Best/cost efficient way to gain HP and gas mileage - Page 8 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Best/cost efficient way to gain HP and gas mileage

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Closed Thread
Unread 03-09-2009, 10:06 PM   #106
T0ADMAN
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlimited04 View Post
thats correct the wrangler is considered one of the most recyclable after death and costs the least amount of energy to manufacturer. It beats the Prius!

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-st...le-423233.html
So the fact that my girlfriend and I have a Prius and a Jeep puts in perfect position, the best of both worlds.
Now at least I have ammo about why my Jeep isn't quite the global warmer it would seem to be.

T0ADMAN is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-09-2009, 10:08 PM   #107
Unlimited04
This post/info=my opinion

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
Finished up swapping a pair of Rubi axles under a TJ, ... found time to snag another rig and drive it home to build some custom brakes on, and still managed to irritate you some more. All in all, a very good day.
Haha! LMAO. Thats sig worthy mrblaine!
Unlimited04 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-09-2009, 10:09 PM   #108
Gabe
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Hey man, don't pay attention to these guys, they're just a bunch of e-thugs and they don't even know what they're talking about.

These guys should be more helpful. They know their stuff and treat newbies like you with greater respect. They helped me get about 5 more miles to the gallon in my jeep with a few simple tips. Sign up and start a thread here....
http://pirate4x4.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10
Gabe is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-09-2009, 10:10 PM   #109
Unlimited04

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by T0ADMAN View Post
So ... my girlfriend and I have a Prius
Now I just feel sorry for you.
Unread 03-09-2009, 10:16 PM   #110
BlackRuby06
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe View Post
Hey man, don't pay attention to these guys, they're just a bunch of e-thugs and they don't even know what they're talking about.

These guys should be more helpful. They know their stuff and treat newbies like you with greater respect. They helped me get about 5 more miles to the gallon in my jeep with a few simple tips. Sign up and start a thread here....
http://pirate4x4.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imped View Post
Ditching 3.07's will be similar to seeing your first set of tits.
I need one 35" for a trail spare, anybody have one?
BlackRuby06 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-10-2009, 12:14 AM   #111
mrosseker
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Wow.

You know, when you said that you'd had enough, and mrBlaine said that you'd be back? You've proved him right. You know that, right?

Here's a few things to remember:

I can say with great confidence (FYI...) that you can't brag about your physical size or toughness over the internet. It doesn't matter if it's actually true, bringing it up makes YOU seem like the one with the self esteem issues, and everyone will laugh at you. All you have here is the written word, and Smilies.

Use spell check. I've seen you spell write "millage" more times than I'd care to ever see again. It's spelled "mileage". You have a college degree. Get better.

Everyone here looks up to these "jerks" because they help make the stuff that we buy and they are experts of this domain. We also look up to them because they were here long before us, and will be here long after we're gone. They're also likely to be the guys bailing us out on the trail after we've done something stupid, and they'll be able to tell us how to do it better next time, if we just ask nicely. This all boils down to respecting your elders, you'll need their insight and experience someday.
Unread 03-10-2009, 12:15 AM   #112
mmtphoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by chet13 View Post
x2, the 'b' is a bore...
mmtphoto is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-10-2009, 01:37 AM   #113
dbshea
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Gentleman, and I say that with a bit of refrain due to a few of the previous posts. I haven't been on the forum that long, but it has helped me immensley and saved me quite a bit of change. Actually, that's not true, it just gets diverted to something else. Regardless, to the OP. Just one search for FUEL MPG returned 150 threads. Not to beat a dead horse, but before you go for your guns, think about what's being said. And as for the badgering of mr blaine and the such, he's a big boy and can fight his own battles...however, if you were the newb at a local shop, and there was someone that had been working there for years, no matter how gruff his answer would you still listen? Age, post count, join date, witty sigs aside...think about the experience that these guys are offering up. Respect is earned not given. my 2 cents. Take it or leave it.

And mr blaine...cut the guy some slack. If you scare him away now...he'll be no fun to anyone. j/k soda

Last edited by dbshea; 03-10-2009 at 01:41 AM.. Reason: had two more cents...
dbshea is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-10-2009, 10:50 AM   #114
T0ADMAN
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlimited04 View Post
Now I just feel sorry for you.
Nah, now that I have my Jeep it's perfect.

When we wanna go somewhere boring and get 50mpg, we take the prius.

When we actually want to enjoy the experience of getting somewhere, or go somewhere interesting, we take my Jeep. Once summer comes and I can take the top off, I suspect I know which one I'll be in almost all the time.
T0ADMAN is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-10-2009, 11:00 AM   #115
spokanistan
1998 TJ Wrangler 

This thread needs more bacon.
Unread 03-10-2009, 11:20 AM   #116
Unlimited04

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by spokanistan View Post
This thread needs more bacon.

BACON!

Unread 03-11-2009, 10:59 AM   #117
sardog12
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

TJ Tech BOOT CAMP: A must-read for new TJ owners/forum members

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=722109

Great read!
Unread 03-11-2009, 11:16 AM   #118
Jerry Bransford
Administrator

2004 TJ Wrangler 

This thread ceased being tech right at about the first post... closed. And Zanash2, running a higher octane gas in your TJ will not improve or even change your mpg... octane has nothing to do with that.

Coolest offroad magazine ever! CRAWL Magazine

When you have a choice, buy American.
Jerry Bransford is online now   Quick reply to this message
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.