BDS suspensions - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > BDS suspensions

Dual Color LED Light Bars White/AmberFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15”/16″ Big Brake Kit w/Bla

Unread 10-04-2008, 09:12 AM   #1
Tim70
2004 TJ Wrangler 

BDS suspensions

What is the overall opinion of the BDS lift kits?

Looking at going with a 4" SA kit, and one of the local shops sells and installs BDS kits.

Unread 10-04-2008, 10:10 AM   #2
wdw
2010 JK Wrangler 

I have a 2 inch BDS lift. I am one of very few that would not recommend one. No body in my Jeep club will run one with the problem I had with them. There technical department lied to me, and could not keep there story straight.

I am not happy with it and will never own another BDS product.
Unread 10-04-2008, 10:37 AM   #3
ASUsax
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdw View Post
I have a 2 inch BDS lift. I am one of very few that would not recommend one. No body in my Jeep club will run one with the problem I had with them. There technical department lied to me, and could not keep there story straight.

On the other hand, my BDS 2" lift rocks.

I didn't call their technical department, though.

I don't see how you could possibly have a problem with their lift. It's not that complicated.
Blue Jeep Club Member #197
'02 TJ - 33" BFG MT's's, some armor, yadda yadda. 2" BDS lift/1"BL
'94 ZJ - May it rest in pieces.
ASUsax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2008, 12:44 PM   #4
IslandTJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Location: where I wheel: N 45º 36.663' W 123º 20.935', Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASUsax View Post

On the other hand, my BDS 2" lift rocks.

I didn't call their technical department, though.

I don't see how you could possibly have a problem with their lift. It's not that complicated.
x2 my 2" BDS lift is awesome! I would definitely buy again! Simple lift and installation. The 5500 shocks mirror a stock (if not better) ride.
1998 TJ Moss [COLOR=darkgreen][B][SIZE=3]Green[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR] Sahara w/ numerous scratches & dents whose playground is on a tropical island that's 33 miles long and 4-12 miles wide, in year-round 82 degree weather.

[Edit] "Now jeepin in Oregon" [/Edit]
IslandTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2008, 01:02 PM   #5
ImaginaryFriend
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

So what's your story? Or provide a link if you've already said your piece in another thread.

I love my 2" BDS lift. It gave a better ride than stock IMHO. Certainly better than the REBB I first put on the Jeep.
ImaginaryFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2008, 02:01 PM   #6
bombero590
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Love My BDS Lift !!!!!!!

I can agree more with the others...I have a 3 inch BDS with the control arms and a 1 inch boost...It runs like a champ....I even called them to ask for some extra stickers and they sent them to me no questions asked...There suspensions flex like you cant believe...Besideds they have a lifetime replacement policy no questions asked....Cant ask for anything better than that...
I cant understand why someone would go to the steps to post there dislike for a product and it's tech's and not explain the exact reason for there dislikes...It leaves the rest of us scratching our heads asking why?????

Like I said before and the majority I believe speaks for it self go with the BDS lift...I am sure you will be pleased...Here are some pics to show you the flex...

bombero590 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2008, 03:38 PM   #7
Kiwi_TJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

BDS Rocks!

I have just installed a set of 2" BDS Springs along with Bilstein 5100 shocks, and love the ride.

I prefer the higher rate springs to the OME springs as they do not compress as much when you load the Jeep up with gear for a weekend away. I did need to add an OME track bar relocation bracket to centre the rear axle over, but other than that I would recommend this kit

I have only been off road once since installing it, and found it great, I hit the bump stops less than I did with my stock suspension - even though I lowered them to suit my new shocks, and the BDS kit seems to soak up the bumps nicely.
Kiwi_TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2008, 05:33 PM   #8
Tim70
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombero590 View Post
I can agree more with the others...I have a 3 inch BDS with the control arms and a 1 inch boost...It runs like a champ....I even called them to ask for some extra stickers and they sent them to me no questions asked...There suspensions flex like you cant believe...Besideds they have a lifetime replacement policy no questions asked....Cant ask for anything better than that...
I cant understand why someone would go to the steps to post there dislike for a product and it's tech's and not explain the exact reason for there dislikes...It leaves the rest of us scratching our heads asking why?????

