Best/cost efficient way to gain HP and gas mileage - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Best/cost efficient way to gain HP and gas mileage

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Closed Thread
Unread 03-09-2009, 07:09 PM   #76
WillysEdition04
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanash2 View Post
lol, is this site always this confrontational?
No. It isn't. Seriously.

ChevTac Firearms, LLC
"Like" us on Facebook: facebook.com/ChevTec
WillysEdition04 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-09-2009, 07:11 PM   #77
Dmcastino
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Nope, its actually the least confrontational of the 4 different forums I am on/have been on before. My advice is to just let this thread die and hang around the forum and keep absorbing information. You will no doubt quickly realize that you should really value both mrblaine's and unlimted04's input, regardless of your feelings on how their input was delivered, as they really know what they are talking about (you may have missed this earlier, but I mentioned that Blaine actually helps to develop and beta test many of the things you may eventually want to put on your Jeep...). Just let the thread go with no hard feelings or preconceived notions about who is or isn't a jerk and I think you can still find that you will learn a lot from JF and save a whole lot of money when it comes to products and what not.
Dmcastino is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-09-2009, 07:13 PM   #78
Unlimited04
This post/info=my opinion

2004 LJ Wrangler 

for the record i don't know squat compared to mrblaine...hes the real expert here I value his opinion greatly, his info has steered me in the right direction many times
Unlimited04 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-09-2009, 07:19 PM   #79
Ironwind1972
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlimited04 View Post
oh great...here we go again.

1. Do a search
2. Search again.
3. Search one more time.
4. Buy a Civic.
I don't get you guys being so crappy about someone making a post that was already made 5 years ago. If there were no reposts, there would be nothing new to talk about and this forum would die. So chill out, just because you've seen it before doesn't mean someone else has. It's people like you who run away decent jeepers who come here just to learn, share, and have a good time talking about jeeps.

Last edited by Ironwind1972; 03-09-2009 at 07:59 PM..
Ironwind1972 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-09-2009, 07:21 PM   #80
WillysEdition04
2008 JK Wrangler 

Get 500 posts or 6 months under your belt and then re-read your post. You'll have a completely different opinion.

ChevTac Firearms, LLC
Unread 03-09-2009, 07:23 PM   #81
Ironwind1972
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Some of the people are, why I don't know. They ruin it for the rest of us. Take them with a grain of salt. They are obviously here for other reasons than to enjoy jeeps with fellow enthusiasts. Misery likes company and they come here looking for company.
Unread 03-09-2009, 07:24 PM   #82
zanash2
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillysEdition04 View Post
Dude,

I tried to help you out and show you the ropes but you just want to dig your own hole. These guys know their ****. I don't know how else to put it. As rude/arrogant/sarcastic as the comments can be, they are there to benefit you! If we were really *** holes we wouldn't post at all and let people make bad/costly/dangerous choices! Blaine and Unlimited04 have paid the cost to be the boss. Seriously, people on this forum design, test, and develop some of the **** you will buy in the future.

You're telling me you don't bust your buddies' balls when you get together with friends? You don't tease your friends for some of the **** they do? It's the same thing as what goes on here. The only difference is we don't all know each other personally so we have to assume you're cool enough to be a part of it.
I understand that these guys might be the jeep Gods but if they are jerks along the way they are useless to me. So I could rip them a new one in my topic of choice so what does that make me? This is the last thread that I will start on this site because I would not want to have some little mouthy punk running his mouth. I can assure you that the same would to be done in person. You see I am a gentle giant and love to take care of guys like the two mentioned above. You see I won’t jack my jeep up and put big tires on to compensate for anything buddy. Anyways, thanks for the advice but I myself have had enough.
zanash2 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-09-2009, 07:25 PM   #83
Ironwind1972
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillysEdition04 View Post
Get 500 posts or 6 months under your belt and then re-read your post. You'll have a completely different opinion.
I've owned jeeps for 10 years now. This isn't the first forum I've been in, and I'm a member of a local jeep club. Time doesn't justify a bad attitude. You guys spam up the posts more with your negativity than someone with good intent trying to learn and/or share something.
Unread 03-09-2009, 07:26 PM   #84
WillysEdition04
2008 JK Wrangler 

I understand. It's not for everyone.

