Best Auxiliary Lights? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Best Auxiliary Lights?

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 12-17-2010, 03:58 PM   #1
jakevisscher
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Best Auxiliary Lights?

I am looking to mount lights on the lower brackets of my windshield and was interested to see what the opinion on lights are out there. I am looking at everything from KC SlimLites, Hellas, Deltas and IPF. I heard the IPF stoneguards reduce glare and are an all around good light. also does watts matter much and I beleive I would want a long range beam or Driving beams seeing how I already have fog lights on my bumper. All comment and suggestions would be great. Thanks Guys.

jakevisscher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-17-2010, 04:03 PM   #2
vanillathrilla
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Everyone usually agrees that the topic itself is relative to how much money you're willing to spend, but usually really good things are said about Lightforce.
'99 TJ Sport | Rampage Frameless | 33x12.50x15 Goodyear MTR/K's | Poweraid TBS | Flowmaster 40 series | Herculined | 15% tint | LED interior lighting | AtoZ front/rear bumper | AtoZ tube rocker guards | Kenwood Excelon KDC-X993BT | Kicker 6.5's in soundbar | Alpine Type-R 4x6's in dash.
vanillathrilla is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-17-2010, 04:04 PM   #3
RockMonster
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Any idea on how much your willing to spend? And if your going to put lights on your windshield I would recommend spot lights. Fogs glare allot and it dosent hurt being able to see way out when going at a faster pace.
Unread 12-17-2010, 04:06 PM   #4
bstew417
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Lightforce makes the best lights, hands down. Bright, durable, flexible, adjustable. You can adjust the beam pattern and lenses depending on your needs. They be rather expensive though.
bstew417 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-17-2010, 04:06 PM   #5
jakevisscher
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Im willing t spend 200 to 250 if need be thats including the 35 dollar KC windshield mount brackets from Quadratec.
jakevisscher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-17-2010, 04:13 PM   #6
vanillathrilla
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Pretty sure that's not going to buy a single Lightforce light, so you'd be better off sticking with KC or Hella at that price range IMO.
'99 TJ Sport | Rampage Frameless | 33x12.50x15 Goodyear MTR/K's | Poweraid TBS | Flowmaster 40 series | Herculined | 15% tint | LED interior lighting | AtoZ front/rear bumper | AtoZ tube rocker guards | Kenwood Excelon KDC-X993BT | Kicker 6.5's in soundbar | Alpine Type-R 4x6's in dash.
vanillathrilla is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-17-2010, 04:19 PM   #7
TheDragonfly
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Ive only had Deltas and KCs. Id put KCs ahead of delta in quality.
TheDragonfly is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-18-2010, 01:08 PM   #8
ads357
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I have the KC slim lights and would not hesitate to do it again. my $.02
ads357 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2011, 06:47 PM   #9
jonboyjones88
2000 TJ Wrangler 

i found two auxilary lighting kits around the same price. one is the ipf 968 series and the other is tha kc 631 daylighter. which is best? will they both fit in regular mounting brackets for my lower windshield bracket? i already have ipf housings with hids on my headlights and like them but many people have kc's. would really appreciate some help. Thanks in advance.
jonboyjones88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2011, 06:57 PM   #10
stokerdog
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Even the best aux. lights are relativly fragile. Which is why I prefer to buy good quality lights that arn't too expensive. I have always found KC lights to be the best compromise of $$ and quality/performance. I'm not a desert racer, just a guy who like to wheel hunt and fish. So 130w pencil beams that let me see 0.3 mile ahead arn't of much value to me.
Unread 02-14-2011, 07:19 PM   #11
Filthy-Beast
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Lightforce 140 Lance and 170 Striker can be had for under $300. They are not fragile. Have you seen the video of them being hit with baseball bat and shot with a shotgun?

[COLOR="red"][B]For Sale:[/B][/COLOR] [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f129/jk-4dr-black-painted-hard-top-1000-a-1541186/"][COLOR="Blue"]2013 4dr JK Painted black Hard Top[/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f127/jkur-18-59-springs-shocks-1557427/"][COLOR="Purple"]JKUR 18/59 springs and shocks[/COLOR][/URL]

[SIZE="1"][B]97 TJ:[/B] daughter 1 - 2.5L, Auto, 2" BB, 31" GY Duratrac
[B]98 TJ:[/B] Daugher 2 - 4.0L, 5spd, D44 rear
[B]06 LJ Rubicon:[/B] mine - Rokmen full up-armor, 8 adjustable CAs, front bumper, sliders, corners, Shrockworks rear bumper, 3" AEV/BDS lift, Currie HD stearing and Antirock, MT/r - k 35x12.5, SuperWinch, MC Overlines, York OBA
[B]13 JKU Rubicon:[/B] Wife's for now, Ace Rock rails & rear bumper tire carrier, Truck Lites, MC Game changer 3.5 lift, RR skids, PSC Brawler front bumper, Warn 9.5cti-s, 35" GY MTRs[/SIZE]
Filthy-Beast is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2011, 07:24 PM   #12
cam36
2012 JK Wrangler 

kc daylighters for 100 bucks ftw
3inch BDS w/ bilstein 5100s
cam36 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2011, 07:32 PM   #13
BigD97TJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I have some walmart 6" KC knockoff lights that were given to me and I converted them to HID with a DDM kit and they shine brighter than any halogen will and can be have for about 60 bucks.

For comparison, my brother has a 4 light light bar on his tacoma with some Harbor freight 6" converted to HID's in the middle and 130w slimlites on the outsides and the KC's are barely noticeable when the HID's are on.
BigD97TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2011, 07:37 PM   #14
rdtj
1997 TJ Wrangler 

i got the harbor freight lights, they are bright enough for me. i dont spend 100 bucks and more a pair anymore after getting 4 ripped off by vines and other various things that seem to like to snag the lights while driving through the woods.
rdtj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.