Bedlining the Tub Rim - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Bedlining the Tub Rim

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Building a Bumper?Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 08-09-2004, 01:25 PM   #1
utahpowderskier

Bedlining the Tub Rim

I recently took the top off my TJ for the first time. I bought it used in good condition, but noticed when the top came off that the ring around the tub where the hardtop sits has been slightly scratched, in some areas even through the paint. Not a problem with the hardtop on as they are completely concealed. However, with the top off they are exposed to the elements and I dont want them to go rusty on me. Down the road Ill probably herculine the whole tub, but I dont want to do that now.

I was thinking that it may be a good idea use a spray on bedliner on the tub rim exending out only where the hardtop will cover it when its on. I've got some weather stripping on my hardtop bottom so I don't think that leaking would be a problem. The bedliner seems like it would hold up a little better to hardtop swaps with this, plus cosmetically, it may look pretty good (nice black rim around the top of the tub). Any thoughts?

utahpowderskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2004, 03:28 PM   #2
utahpowderskier

Anybody?

No suggestions? Anybody?
utahpowderskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2004, 03:49 PM   #3
lostwire

Here's a pair of pics of my Jeep after some Line-X. I only use a soft-top so I can't say for sure if you'll run into fit problems with a hard-top.

[SIZE=1][b]2000 Black TJ Sahara[/b] (manual) - R.E. 4.5 Super-Flex, 35" MT/R's, 15x8 AR767's, Ford 8.8, Dana 30, 4.88s, Eaton E-Locker, Lock Rite, Crane Covers, Nth Degree Shock Shifters, Bilstein 5150's, Atlas 4.3:1, Tom Woods shafts, Skid Row Engine/Oil Pan Plate, Kilby Tank Skid, AtoZ Fab 6-point Cage - Bumper/Tire Carrier - Stinger - Rockers, Line-X'd Interior, Flowmaster Fast Cat & a 40, Cobra 75WXST CB.[/SIZE]
lostwire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2004, 03:53 PM   #4
abstractjeep

i did the roll on herculiner on mine and ran it all around the edge like is in lostwire's pics. i've had no problems with scratches, as i am dragging stuff across it and i don't have any problems with my soft top. i'd say go for it!!
abstractjeep is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.