Best Fender Flares - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Best Fender Flares

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHut

Unread 12-05-2006, 04:43 PM   #1
jbpdog

Best Fender Flares

Hey. In your opinion, which is the best set of wider then stock fender flares for the 03tj. I am 2" lifted with 33" mud tires. I want to upgrade to wider flares. I dont do much wheelin on rocks or in woods so I dont care about cracking etc.. I al leaning towards Rugged Ridge or EGR cuz theyre cheaper. Thanks!

Custom Sound System & 5% Window Tints
[/COLOR][/B][/CENTER]
jbpdog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-05-2006, 05:05 PM   #2
NavinRJohnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbpdog
Hey. In your opinion, which is the best set of wider then stock fender flares for the 03tj. I am 2" lifted with 33" mud tires. I want to upgrade to wider flares. I dont do much wheelin on rocks or in woods so I dont care about cracking etc.. I al leaning towards Rugged Ridge or EGR cuz theyre cheaper. Thanks!
Just got my Warn 6" flares in the mail. They look really nice. I'm pretty bummed about having wider flares, so I wanted the best looking pair I could get. It's subtle, but to me they look better. All the cheaper ones are 7" --just too wide for me. I hear even the EGR 6.5" actually hang out 7". Got a price match through 4wd.com and got a $50 gift certificate (I think due to the Warn flares alone, but I ordered other stuff wth them).

'06 LJ (specs in profile, 35's, ARBs, rocket boosters, stealth technology, etc.)
NavinRJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-05-2006, 09:46 PM   #3
roadking
1997 TJ Wrangler 

4Wheel Parts has Generic flares that look like bushwackers for $199. I put them on and thay look nice...but seem flimsy...might break on the trail. Not a great "match" either as they don't follow the exact lines of the stock flares. The rubber stripping that goes between the flare and the body was also a b***h. But for the money and stand 10 feet away...you do the math.

[url]http://video.google.com:80/videoplay?docid=-2512249746173560379&pr=goog-sl[/url]

[B]65 million firearms owners killed no one yesterday - Assault is a behavior, not a device.[/B]
roadking is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-05-2006, 10:16 PM   #4
R. Potts
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I had the same problem, so I ordered a pair of knock-off bushwacker flares off of ebay for $150. They only lasted about 2 months and then the back flares kept coming off. I upgraded to the Warn 6" flares ($400) and was very pleased with them. They use all the factory mounting hardware, so keep it! They also look just like stock, except wider. Warn is a good choice!
R. Potts is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-06-2006, 08:24 AM   #5
kaybone
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavinRJohnson
Just got my Warn 6" flares in the mail. They look really nice. I'm pretty bummed about having wider flares, so I wanted the best looking pair I could get. It's subtle, but to me they look better. All the cheaper ones are 7" --just too wide for me. I hear even the EGR 6.5" actually hang out 7". Got a price match through 4wd.com and got a $50 gift certificate (I think due to the Warn flares alone, but I ordered other stuff wth them).

I really like my 6"Warn Flares also. I used to think the Warn Flares looked slightly too wide until the JK's came out. Those things blow everything out of the water sizewise and now my Warns look normal
Gun Metal Blue Jeep Club Member #99
kaybone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.