Like I said before and the majority I believe speaks for it self go with the BDS lift...I am sure you will be pleased...Here are some pics to show you the flex...

Did you get the kit with the control arms, or are you running the stock control arms?

How much did you pay?

The biggest reason that I ask is because none of the major catalog dealers sell them, so I havn't heard anything about them.

Last edited by Tim70; 10-04-2008 at 05:34 PM.. Reason: More questions
Tim70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2008, 05:36 PM   #9
Thunderstrike
Web Wheeler

2009 JK Wrangler 

Don't get BDS shocks. They were too soft and bouncy for me; did not have the firm and controlled ride feel the OEM shocks gave me. I took them off and installed Bilsteins which feels firm like OEM but softer when hitting rocks and bumps.

BDS would not give me a return authorization for the shocks. Ended up selling a week old 4 shocks for $125.
Auto, Power, Remote Start, Towing Package, MyGig Navigation with Lockpick, Rear View Camera, B&M 70268 Transmission Cooler, Aeroforce Interceptor, Valentine 1, Tub Sound-Deadened with Raamat and Ensolite, Hard Top Heat Insulated with 1/2" Styrofoam Insulation, Bilstein Shocks Front & Rear, PIAA Dual Horns, IPF 920H4 Headlights.
Protection: Skid Row Engine Skid, Lower Control Arm skid & Evaporator Skid; Rock Hard Gas Tank Skid; Warn Stainless Steel Differential Skid Front & Rear.
Recovery Gear: Warn 9.5Ti Winch, 11,000# Pull-Pal.
Communication: Uniden 520XL CB, Diesel External Speaker, 3' FireStik Whip.
Shrockworks Mid-width Front Bumper with Warn 9.5Ti Winch -- Ordered 7/17/2009; Bumper Received 12/4/2009.
1" Coil Spacer Front & 1/2" Coil Spacer Rear restored OEM Rake.
4x4 Trips:
Moab - 4/2006, 5/2008, 4/2009, 5/2011, 4/2013
Ouray - 8/2007
Rubicon - 9/2008
Gone, but not forgotten: 2004 TJ, 1999 Audi A4, 1992 VW Jetta GL 5 Speed

Last edited by Thunderstrike; 10-04-2008 at 07:15 PM..
Thunderstrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2008, 06:45 PM   #10
wdw
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by symbiont7 View Post
So what's your story? Or provide a link if you've already said your piece in another thread.

I love my 2" BDS lift. It gave a better ride than stock IMHO. Certainly better than the REBB I first put on the Jeep.
Well symbioot7, he asked, I answered.
Unread 10-04-2008, 06:54 PM   #11
ImaginaryFriend
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Well symbioot7, he asked, I answered.
I get that.

What I would like to hear is the story of your problems/issues with BDS. Or if you've already posted about it, I would like a link to the thread so I can read it. Basically, what did the BDS tech guys lie about? Is that the only issue? Is the product ok in your eyes and it's the tech dept. that you dislike? Or both? If both, what about the lift do you dislike?

I like to read the good and bad about products.
ImaginaryFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2008, 07:04 PM   #12
heyitsme
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombero590 View Post

sorry hijack, but were you locked in those pictures?
Unread 10-04-2008, 07:05 PM   #13
ktaylor448
2001 TJ Wrangler 

bds kicks ***
KTM RACING #448

USN Jeep Club Hull #149
ktaylor448 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2008, 09:50 AM   #14
bombero590
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I was Locked????explain????
bombero590 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2008, 11:05 AM   #15
newbs
Jeepaholic
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Have used plenty of BDS stuff and love all that I have used so far, performs great for myself and my girlfriend!
newbs is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.