Best 4.0 Tuner Programmer - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Best 4.0 Tuner Programmer

ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete Cess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD15 x 8 Black D-Window Steel Wheels Set of 4

Unread 01-11-2011, 07:43 AM   #16
Unlimited04
This post/info=my opinion

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukesdiesel View Post
Hows the Unichip?
it allows a dyno shop to adjust fuel and timing maps. but other than that, not much difference. I have a Unichip-Q installed, and the only difference i've noticed is you need to run 91/93 octane, and it still trips a misfire code and casuses timing to massively retard in open loop above 3000 RPM...losing all power. I have the wrong program installed....but the chip has an on/off switch on it

Unlimited04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2011, 08:21 AM   #17
Pillswoj
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepnBlake View Post
I'm looking for some info on programmers for my 04.

A new cam and a few other performance mods (stroker) are likely for the future so I would like to have a plan to keep the AFR in spec for when the time comes.

I've seen hypertec and superchips etc, are they any good? I've heard good things about the split second tuner as well.

All opinions welcome
Quote:
Originally Posted by freeskier93 View Post
No, the OP asked about tuner chips, I gave my opinion. Most plug in chips are a load of crap, but as Unlimited04 there are some real chips that are good, but require dyno tuning.

Specifically the OP gave the name "Superchip" which is one of those crappy one that don't do anything.
I guess reading comprehension is not a strong suit for you
Unread 01-11-2011, 08:25 AM   #18
freeskier93
Web Wheeler

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

A new cam and a few other performance mods (stroker) are likely for the future so I would like to have a plan to keep the AFR in spec for when the time comes.

I've seen hypertec and superchips etc, are they any good? I've heard good things about the split second tuner as well.

All opinions welcome
This is the question I was answering. The before part isn't even a question, just a statement.
freeskier93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2011, 12:48 PM   #19
Phreaq
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

All opinions welcome
Quote:
Chips, cold air intake, throttle body spacers, all just a waste of money
Quote:
No, the OP asked about tuner chips, I gave my opinion. Most plug in chips are a load of crap, but as Unlimited04 there are some real chips that are good, but require dyno tuning.

Specifically the OP gave the name "Superchip" which is one of those crappy one that don't do anything.
The only thing I see is a slight contradiction between all or some chip. The OP said "programmers" indicating more then a chip.
Now we can stop flaming and get back to what "chips/programmers" are good and what "chips" are crap.

IMO: If you can't "tune" with it I don't want it.
Pre-tuned chips assume stock engine or with bare min. intake and exhaust flow increase. At that point tuning is not needed unless you have MAF sensor you need to "trick" due to increase air flow.
Hypertech is a programmer, but I'm not sure what all it will let you tune and how much.
I have seen the Diablo tuner on a Mustang and It had some injector tuning. I don't recall what else it did.

Facebook had this thread posted, I did not realize it had been dead most of the year.
Phreaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2011, 12:52 PM   #20
freeskier93
Web Wheeler

1997 TJ Wrangler 

About 11 months late.

Edit: refer to my last post.

CU Boulder Aerospace Engineering
freeskier93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2011, 03:06 PM   #21
JeepnBlake
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I already decided if my 4.0 dies within the next 3 years its getting stroked.

Here is a link to some electrical stuff that will actually do you some good:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/pr...troker-923497/

If it dies in more than 3 years it's getting a Hemi.

Build Thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/j...thread-985907/
Dad's Build Thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/d...build-1474170/
OEM Fog Light Connectors, Conversions, and Extension Info:http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f20/o...ngler-1008928/
JeepnBlake is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2011, 03:31 PM   #22
GOLENJEEPTJ
Running Secretly Amok!

2002 TJ Wrangler 

If you decide to stroke it,then follow through with like the Unichip to dial it an and gain it's peak HP.
GOLENJEEPTJ is online now   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.