Best articulating 5.5" lift? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Best articulating 5.5" lift?

ENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTIEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippSmittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 12-03-2006, 10:56 AM   #1
m1a convert

Best articulating 5.5" lift?

What lift articulates the best in the 5.5" range and costing less then $4000?

I have been looking at the Rock Krawler, Fabtech, Rubicon Express and nth degree. Which of these is the best and are there others I should look at?

m1a convert is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-03-2006, 11:30 AM   #2
Sahara01
2003 TJ Wrangler 

RockKrawler X-Factor Plus 5.5 long arm system....here's a link to some pic's of the build on my jeep with install pic's on that system....system flexs so well it is nessasary to use limiting straps to keep from dropping the springs out or over extending your shocks....about $2399.

http://www.slackeroffroad.com/photo/...s.php?album=76
Shortbus Offroad Team #242
sponsored by
www.rockkrawler.com, GOODYEAR TIRES, http://www.browndogoffroad.com/ , Solid Axle Industries, Genright,

Last edited by Sahara01; 12-03-2006 at 05:32 PM..
Sahara01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-03-2006, 11:39 AM   #3
ImSuck

that jeeps looks freakin awesome
Low Output 4 Cylinder Jeep Club member #59
[QUOTE=Grewe02]No such thing. Eat **** and die.[/QUOTE]

lifted with some extra's
......sold
ImSuck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-03-2006, 12:57 PM   #4
JeepRocks86
Some Call me RockDog

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Also look at the Clayton kit and the TNT customs kit. I'm going to build one like the clayton kit to save some $$
My TJ Build Thread.
www.kifourwheelers.com
For Sale:
TJ Rear Dana 44 shaftsfor sale
3 11"& 2 13" BBCS shocks

JeepRocks86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-03-2006, 05:24 PM   #5
m1a convert

Is there a link for the Clayton kit? Who is TNT?
Unread 12-03-2006, 06:50 PM   #6
dirtgrip
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1a convert
Is there a link for the Clayton kit? Who is TNT?
http://www.claytonoffroad.com/
http://www.tntcustoms.com/webV4/default.asp You may have to go here for info on their new LA lift:http://www.colorado4x4.org/
Unread 12-03-2006, 09:30 PM   #7
mckaax

http://rustysoffroad.com/Merchant2/m...ode=sus_tj_kit
Midnight Blue 06 X, 5.5 Rusty's LONG ARM kit, JKS Quickers , AA-SYE/My shafts a Woody, 35" GoodYear Wrangler MT/R, 4.56 Gears, Rustys OTK Steering, Eagle Alloys Fake Bead lock 15x8, Lightbar W/ Lots of Lights, Rock Crawler SRC Rocker Guards, 48 in High-Lift. LOD Rear Bumper/Tire Carrier. BUILT BY ME!
Blue Jeep Club Member #227
mckaax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-04-2006, 02:47 PM   #8
Scorpion

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtgrip
Not anymore! The website has been updated and info is now available regarding the kit. http://www.tntcustoms.com/webv5/tjylinksystem.asp

With that said, there are a few more updates that aren't on the website (new info as of today) that you may want to be aware of:
  • The Late Model TJ kit has been completed and is now also available effective 12-11-2006.
  • A last minute design revision added two more benefits: (1) Removeable skid plate without having to touch the suspension to make any necessary maintainence. The previous version had the front control arms integrated into the skid. (2) Less complicated install. The new design makes accessing all of the bolts a snap.
  • We have not yet confirmed that the final version works with the Rubicon model. We will update the site as soon as we can confirm it's good to go.
Scorpion is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-04-2006, 07:22 PM   #9
m1a convert

I am sure all the kits are good. Which articulates the best?

Krawlers kit is the first kit I have seen to give a RTI score. They also have a tech section on the site that makes a lot of sense on why theres is the best. I don't mean sale lit. but actual pro/con on 3 link vs 4 link etc.

Most of the other kits seem to say "We have a long arm kit with 3 link in the back" and leave it at that. So, what design elements will give us the best flex.
Unread 12-07-2006, 08:28 PM   #10
Sahara01
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1a convert
I am sure all the kits are good. Which articulates the best?

Krawlers kit is the first kit I have seen to give a RTI score. They also have a tech section on the site that makes a lot of sense on why theres is the best. I don't mean sale lit. but actual pro/con on 3 link vs 4 link etc.

Most of the other kits seem to say "We have a long arm kit with 3 link in the back" and leave it at that. So, what design elements will give us the best flex.
RK uses a 20 degree ramp. Most rti's are done on a 30 degree ramp, so it's a little misleading, but having wheeled with quite a few guy's running the 5.5 X-factor long arm kit, it flex's like nothing else I've seen....once my rigs out on the trail I will have plenty of pic's to post to show the flex....and why I use limiting straps....
sponsored by
www.rockkrawler.com, GOODYEAR TIRES, http://www.browndogoffroad.com/ , Solid Axle Industries, Genright,
Unread 12-08-2006, 07:21 AM   #11
RockYacht

Matt fohgot one key oint to the new M.A.S.S. (Modular Advanced Suspension System) kits. The transmission has it's own independent crossmember. The belly skid can be removed with common hand tools at any time without supporting the trans/tcase.

Benifts?
1)High clearance front control arms
2) Dual triangulated rear suspension. (Check the suspension induced rear steer in the following pics)
3) Full rear axle truss (weld on, no bolt on bracket assy that is called a truss)
4) Removeable skid, without having to support the tranny/tcase
5) All mounting points are frenched (tucked into the mounting system)

Flex?

Here's a Clayton's stretch kit:

Here's our M.A.S.S. IV Y-Link. BTW it's on a YJ...

TJ went 80" up the ramp, YJ 91" That's a 30* ramp.
RockYacht is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-08-2006, 12:08 PM   #12
Dozer.
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahara01
RK uses a 20 degree ramp. Most rti's are done on a 30 degree ramp, so it's a little misleading, but having wheeled with quite a few guy's running the 5.5 X-factor long arm kit, it flex's like nothing else I've seen....once my rigs out on the trail I will have plenty of pic's to post to show the flex....and why I use limiting straps....
Yeah... if that thing every gets back out on a trail
Unread 12-08-2006, 12:13 PM   #13
Sahara01
2003 TJ Wrangler 

^^^^^^^^^^^ Dozer.....
sponsored by
Unread 12-08-2006, 12:26 PM   #14
neZZr
Lifted/Locked/Rolled/Sunk

2005 TJ Wrangler 

I think pure articulation is overrated. If I had $4k to spend on my suspension, it would be a stretched Clayton setup... there isn't really anything tougher on the market.

I also like the Nth stretch kit... which is a tad higher at $4500, but it does include the tank and such. I've heard no complaints about the strength of the kit (ask Dozer) and the ground clearance is fantastic.

I'll be Savvy someday!
neZZr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2006, 09:03 PM   #15
m1a convert

Does anyone have pics of the extended wheelbase lifts?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.