Best/cost efficient way to gain HP and gas mileage - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Best/cost efficient way to gain HP and gas mileage

CurrieSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Closed Thread
Unread 03-09-2009, 12:12 AM   #61
checkers6
Registered User
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Manchester, MD
Posts: 17
deltabravo, what kind of rpm range do you run at 55 with your mods to get 18mpg?

I don't care what anybody says, the signature has changed my opinion. You're okay in my book, Blaine.

checkers6 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-09-2009, 12:16 AM   #62
Cuder
Registered User
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Arlington, Texas
Posts: 2,631
Take it out of gear going down hills. That will save you a few drops. K&N filter helps a little for more horse power. Spacers are just high dollar noise makers.
Cuder is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-09-2009, 12:18 AM   #63
WillysEdition04
Registered User
2008 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NE OHIO
Posts: 1,697
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuder View Post
Take it out of gear going down hills. That will save you a few drops. K&N filter helps a little for more horse power. Spacers are just high dollar noise makers.
I'm gonna direct you to post #47 of this thread as well.
__________________
04 TJ Willys Edition 41MB-04TJ ...SOLD
08 JK Unlimited S.U.R.V. (SubUrban Response Vehicle)

ChevTac Firearms, LLC
"Like" us on Facebook: facebook.com/ChevTec
WillysEdition04 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-09-2009, 12:39 AM   #64
UnlimitedNJ
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: NJ
Posts: 85
I think you will get much more helpful advise without an attitude over on Pirate4x4 in the jeep-hardcore section. You should go check it out.
__________________
Why don't you go back to your home on whore island?!
UnlimitedNJ is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-09-2009, 12:51 AM   #65
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes
 
mrblaine's Avatar
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Quail Valley, California
Posts: 26,574
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnlimitedNJ View Post
I think you will get much more helpful advise without an attitude over on Pirate4x4 in the jeep-hardcore section. You should go check it out.
And folks think I'm mean. Although, you should have waited to send him over to General 4x4 on Tuesday. That's the day for mileage and horsepower threads.
__________________
I am Savvy
blackmagicbrakes.com
mrblaine is online now   Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-09-2009, 01:10 AM   #66
snakester14
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Cary, NC
Posts: 974
You could get this when it comes out http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/new-superchips-programmer-716588/
Decent gains for the money a little better mileage
__________________
1998 ZJ 5.2/2inch bb/265 a/ts/Flowmaster SOLD
1996 Stock XJ 4.0/ax-15/231 Traded
1998 4.0/ax-15/231 TJ on 33s SOLD
snakester14 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-09-2009, 01:48 AM   #67
Dmcastino
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Noblesville, IN
Posts: 3,179
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakester14 View Post
You could get this when it comes out http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=716588
Decent gains for the money a little better mileage
How do you know what gains it makes, I couldn't find any charts for it?? Those numbers they posted are no doubt high rpms and therefore just about worthless in a TJ, just like every other programmer/chip we have ever seen
Dmcastino is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-09-2009, 01:51 AM   #68
Jackle
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Michigan
Posts: 539
Mr. Blaine you're my hero........now if only chris farley was still alive to say it to you...
Jackle is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-09-2009, 06:30 PM   #69
billreta
Registered User
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Tarkington, Tx
Posts: 12
Ya'll making me laugh down here in Texas. Sometimes I just read the threads just to get a good laugh. Hey, I got a 06 4 banger with a 6 speed, 3.73 gears with 31's and I get about 21 MPG but I have no power. I knew that when I bought it. It's a Jeep and I just cruise down the road in the slow lane. Ya'll keep up the good work. I've learned alot here and the search button is amazing.
billreta is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-09-2009, 06:46 PM   #70
Unlimited04
This post/info=my opinion
 
Unlimited04's Avatar
2004 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 23,494
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
Ain't gonna happen, but, I do have you to thank for encouraging me to adjust my signature so I won't have to keep pointing out the obvious.
This guy is clearly so dense he doesn't understand most of us that give some sarcastic smartass comment have already tried all that bolt on crap, and fully understand that a Jeep Wrangler is a brick powered by a hampster and has the aerodynamics of a house.

