bent tailgate repair?? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > bent tailgate repair??

15 x 8 Black D-Window Steel Wheels Set of 4Magnaflow SS Cat Back Exhaust System, Street, High ClearanRCV Heavy Duty Axle Shafts Now Shipping at Baseline4x4.com

Unread 08-11-2010, 11:52 AM   #1
weidmaier
2004 TJ Wrangler 

bent tailgate repair??

the other day while attempting to yank a friend out of the mud i managed to back up into a tree and bend the tailgate to the point that it wont open. what would be a rough cost at a body shop to fix this? or am i better off getting a replacement one and putting some kind of body armor on it so i dont need to paint it?

weidmaier is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2010, 11:55 AM   #2
phillies4752
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

I would go to a junk yard and try and find one there
phillies4752 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2010, 11:59 AM   #3
kaybone
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I did exactly that a couple of winter's ago when I hit a patch of ice then boinked against a tree skidding backwards. What I did was a I found a very good tailgate at a junkyard that had jeep parts for $50.00. Then I took it to my favorite body and paint shop an they painted it to match and replaced it onto my Jeep for $380.00. It turned out real nice. Later I had the same body shop paint a pair of new replacement fenders that I bought from Daveys Jeeps and
they painted the pair for about $400.00. Maybe that gives you an idea.
Gun Metal Blue Jeep Club Member #99
kaybone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2010, 04:00 PM   #4
pwcracer
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I bashed mine in wheeling a couple of weeks ago.. Luckily we have a frame machine, but there currently is a car on it.. What I am going to try is a port-a-power ram to try and get it so it will open once again..
pwcracer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tailgate , repair

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.