Best 4" Lift Kit for the money - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Best 4" Lift Kit for the money

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 04-15-2006, 05:40 AM   #1
hoyttrucks

Best 4" Lift Kit for the money

I am looking to lift my 97 four inches or so (to fit 33" s I already have) and there are so many kits out there I don't know what to get. I drive it mostly just around town, I want to be able to go places, not rock crawling, just trails with my friends. I would like one that's just a bolt on kit. And money is kind of an issue I have around 900 to spend. Thanks guys!

hoyttrucks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-15-2006, 05:59 AM   #2
BigPeters

Rubicon Express 3.5" (you will get about 4-4.5" from this lift) call DC4WD for very good pricing.....hes a vendor on here
[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Gun Metal Blue Jeep Member #25[/COLOR]
BigPeters is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-15-2006, 06:00 AM   #3
JeepJohnson
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Their are a lot of companies that make good kits, but remember when you go up above 3" it really starts to rack up the $$$$ quickly. What engine and tranny do you have? What gears? You can fit 33's with a 3" suspension lift, BDS makes a good one with the best warranty, Full Traction also makes a good 3" kit, Rubicon express makes a good 3.5", just remember that RE kits are usually about 1" higher than they are rated.
Low Output 2.5L Member #39
Quote:
Originally Posted by phaldor View Post
The top is a Barkertop...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capeman29 View Post
OH WOW, it electrically smashes all the fabric and windows together and looks like a big burnt marshmallow hangin off the back of your rig!!!!
JeepJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-15-2006, 09:02 AM   #4
TheDiabetic

Well, I am gonna hijack his thread kinda.. I have a 2002 with 3.73 gears... I am gonna get the RE 3.5 lift, will I need to buy anything else? Thanks
TheDiabetic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-15-2006, 09:28 AM   #5
Wheelin98TJ
JEEP FREAK

1998 TJ Wrangler 

JeepJohnson made a good point... at around 4" is where needing a SYE is pretty likely which will add ~ $500 to the total cost.

If you want 4" of lift and you're on a budget, stick with a 3" suspension + a 1" BL.
Wheelin98TJ is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-15-2006, 09:29 AM   #6
MCanavan

I say go with OME lift and 1" BL.
MCanavan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-15-2006, 11:26 AM   #7
jkoffroadin
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCanavan
I say go with OME lift and 1" BL.
x2 -
Unread 04-15-2006, 01:31 PM   #8
inflames66

check out the ft 3" kit on 4x4groupbuy.com good price(449.) and good basic kit that come with the adj front tb.will give about 3.5 actual lift after settling a bit,throw on a 1"bl and your good to go without as much hassle as you'd go through with a 4" suspension lift.
inflames66 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-15-2006, 01:43 PM   #9
dirt rider

I'm very, very happy with my Full Traction 4" lift. I purchased it through Summit Racing (no shipping charges) and it came to my door for just over $900 and included a dropped pitman arm, adjustable track bar, quick disconnects, and shocks. These last items are generally optional on other kits.

For a short arm kit, is has excellent flex!

[U]2003 TJ[/U]: Full Traction 4" lift, 33" BFG Mud Terrains on 8" Atlas wheels, Russel braided brake lines, Tom Woods SYE and driveshaft, ATK winch bumper,VIAIR 450 onboard air, PIAA driving lights, Poison Spyder Rocker Knockers, full Skid Row skid plates, AEM intake w/throttle body spacer, Optima battery, full recovery gear, Sony Xplod stereo, Cobra CB, etc...
[U]1997 ZJ Grand Cherokee[/U]: Rubicon Express lift, 31" BFG All Terrains, K&N FIPK, etc...
[U]2001 Dodge Cummins[/U]: Work Horse!! [COLOR="Red"]SOLD[/COLOR]
[U]1970 Dodge Challenger[/U]: Roller cammed small block, 4-speed, modern suspension, killer stereo, etc....
dirt rider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-15-2006, 02:46 PM   #10
inflames66

[QUOTE=dirt rider]I'm very, very happy with my Full Traction 4" lift. I purchased it through Summit Racing (no shipping charges) and it came to my door for just over $900 and included a dropped pitman arm, adjustable track bar, quick disconnects, and shocks. These last items are generally optional on other kits.

For a short arm kit, is has excellent flex!

curious,our you just running the ft 4" flex kit or the ultimate 4" ?
inflames66 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-15-2006, 05:19 PM   #11
hoyttrucks

Thanks for all of the input! I have the four banger, five speed manual, and I believe stock gears. I was looking at the superlift lift kit because of it's price. Anyone using this or heard anything about it? Thanks again!
Unread 04-15-2006, 05:27 PM   #12
ocezam

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoyttrucks
Thanks for all of the input! I have the four banger, five speed manual, and I believe stock gears. I was looking at the superlift lift kit because of it's price. Anyone using this or heard anything about it? Thanks again!
If price is a consideration, strongly consider the Full Traction 3" and a 1" BL or spacers.

The 3" Full Traction is a very complete kit, and at $450 I don't think you can beat it. Does the Superlift have discos and adjustable front track bar?
Unread 04-15-2006, 05:57 PM   #13
Polaris

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt rider
I'm very, very happy with my Full Traction 4" lift. I purchased it through Summit Racing (no shipping charges) and it came to my door for just over $900 and included a dropped pitman arm, adjustable track bar, quick disconnects, and shocks. These last items are generally optional on other kits.
I hope you didn't install that DPA
ORIGINAL Black Jeep Club Member #34

ThePointbreak.org | Mods and Wheeling pics
Polaris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-15-2006, 06:59 PM   #14
hoyttrucks

what shocks would you get with that 3 inch full traction kit? That is a better deal for the money than the superlift kit. They have the shocks in the catalog for the 4 inch short arm kit only. Thanks again guys!
Unread 04-15-2006, 08:00 PM   #15
dirt rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by inflames66
running the ft 4" flex kit or the ultimate 4" ?
I am running the flex kit as I didn't have enough money to upgrade to the ultimate at the time.

In a few minutes I'm heading out to the shop to finish lifting my brothers 98. He went with the Ultimate kit and Pro Comp MX6 shocks. The front is completely done and the rear is close. The Ultimate kit has very impressive components and is definately worth the extra coin.
[U]2003 TJ[/U]: Full Traction 4" lift, 33" BFG Mud Terrains on 8" Atlas wheels, Russel braided brake lines, Tom Woods SYE and driveshaft, ATK winch bumper,VIAIR 450 onboard air, PIAA driving lights, Poison Spyder Rocker Knockers, full Skid Row skid plates, AEM intake w/throttle body spacer, Optima battery, full recovery gear, Sony Xplod stereo, Cobra CB, etc...
[U]1997 ZJ Grand Cherokee[/U]: Rubicon Express lift, 31" BFG All Terrains, K&N FIPK, etc...
[U]2001 Dodge Cummins[/U]: Work Horse!! [COLOR="Red"]SOLD[/COLOR]
[U]1970 Dodge Challenger[/U]: Roller cammed small block, 4-speed, modern suspension, killer stereo, etc....
dirt rider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.