Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Best bang for the buck?

1K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  method84 
#1 ·
For a 3.5" - 4.5" lift, in that area.

Im looking to figure out whats in my best interest, the jeep is 85% on the road as a daily driver, but i wanna be able to have some fun as well, hell thats why i bought it.

So I was wondering, for the price to practicality to quality, whats the best for my senario?

Sorry if this question has been asked before, but I couldn't find another thread on it. What Ive learned here already has helped me a bit, so Ive come back for more.

I was looking at the rubicon express 3.5", but thats why im asking, whats best?

#3 ·
Its hard to say, if I were in your position I'd prolly go for a 2" budget boost (spacer lift) and 32" tires. Maybe a 1" body lift if you wanted some additional height. I would choose this because it doesnt require any extra add-ons such as a slip yoke eliminator kit and your performance should be acceptable with 32" tires. It'd look great imo and would get you the most bang (look/performance) for the buck.

With the rubicon express 3.5" lift it seems a lot of folks need a SYE which adds another ~$600 to the cost. That amount of lift would look good with 33" tires but you *might* not like the performance loss without changing gear ratios (~$1200+).

If you've got a Rubicon model or 3.73 gears the 33" tires would probably be OK. You wouldn't need an SYE with a Rubicon either but you may need a CV style driveshaft (~$300) but somebody with a Rubicon would have to verify that.

This also all depends on what your budget is, low cost for one guy is expensive to another.

#7 ·
I agree with Varnish, If you go with the RE 3.5 you should go with the superflex kit which is about 1300.00 plus a SYE is possible depending on the vibes after install. I had the RE 3.5 Standard kit that runs about 550.00 and wasn't very happy for it being a DD. None adj control arms made my caster way out and through off my steering.

Unfortunetly it seems like a trend today but I agree with MCanavan. The Ome 2.5 is the best way to go. Run that and 31's and you can go quite a few places. I don't really see the need for a BL but if you want more tire clearence go for it. Corect me if I am wrong but a complete spring shock kit for OME is 700.00.

#8 ·
dougolupski said:
I agree with Varnish, If you go with the RE 3.5 you should go with the superflex kit which is about 1300.00 plus a SYE is possible depending on the vibes after install. I had the RE 3.5 Standard kit that runs about 550.00 and wasn't very happy for it being a DD. None adj control arms made my caster way out and through off my steering.

Unfortunetly it seems like a trend today but I agree with MCanavan. The Ome 2.5 is the best way to go. Run that and 31's and you can go quite a few places. I don't really see the need for a BL but if you want more tire clearence go for it. Corect me if I am wrong but a complete spring shock kit for OME is 700.00.
Talk to DC4WD, its not $700.:laugh: I suggested the BL/MML for more clearance and a way to get rid of the t-case drop.

#9 ·
#10 ·
#11 ·
Nodoubt, all of the vendors we have here treat us really well. My fav is Redrock4x4, Jason has helped me a ton with my last set of upgrades.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.