Best/cost efficient way to gain HP and gas mileage - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Best/cost efficient way to gain HP and gas mileage

Dana 30/ Dana 44 Chromoly shaft Kits- ECGSFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201

Closed Thread
Unread 03-08-2009, 09:31 PM   #31
zanash2
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillysEdition04 View Post
get used to it bud. You have to see things from the other side. Every day brand new members ask the same fundamental questions that are covered in the FAQ's and expect long explanations. It tends to clutter the forum and it is irritating for those with real troubleshooting or technical issues that legitimately need help. That's why you'll see alot of "Just ****ing SEARCH already!" responses. They don't go unwarranted.

A good sense of humor and thick skin (not skull) will go a long way here as well.
LOL, I will start to use the search function.

You gave some good advice and I am appreciative for that.

I am not a mechanic, I am a college educated young man that has just taken up a new hobbie.. Therefore I think you might have me confused.

As far as seeng things on the other side.. Here you go buddy... Hypathetical situationn here..

I am a new mechanic and have been a mechanic for years.... I am not that computer savvy and write a post for a general problem that I am having.

You or another make a rude comment to my post. I get ticked off and never visit this post again.

Conclusion- You just ticked a mechanic off that might have the solution to the next up and coming post.

I hope you and others are able to find better way to approach new users in the future.

BTW- I think my skull is normal... LOL

Unread 03-08-2009, 09:33 PM   #32
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanash2 View Post
Thanks for all of the constructive comments. To those who like to bully a post…. It only shows a lack of self-esteem when you try to make yourself look good at the expense of others.
We only bully the posts of those who are incapable of constructing a simple question and then are incapable of understanding the answers they get.

Someone must have perceived that pair of shoes fit you quite nicely.

OTOH, some of us don't really have self esteem issues and just like kicking idiots around. Kinda like a soda can laying in the street, if you time it just right, you don't even have break stride to send it flying.

We'll just call you Soda from here on out if that's okay by you???
Unread 03-08-2009, 09:36 PM   #33
zanash2
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
We only bully the posts of those who are incapable of constructing a simple question and then are incapable of understanding the answers they get.

OTOH, some of us don't really have self esteem issues and just like kicking idiots around. Kinda like a soda can laying in the street, if you time it just right, you don't even have break stride to send it flying.

You need a hug!

-soda
Unread 03-08-2009, 09:37 PM   #34
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

I am not a mechanic, I am a college educated young man that has just taken up a new hobbie.. Therefore I think you might have me confused.

As far as seeng things on the other side.. Here you go buddy... Hypathetical situationn here..
Vanna, can this college educated young man please buy an I to put in his seeing and an O so he can spell "hypothetical" correctly? Don't want him giving college educations a bad rap.

Quote:
I am a new mechanic and have been a mechanic for years.... I am not that computer savvy and write a post for a general problem that I am having.

You or another make a rude comment to my post. I get ticked off and never visit this post again.

Conclusion- You just ticked a mechanic off that might have the solution to the next up and coming post.

I hope you and others are able to find better way to approach new users in the future.

We approach them just fine. My typical advice for new users is to spend a few weeks doing some reading and getting a feel for things. Sorta dip your toes in the pool to test the waters before stripping down and diving in. Let's you know where the shallow end is before you hurt yourself.
Unread 03-08-2009, 09:38 PM   #35
zanash2
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
You need a hug!

-soda
Is there an age limit on these posts? Someone needs to check your ID buddy!
Unread 03-08-2009, 09:38 PM   #36
topfuel83
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Was that really necessary?
33" BFG KM2's on AR Baja Wheels

><> Ryan
Unread 03-08-2009, 09:40 PM   #37
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by topfuel83 View Post
Was that really necessary?
Was what necessary? Read it again and with some comprehension this time. I pointed no fingers and called no one names. I merely pointed out some hypotheticals that may or may not apply.
Unread 03-08-2009, 09:45 PM   #38
WillysEdition04
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:

I was worried you would take that post personally. It was just general advice to help give a feel for the climate of this forum. I don't think your incapable by any means. Please don't get me wrong, I'm happy to help everyone I can. I'm not a mechanic. Most on here aren't. I'm just a hobbyist myself and was a newbie just the same. Trust me, this forum is the BEST place to get info about your rig and will save you much $$$ in mistakes and stupid purchases. Plus, we have people like Jerry B., Blaine (the above poster), Unlimited04 and countless others who really know their **** inside and out.

