 1" body lift this week. if I do a 1" Motor mount lift as well, can I take off the TC drop? I know I have seen some of the belly up skids too. Or if I do a an SYE and Drive shaft, will that help? Not new to Jeeping, just this short wheel base , lol thanks

FleXJ96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2013, 10:45 AM   #2
Unlimited04
Read tech links in my sig

2004 LJ Wrangler 

read this:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/wh...nt-one-854790/

then this:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/so...y-tuck-942018/
Unlimited04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2013, 01:37 PM   #3
CharlieHo
Get Savvy

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Either my eyes are going really bad, or that's a (poorly) photoshopped pic?
I have the ability to spell correctly, it's just that the autocorrect on my iPad will not permit it.
CharlieHo is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2013, 01:47 PM   #4
2k2wranglerx
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FleXJ96 View Post
Just put 33s on the TJ and the lift is from the PO. What is the best option for getting rid of the TC drop, as I call "what you're stuck on". I know I need some LCAs to center the axles back up, I am putting on a 1" body lift this week. if I do a 1" Motor mount lift as well, can I take off the TC drop? I know I have seen some of the belly up skids too. Or if I do a an SYE and Drive shaft, will that help? Not new to Jeeping, just this short wheel base , lol thanks

on 3" springs I tried to ditch my Tcase drop and just do a MML and I still had vibes. that was with a d35.

ended up bumping to 4" springs, d44 rear, and a SYE/DC driveshaft and it was good to go.
Unread 08-19-2013, 02:29 PM   #5
JStrider
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieHo View Post
Either my eyes are going really bad, or that's a (poorly) photoshopped pic?
at first I thought that... but I think the tires are right over the edge of the curb, and theres a goofy filter on it which makes it feel photoshopped...
Unread 08-19-2013, 05:43 PM   #6
joe_jeep
2005 LJ Wrangler 

with an sye and (cv)double cardan drive shaft, you will be in the ball park. rear uppers will dial it in. mml can help, but usually is not mandatory.
glfwda #6624
joe_jeep is online now   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.