best deals for OEM TJ radiators - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > best deals for OEM TJ radiators

Halloween Savings to die for!ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!!

Unread 03-10-2012, 08:06 PM   #1
fish4life
1997 TJ Wrangler 

best deals for OEM TJ radiators

Has anyone bought a Jeep TJ OEM Mopar radiator recently or know where the best online deals are?

Here's what I've found www.wermopar.com $179.30 plus $17.93 for shipping. Total: $197.23

Anyone find better??

Also, i should mention that I have a very close friendship with the moderators here, so any posts regarding the "plastic crap" of OEM, or "buy a radiator barn 3 row all metal [blah blah]" results in an immediate ban! You've been warned

fish4life is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-10-2012, 08:09 PM   #2
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish4life View Post
Has anyone bought a Jeep TJ OEM Mopar radiator recently or know where the best online deals are?

Here's what I've found www.wermopar.com $179.30 plus $17.93 for shipping. Total: $197.23

Anyone find better??

Also, i should mention that I have a very close friendship with the moderators here, so any posts regarding the "plastic crap" of OEM, or "buy a radiator barn 3 row all metal" results in an immediate ban! You've been warned
I'm a huge fan of the "plastic crap" of the OEM and I fully believe if you "buy a radiator barn 3 row all metal" radiator, you're clearly not paying attention to what's best for your rig's cooling system.

If you can get me banned for that, have at it.
Unread 03-10-2012, 09:53 PM   #3
fish4life
1997 TJ Wrangler 

they're waving the ban stick for excessive pot-stirring too ya know! :P
Unread 03-10-2012, 10:02 PM   #4
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
they're waving the ban stick for excessive pot-stirring too ya know! :P
If they were, your first post would have sent you flying for being excessively inflammatory.
Unread 03-10-2012, 10:14 PM   #5
alex211
1995 XJ Cherokee 

I got one for $90 from rock auto, been working fine for about 6 months now.
Unread 03-10-2012, 10:34 PM   #6
fish4life
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex211 View Post
I got one for $90 from rock auto, been working fine for about 6 months now.

...wait ... actual MOPAR O.E.M or just oem-style?
Unread 03-11-2012, 09:08 AM   #7
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

...wait ... actual MOPAR O.E.M or just oem-style?
It's OEM style. We have those locally as well for roughly 110ish.

Your deal is the best I've seen and I get a decent discount at the dealer.
Unread 03-11-2012, 09:36 AM   #8
MFERNICO
2001 TJ Wrangler 

God I went through 2 OEM style rads in 15k miles before I ponied up for a real OEM rad. The original lasted 100k and this one has 30k on it and still flawless.
MFERNICO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-11-2012, 12:39 PM   #9
wushaw
Rockin jeep

2000 TJ Wrangler 

I got 31k on some plastic aftermarket unit I ordered from a local radiator repair place....I have no idea who built it and if it last another 69k...I'll be happy.
wushaw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-11-2012, 01:22 PM   #10
fish4life
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
It's OEM style. We have those locally as well for roughly 110ish.

Your deal is the best I've seen and I get a decent discount at the dealer.
interesting to know, thanks blaine!
Unread 03-11-2012, 01:36 PM   #11
fish4life
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFERNICO View Post
God I went through 2 OEM style rads in 15k miles before I ponied up for a real OEM rad. The original lasted 100k and this one has 30k on it and still flawless.
My original lasted 75,000 miles before developing a small leak. In all honesty, i should have just switched from an 18psi cap to a 16psi one and it probably would have stopped the leak. It's never gotten hot enough for it to really need an 18psi cap and 16psi is plenty for keeping it from boiling over at any elevations we wheel at here.

Getting rid of the OEM radiator over such a small leak is the only thing i fully regret on my Jeep. Total waste of my money, and what is infinitely worse ... my time.

I replaced it with a radiator barn unit and that only lasted 28,000 miles. It came from the box with the inlet hose crushed and the radiator cap neck "kinked" so that i had to file it down to get the cap to seal. Was not happy about that. Next came the leak. A decent leak right in the top where the "all metal" construction was supposed to address the problem of the OEM radiator leaking. I ended up soldering that leak shut with a torch and some solder. That's held for about a year and a half with an 18psi cap.

The last straw was climbing 8.5% grade of highway going camping. Trying to maintain 65mph up the hill in 4th gear, about 3000rpm ... the temps got to about 230*F before i let off the gas pedal ... never was a problem with my OEM radiator. In fact, there isn't a single time with the OEM radiator that i can recall the needle going over 210*F ... ever. I don't have A/C but we've wheeled in 103-105*F here and had my floor boards literally melting my feet yet the engine stayed at 210*F.

now i wonder if radiator barn will take back my filed, soldered radiator under their lifetime warranty ... yes, you're not supposed to modify it if you want to claim for warranty, but what the hell am i supposed to do when i'm 200 miles from home and 80 miles from the nearest town
Unread 03-12-2012, 04:38 AM   #12
mike_dippert
hodophobic

2005 LJ Wrangler 

I just bought one for $197 + $31 shipping. It's from Mopar Parts America. Manual trans version. Auto was a bit more.
JF taught me that the 2.5L, Ax-5 and D35 together are so powerful that angels weep when I shift into 4LO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
The only thing a bicycle inner tube is good for, is tying a knot in the end of when you run out of condoms.
mike_dippert is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-26-2012, 01:00 PM   #13
Phreaq
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I bought a CSF 2576 back in '07. Maybe payed $150 for it locally. It started leaking by '08. "Had it repaired". '09 leaked again. Kept driving anyway, never overheats! '11 tried to have it "repaired" again. 2 months later, leaking again. I just keep driving it, cause I don't want to pay for a new one.
Phreaq is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-26-2012, 01:33 PM   #14
fish4life
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreaq
I bought a CSF 2576 back in '07. Maybe payed $150 for it locally. It started leaking by '08. "Had it repaired". '09 leaked again. Kept driving anyway, never overheats! '11 tried to have it "repaired" again. 2 months later, leaking again. I just keep driving it, cause I don't want to pay for a new one.
Same story for my radiator barn all metal which was also affixed with the CSF sticker ... Hmmm

Mine leaked right at the top where the "all metal construction" was supposed to address the oem radiator leak issue. Very ironic in that I had to end up soldering it to fix something *it* was supposed to fix!

My biggest annoyance is with their use of crap materials which never cooled as well as the OEM unit did. It is their two row model and it will go past 210 on steep highway hills if trying to maintain 65mph. The stock radiator stayed at 210 no matter what I did. Driving the same hill and towing a trailer still had it sitting at 210.

You get what you pay for, and I should have known better ... Not to mention it came out of the box,with the inlet hose and filler neck kinked which I had to fix as well.

Besides, what use is their warranty to me if I need my jeep on the road the next day ... Or worse yet im a hundred miles from pavement and its crapping out on me ... Junk!

Mine has been installed since 2007 as well and,it really should have been tossed out in 2009. Im replacing it with an OEM unit as soon as I have some time to work on it.
Unread 03-26-2012, 02:22 PM   #15
freeskier93
Web Wheeler

1997 TJ Wrangler 

I ordered my water pump from wermopar.com. I'm not 100% sure if it is really Mopar. It is the same casting as the Duralast pumps and had no mopar logos. I installed it anyway, hoping Mopar is outsourcing their castings and is still using good bearings, but I probably wouldn't order from them again. I would order from one of the Mopar vendors here on the forum.

CU Boulder Aerospace Engineering
freeskier93 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.