My suggestion: get a Quadratec catalog, spend $700 on a Trailjammer kit, $1000 on a Borla header and cat-back, and $75 on a throttle body spacer. Then when all that **** doesn't do a damn thing except empty your wallet, cause check engine lights, clog filters and the Borla header cracks in half, come back here and ask how come your mileage didn't improve. We'll all sit here and laugh because we told you so, but you were too dense to believe the people who have experience.

FYI: $1775 (cost of crap) /$2 (price of gas) = 887 gallons of gas. Thats ~50 tanks of gas, or 15,000+ miles of driving.
Unlimited04 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-09-2009, 07:50 PM   #71
zanash2
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Lexington
Posts: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlimited04 View Post
This guy is clearly so dense he doesn't understand most of us that give some sarcastic smartass comment have already tried all that bolt on crap, and fully understand that a Jeep Wrangler is a brick powered by a hampster and has the aerodynamics of a house.

My suggestion: get a Quadratec catalog, spend $700 on a Trailjammer kit, $1000 on a Borla header and cat-back, and $75 on a throttle body spacer. Then when all that **** doesn't do a damn thing except empty your wallet, cause check engine lights, clog filters and the Borla header cracks in half, come back here and ask how come your mileage didn't improve. We'll all sit here and laugh because we told you so, but you were too dense to believe the people who have experience.

FYI: $1775 (cost of crap) /$2 (price of gas) = 887 gallons of gas. Thats ~50 tanks of gas, or 15,000+ miles of driving.
Hey block head Mr. Blaine thanks you for sticking up for his ignorance. He now knows that he is not the only ignorant loud mouth on this thread. It is obvious that the guys that shoot thier mouth off on this site are either real little men (which I am sure is the case of most of you) or have low self esteem because they have no life and sit on this post waiting to talk about gas millage or something that should have never been posted because there is a search function. Try this get a life! You don't own this site so do me a favor and go to hell.
zanash2 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-09-2009, 07:56 PM   #72
Dmcastino
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Noblesville, IN
Posts: 3,179
Dmcastino is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-09-2009, 07:59 PM   #73
zanash2
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Lexington
Posts: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmcastino View Post
lol, is this site always this confrontational?
zanash2 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-09-2009, 08:05 PM   #74
BlackRuby06
Registered User
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Kalamazoo
Posts: 199
if you think this is bad try pirate. this is nothing, but these threads start every week and if you use the search you can find tons of useful information and blaine and unlimited really know what they are talking about.
__________________
Black Jeep Society
-(OIIIIIIIO)-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imped View Post
Ditching 3.07's will be similar to seeing your first set of tits.
I need one 35" for a trail spare, anybody have one?
BlackRuby06 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-09-2009, 08:05 PM   #75
WillysEdition04
Registered User
2008 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NE OHIO
Posts: 1,697
Quote:
Originally Posted by zanash2 View Post
Hey block head Mr. Blaine thanks you for sticking up for his ignorance. He now knows that he is not the only ignorant loud mouth on this thread. It is obvious that the guys that shoot thier mouth off on this site are either real little men (which I am sure is the case of most of you) or have low self esteem because they have no life and sit on this post waiting to talk about gas millage or something that should have never been posted because there is a search function. Try this get a life! You don't own this site so do me a favor and go to hell.
Dude,

I tried to help you out and show you the ropes but you just want to dig your own hole. These guys know their ****. I don't know how else to put it. As rude/arrogant/sarcastic as the comments can be, they are there to benefit you! If we were really *** holes we wouldn't post at all and let people make bad/costly/dangerous choices! Blaine and Unlimited04 have paid the cost to be the boss. Seriously, people on this forum design, test, and develop some of the **** you will buy in the future.

You're telling me you don't bust your buddies' balls when you get together with friends? You don't tease your friends for some of the **** they do? It's the same thing as what goes on here. The only difference is we don't all know each other personally so we have to assume you're cool enough to be a part of it.
__________________
04 TJ Willys Edition 41MB-04TJ ...SOLD
08 JK Unlimited S.U.R.V. (SubUrban Response Vehicle)

ChevTac Firearms, LLC
"Like" us on Facebook: facebook.com/ChevTec
WillysEdition04 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.