ChevTac Firearms, LLC
Unread 03-09-2009, 07:27 PM   #85
Ironwind1972
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I understand that these guys might be the jeep Gods but if they are jerks along the way they are useless to me. So I could rip them a new one in my topic of choice so what does that make me? This is the last thread that I will start on this site because I would not want to have some little mouthy punk running his mouth. I can assure you that the same would to be done in person. You see I am a gentle giant and love to take care of guys like the two mentioned above. You see I won’t jack my jeep up and put big tires on to compensate for anything buddy. Anyways, thanks for the advice but I myself have had enough.
Don't let these guys ruin it for you, me, or anyone else who enjoys jeeps. They are the bottom feeders who think they are something better than what they are. Overlook them, there are alot of nice people on here who enjoy jeeps as much as you, if not more. Take care and God bless.
Unread 03-09-2009, 07:33 PM   #86
zanash2
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironwind1972 View Post
Don't let these guys ruin it for you, me, or anyone else who enjoys jeeps. They are the bottom feeders who think they are something better than what they are. Overlook them, there are alot of nice people on here who enjoy jeeps as much as you, if not more. Take care and God bless.
Your jeep club looks like a good time! Thanks for the encouragement! I have been ticked about this post since I went to bed last night and you are right these guys are bottom feeders and I shouldn't let them get to me and post out of anger. YOU ROCK MAN. I don't care if you can't change a tire you are good im my book.
zanash2 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-09-2009, 08:04 PM   #87
Ironwind1972
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Your jeep club looks like a good time! Thanks for the encouragement! I have been ticked about this post since I went to bed last night and you are right these guys are bottom feeders and I shouldn't let them get to me and post out of anger. YOU ROCK MAN. I don't care if you can't change a tire you are good im my book.
It's cool man. I know how you feel. I went through the same garbage when I started coming here not to long ago. From what I've seen, it's the same small group of guys with the attitude. Most of them are younger. I'm like you, a gentle giant who can tend to let a smart mouth get to me really quick. But it's people like you, and some other people who actually do love jeeps and the outdoors that keep me coming here. I'm actually in the market for a Rubicon myself, I'm not looking forward to the gas mileage either, but the jeep itself will more than make up for it. Add me as a friend, and let me know what works for you on your Rubicon.
Unread 03-09-2009, 08:10 PM   #88
snakester14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmcastino View Post
How do you know what gains it makes, I couldn't find any charts for it?? Those numbers they posted are no doubt high rpms and therefore just about worthless in a TJ, just like every other programmer/chip we have ever seen
Yes im sure high horse power gains but this is the first superchips tuner that is specifically made for Jeeps and has offroading specific tunes and w hat not. I personally thought it was pretty cool because I haven't seen anything that has offroad specific.
snakester14 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-09-2009, 08:17 PM   #89
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I understand that these guys might be the jeep Gods but if they are jerks along the way they are useless to me.
I had hoped you would get there sooner but, at least you made it.

Quote:
So I could rip them a new one in my topic of choice so what does that make me? This is the last thread that I will start on this site because I would not want to have some little mouthy punk running his mouth.
I can assure you that I am far from a mouthy little punk and you're welcome to start a topic of your choice. We already know it ain't spelling.

Quote:
I can assure you that the same would to be done in person. You see I am a gentle giant and love to take care of guys like the two mentioned above.
Oh wow, an internet tough guy. One thread that didn't go your way and you're making threats? I'd encourage you to keep that crap to yourself. You never know who may sitting across the keyboard from you.

Quote:
Anyways, thanks for the advice but I myself have had enough.
No you haven't, you'll be back, they always come back.
Unread 03-09-2009, 08:18 PM   #90
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironwind1972 View Post
They are the bottom feeders who think they are something better than what they are.

There's thinking, and there's knowing. Some of us know.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.