Best Adj Upper front arms for setup -
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Best Adj Upper front arms for setup

6th annual beat your wife to the credit cards sale!!Get ready!! CyberMonday deals are coming!!!Last few hours of great savings

Unread 05-31-2015, 11:50 PM   #1
2002 TJ Wrangler 
Best Adj Upper front arms for setup

I am in the process of installing the currie front upper control arm mount on my axle and was looking into doing adjustable upper arms as well. Now the currie mount kit has JJ's for the front control arm mounts and all I can seem to find in adj upper arms are ones with JJ's in the rear of the arm. I was under the impression that JJ's on both ends up front was 'undesirable'. FWIW, the lower arms are JJ front and rear as well.

I just replaced the lower mounts with the Artec mounts, checked twice and they are aligned per instructions. The axle has had work done on it by the PO, pass side lower mount was redone (tore off on me) and the knuckle has signs of being rewelded as well. When I install the Currie upper pass mount per instructions, it comes up roughly 1/4" short for the arm to align. The upper mount and arm were bent.

So, I can either strip the axle down and start over with all new mounts,(best) or use adj uppers to get the arms to fit, (budget)

Mousejockey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-01-2015, 12:10 AM   #2
2005 LJ Wrangler 
The front control arms have joints at the rear only.
The johnny joint housing kit on the axle, Is the other joint.

For arms look Into currie, savvy, Clayton, rokmen, and metal cloak.
glfwda #6624
2005 rubicon sahara lj #592
joe_jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.