Best headlight upgrade for a TJ that does not require new wire upgrade? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Best headlight upgrade for a TJ that does not require new wire upgrade?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LinePoison Spyder JK Evap SkidRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 03-05-2008, 03:22 PM   #1
rescue6
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Best headlight upgrade for a TJ that does not require new wire upgrade?

I have read all of the recent posts about how awsome the IPF lights and fatboy bulbs are but then on top of that 150 you have to upgrade the wires foranother 100 so what is the best upgrade for headlights that does not require a wireing upgrade as well.

Thanks

rescue6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2008, 03:25 PM   #2
Border Dave
Got Sand?

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Hella Vision Plus conversion headlamps. I should be receiving mine in a couple days.

Here's JP Magazine's review on aftermarket TJ headlights.
http://www.jpmagazine.com/techarticl...out/index.html
Border Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2008, 03:26 PM   #3
daveshan
Feeding the money pits

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Hella H-4s and a good quality H-4 bulb. ~$75 including shipping from fleabay and they drop right in.

Use a stock wattage bulb and the light increase is significant with no additional wattage draw. The increase is due to better beam pattern and focus not just throwing more light down the road.

'01 TJ Sahara
'98 XJ Sport
'00 XJ Wife's ride
Gone but not forgotten
'56CJ, '61 Wagon, '51 Pickup, '07 JK 4dr

daveshan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2008, 03:37 PM   #4
rescue6
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Anyone have a link to purchase these
rescue6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2008, 04:18 PM   #5
RBurg44
2000 TJ Wrangler 

i have the deltas and love them!
Unread 03-05-2008, 04:51 PM   #6
Trombino
1978 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rescue6 View Post
I have read all of the recent posts about how awsome the IPF lights and fatboy bulbs are but then on top of that 150 you have to upgrade the wires foranother 100 so what is the best upgrade for headlights that does not require a wireing upgrade as well.

Thanks
While the wiring upgrade is a nice touch, its by no means required for the IPF conversion. I've been running them for well over a year with no issues. Looks, however, like the price went up as I believe I bought them for $130 shipped from Northridge back when I upgraded.
'78 CJ7 -- Chevy 350 SBC, Holley 4-BBL, TH700R4, B&M Performance Shifter, Dana 300 w/ Twin Sticks, 3" Shackle Lift, 3" Body Lift, D30 Front (Disc), AMC 20 Rear w/ Moser 1-Piece, 4.10's, 35x12.50/15 General Grabber MT's, Cragar Soft 8's (15x8 w/ 4" BS)
Trombino is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2008, 05:04 PM   #7
tangofox007
Web Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBurg44 View Post
i have the deltas and love them!
Which model? You love them because...?
tangofox007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2008, 05:07 PM   #8
dogbluedrummer
Trust me....

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Yet another plug for Roundeyes!

Roundeyes™ introduces a night vision upgrade for the Jeep® owner. Conversion headlamps are designed to replace your OEM issued sealed beam headlights providing you with a much safer night time driving experience.

If you have a hard time seeing clearly at night with your stock dim yellow headlights, this upgrade is what you need. Roundeyes™ conversion headlamps will provide you with a whiter and brighter light output allowing you better vision in the fog, rain, snow, and night time driving conditions.

- 60% brighter than conventional sealed beam headlamps
- H4 60/55 watt bulbs are replaceable
- Die-cast aluminum housing with a complex multi surface reflector that produces a wider beam pattern
- Unbreakable clear polycarbonate lens
- Gortex® breather allows heat to escape while keeping moisture out of the lamp assembly
- Lamp assembly can handle off-road bulbs up to 130 watts
- Easy drop fit installation with no additional wiring needed

Simply unscrew the headlamp bezel, remove and unplug your old sealed beam headlamp and replace them with these. It's that easy!

This street legal DOT approved/SAE certified set includes two complete headlamp assemblies with bulbs already installed, ready to plug into your vehicle.
The best safety upgrade for you and your family!

We can not remove or exchange the DOT approved bulbs for this kit. Higher wattage bulbs are sold separately and are for off-road use only. To be installed by the customer. See "Auxiliary Bulbs" in the main menu.

Does not fit Jeep Liberty.

FREE SHIPPING - LIMITED TIME OFFER!

Price:$ 109.00 / pair
Everything I need to fix on the heep: ABS indicator, speed 4 on the blower fan, torn softop over driver's head, both seat release/tilt cables, missing center cap on spare, broken under hood light, wire up the CB, wiring problem with the reverse lights, broken bottle jack, leaky front and rear pinion seals, loose trackbar relocation bracket, torn drivers seat on the side, broken center console lock, lost nuts for door hinges, squeaking centering ball, loose parking brake cable, oil change and rotate the tires.
My build threadhttp://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/free-wife-good-home-pics-included-528892/
dogbluedrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2008, 05:14 PM   #9
motobob13
1999 TJ Wrangler 

X2 on trombino's experience. I run the IPF/Fatboy combo with stock 99 TJ wiring and they work GREAT.
motobob13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2008, 05:16 PM   #10
CRAWLING 98
Rock Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

I don't know what the big deal is with IPF's and fatboys, I installed Delta's with Silverstars and am quite happy with them (at a lower cost might I add).

http://www.quadratec.com/products/97009_111.htm
with Silverstars from my local auto parts store is good, I have had many compliments on the set-up in the California Deserts.
Unread 03-05-2008, 05:30 PM   #11
tangofox007
Web Wheeler

Has anyone tried these?

http://www.quadratec.com/products/97009_300.htm
tangofox007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2008, 06:12 PM   #12
rudy99
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by motobob13 View Post
X2 on trombino's experience. I run the IPF/Fatboy combo with stock 99 TJ wiring and they work GREAT.
x3 Big difference over stock w/IPF/Fatboys
6-speed; D30/D44 w/3.73; 33"x12.5 MTRs; Skid Row Engine/Steering Skids; AtoZ Rockers and Rear Bumper/Tire Carrier; Rockcrusher and T&J Diff Covers; 4WheelCustoms 2.25" BB; M.O.R.E 1" MML; PA 1" BL; Mike Green LCA Skids; Uniden Pro510XL w/2' Firestik; Husky Floor Liners
Lone Star Jeep Club
rudy99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2008, 06:14 PM   #13
benny36
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Rampage h4
http://www.quadratec.com/products/97009_500.htm
Unread 03-05-2008, 06:51 PM   #14
cpleasant
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Silverstars are a VAST improvment over stock. They really are extremely bright. Looks more like aircraft lighting (which I have experiance with) than automobile lighting.
I know your rite I seid the dealer seid the same thing as you and that I don't want them there , but I was asking another qeustin as in what do I do about the slots in the brackets couse if I just put a bolt in there it will slide back and fourth but again thank you all knowing and powerfull jeep god sorry us lesser jeep peeons might have some more qeustins in the future , so please if there to much for you sit back relax go to the next post
cpleasant is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2008, 06:53 PM   #15
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

you dont have to upgrading the wirings for the IPF kit, i didnt, and i get flashed very now and then even with them aimed properly

My builds: Bruiser and The Grey

|Forge Overland| or follow us on Facebook
spyder6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.