Best 4" Lift to fit 33" tires - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Best 4" Lift to fit 33" tires

Huge Soft top SaleSYE Kits from CCOR! 706-207-4140SALE PRICING, Specials, Huge Savings Alloy USA and Posi-Lo

Unread 09-20-2010, 01:03 AM   #16
ckarmis
1998 TJ Wrangler 

kyledogg88 - Nice jeep. And Go Gators!

BTW, I was hoping to find a set of those Dick Cepek DC1 wheels in all silver but apparently they don't make them anymore (just the silver and black ones that I don't care for). Let me know if you found them online somewhere recently. I'd like to trade out the black wheels I just purchased for a set of those.

ckarmis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-20-2010, 08:39 AM   #17
kyledogg88
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks man and those wheels are hard to find but good luck in your search
kyledogg88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-20-2010, 09:05 AM   #18
epeck87
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelheader View Post
WTF dude? It looks awesome! Too off-road AGGRESSIVE? WTF is that? It's a Jeep for Chrissakes! What r u looking for, a mall crawler? Sell it to someone that will use it for what it's made for...WHEELIN!!! :
this is exactly what i was thinking haha. now to the op... wait it out a while and let the suspension settle. it will break in and the springs will sag a little over time. they are brand new now and it might sit an inch lower in a few months.
Unread 09-21-2010, 11:18 PM   #19
ckarmis
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Can I just change the springs to the 3.5" ones you mention or even a set of 3" springs, without causing an issue using the fixed pro comp control arms that came with the 4" lift? Or would that push the wheels to far out? Anybody?
Unread 09-22-2010, 12:06 AM   #20
drewtj05
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckarmis View Post
Can I just change the springs to the 3.5" ones you mention or even a set of 3" springs, without causing an issue using the fixed pro comp control arms that came with the 4" lift? Or would that push the wheels to far out? Anybody?
What is the length of the ProComp control arms? If they are 16" you should be fine with 3" springs. As far as the shocks measure those too and check if the collapsed and extended length will cause problems.
drewtj05 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-22-2010, 12:26 AM   #21
ckarmis
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the response. This is the one I had installed:

4" Stage I Suspension System by Pro Comp and Other Jeep Parts and Jeep Accessories by 4 Wheel Drive Hardware-RH3

Any idea how I can measure the control arms? Couldn't find the length in the product info. Maybe I can see if I can measure it under the jeep somehow.

Any particular springs you think would be best to consider for replacement? I would think something in the 2.5" to 3" range would be ideally what I'm looking for.

Also, since the MX6 shocks come with pro comp's 2" lift, I assume I won't have any problems making those work.

Thanks.
Unread 09-22-2010, 12:43 AM   #22
drewtj05
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckarmis View Post
Thanks for the response. This is the one I had installed:

4" Stage I Suspension System by Pro Comp and Other Jeep Parts and Jeep Accessories by 4 Wheel Drive Hardware-RH3

Any idea how I can measure the control arms? Couldn't find the length in the product info. Maybe I can see if I can measure it under the jeep somehow.

Any particular springs you think would be best to consider for replacement? I would think something in the 2.5" to 3" range would be ideally what I'm looking for.

Also, since the MX6 shocks come with pro comp's 2" lift, I assume I won't have any problems making those work.

Thanks.
I'm not sure if it's eye lit to eye lit on the control arms but I'm almost positive they should be 16" long. To be on the safe side you could always give ProComp a call and ask what the length on the control arms are.

The shocks can vary in lengths the 2" kit may be shorter than those that come with the 4" kit. They are probably 14-15" Collapsed which will work good on 4" but with shorter lift you will bottom out. I just asked MUDB8 about this and he said that the rear shocks would have to relocate the rear shocks. Check out the AEV shock shifters if they are too long and if you want to keep the MX6.
Unread 09-22-2010, 03:46 PM   #23
TheDragonfly
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Ive still got my old pro comp arms from the 4" kit in my garage. Theyre 16" eye to eye, which would be okay for 3". But The shock lengths you have may be too long for a lower lift.
TheDragonfly is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-22-2010, 08:53 PM   #24
Elwood
2006 LJ Wrangler 

YOu could install a set of AEV 3" springs to lower an inch and the ride is excellent.
Unread 09-23-2010, 12:37 PM   #25
drewtj05
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Since TheDragonfly has measured them and they are 16" stick with the LCAs but the shocks I would recommend replacing. Since they are new you could always sell them and get another set of MX6 or check out the Rancho 9000XLs which I am also planning on getting.

As far as springs I would shop around. AEV springs are some of the best but they are a bit pricey. $360 for just coils. Check out BDS 3" springs about 250 plus 10% off. give jason @ BDS he is very helpful.
Unread 09-23-2010, 02:02 PM   #26
HHI-Dave
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelheader View Post
WTF dude? It looks awesome! Too off-road AGGRESSIVE? WTF is that? It's a Jeep for Chrissakes! What r u looking for, a mall crawler? Sell it to someone that will use it for what it's made for...WHEELIN!!! :
Well, I was going to be a little more diplomatic but...yeah, what he said.

Seriously, I think it looks great. I'm planning to go from the street oriented 35" tires that came on my TJ to a more off-road capable 33" tire. I only hope mine looks as good as yours when I do.
Unread 08-12-2011, 12:45 PM   #27
hunterboy2121
1999 TJ Wrangler 

TOO MUCH !!!! just sell the jeep to somebody and go buy a honda

JK even though i dont see why you think its too tall, my suggestion is for you to armor it up. if you add a good 500lbs of bumpers winch skid plates and what not it will sag wanderfully
hunterboy2121 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-12-2011, 12:52 PM   #28
stwilson74

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Paint the flares, it will look much better and the black wheels will match better without the faded flares in the picture.
"Betsy" 2005 Unlimited Rubicon Sahara Edition #603 of 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necromancer_tat View Post
I like having my panties in a wad though, because when I get DW they rub me in just the right way! :D Wadded panties plus DW equals Jeepgasm! :D :kiss:
stwilson74 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
33 , lift , pro comp , tires

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.