bent tailgate repair?? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > bent tailgate repair??

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsWant to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under

Unread 08-11-2010, 12:52 PM   #1
weidmaier
2004 TJ Wrangler 

bent tailgate repair??

the other day while attempting to yank a friend out of the mud i managed to back up into a tree and bend the tailgate to the point that it wont open. what would be a rough cost at a body shop to fix this? or am i better off getting a replacement one and putting some kind of body armor on it so i dont need to paint it?

weidmaier is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-11-2010, 12:55 PM   #2
phillies4752
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

I would go to a junk yard and try and find one there
phillies4752 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-11-2010, 12:59 PM   #3
kaybone
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I did exactly that a couple of winter's ago when I hit a patch of ice then boinked against a tree skidding backwards. What I did was a I found a very good tailgate at a junkyard that had jeep parts for $50.00. Then I took it to my favorite body and paint shop an they painted it to match and replaced it onto my Jeep for $380.00. It turned out real nice. Later I had the same body shop paint a pair of new replacement fenders that I bought from Daveys Jeeps and
they painted the pair for about $400.00. Maybe that gives you an idea.
Gun Metal Blue Jeep Club Member #99
kaybone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-11-2010, 05:00 PM   #4
pwcracer
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I bashed mine in wheeling a couple of weeks ago.. Luckily we have a frame machine, but there currently is a car on it.. What I am going to try is a port-a-power ram to try and get it so it will open once again..
pwcracer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
tailgate , repair

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.