After about 350 posts under your belt you'll be every time you see a "How do I turn off interior lights with doors off" thread too.

ChevTac Firearms, LLC
"Like" us on Facebook: facebook.com/ChevTec
Unread 03-08-2009, 09:50 PM   #39
zanash2
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Was what necessary? Read it again and with some comprehension this time. I pointed no fingers and called no one names. I merely pointed out some hypotheticals that may or may not apply.
Do you happen to know how to delete a thread in your infinite wisdom because you sure know how to screw one up? Thanks Pal!
Unread 03-08-2009, 09:51 PM   #40
zanash2
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillysEdition04 View Post
I was worried you would take that post personally. It was just general advice to help give a feel for the climate of this forum. I don't think your incapable by any means. Please don't get me wrong, I'm happy to help everyone I can. I'm not a mechanic. Most on here aren't. I'm just a hobbyist myself and was a newbie just the same. Trust me, this forum is the BEST place to get info about your rig and will save you much $$$ in mistakes and stupid purchases. Plus, we have people like Jerry B., Blaine (the above poster), Unlimited04 and countless others who really know their **** inside and out.

After about 350 posts under your belt you'll be every time you see a "How do I turn off interior lights with doors off" thread too.

You ROCK! Thanks for the good advice!
Unread 03-08-2009, 09:52 PM   #41
2005X
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Do you happen to know how to delete a thread in your infinite wisdom because you sure know how to screw one up? Thanks Pal!
you will soon see the mrblaine know more about jeeps that you know about wiping your own ***. the point everyone is making is look around before you post a question that has been posted 100 other times
Unread 03-08-2009, 09:53 PM   #42
sardog12
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
lol, that will be an original.... hmmm.. a low rider rubicon....... I will definitely need the chain steering wheel.
Please, if you want to go that route, I'll trade jeeps with you. Actually, not really, I am pretty attached to mine.

But seriously, you might want to realize that everyone is saying this because the basic questions have been asked so often that they usually now appear as "sticky" threads at the top of the TJ Forum. You should really read the threads there first, before beginning any other threads as those will likely answer at least half of any other questions you might have. Not that your question isn't a valid question and unexpected from a new Jeep owner, but it was also answered in this thread and yet you kept asking it as if the answer isn't good enough.

And, as also posted, you might not want to take much of this too seriously. It could be much worse. Go ask a question like that at Pirate and they will make you cry.

Welcome and have fun with your Jeep!
Unread 03-08-2009, 09:54 PM   #43
checkers6
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Since it was inexpensive, I ordered the air tube/throttle body spacer kit for my STOCK 06 TJ from Rusty's Off-Road. All it is is a TB spacer, a piece of hardware to reposition your stock air tube, and a K & N filter. I'm not saying it's a miracle worker, but amid all the intake bashing, for around $120 I saw a slight improvement in MPG and a slight increase in 'pep', especially when pulling the RPM's out of the basement in 2nd-4th gears. Maybe it's because I'm pretty much bone stock right now, but the money spent is justified by the albeit slight but noticeable increase. Just my two cents.
Unread 03-08-2009, 09:58 PM   #44
zanash2
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2005X View Post
you will soon see the mrblaine know more about jeeps that you know about wiping your own ***. the point everyone is making is look around before you post a question that has been posted 100 other times
I have worked as an IT guy for over 8 years now and have been posting threads on several different websites for longer and I must say that this has been the worst experience ever. I don’t need any more Captain obvious to the rescue I just need to know where the delete button it.
Unread 03-08-2009, 09:59 PM   #45
2005X
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I have worked as an IT guy for over 8 years now and have been posting threads on several different websites for longer and I must say that this has been the worst experience ever. I don’t need any more Captain obvious to the rescue I just need to know where the delete button it.
your an IT guy you tell us

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.