BDS 2" lift true yield... - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > BDS 2" lift true yield...

Advance Adapters SYE KitsARTEC JK UNDER ARMOR - 4 door Bellypan Kits~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 06-20-2010, 10:29 PM   #16
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloLearner View Post
r all spacers pretty much created equal? i was wanting to throw in a .75" or 1" spacer up front too? and where did u get ur lift? locally or a good price on the internet out there?
Yeah, they're pretty much all the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed_phreak View Post
Thanks for your help 2006sport!

Yea, but do you have a 4 speed auto with a dana 44? That seems to be a deadly vibe combo in the research I have done here... But I do appreciate your help.
No problem man, glad I could help.

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
There are no women on the internet either. Learn that. It's a fact.
-Zach
2006_Sport is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-20-2010, 11:17 PM   #17
IslandTJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Location: where I wheel: N 45║ 36.663' W 123║ 20.935', Oregon
FWIW, I run the 2" BDS lift and I am very satisfied with my lift's performance both on and off road .
1998 TJ Moss [COLOR=darkgreen][B][SIZE=3]Green[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR] Sahara w/ numerous scratches & dents whose playground is on a tropical island that's 33 miles long and 4-12 miles wide, in year-round 82 degree weather.

[Edit] "Now jeepin in Oregon" [/Edit]
IslandTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-24-2010, 11:12 AM   #18
danielbuck
2006 TJ Wrangler 

2" BDS went on mine today, it rides just like factory, and possibly takes big bumps even better! I don't know if I can do a direct comparison though, since tires went on at the same time. That might be part of the big-bumps difference I'm noticing, since there's more tire there. But it's surely no worse than stock ride quality. I don't know how to measure the true lift either, again since tires went on at the same time. I like it, good buy!
Unread 07-28-2010, 02:02 AM   #19
Kiwi_TJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

2" BDS Flex!

Here is my Jeep with the 2" BDS Kit Installed on the ramp! I love the way it rides, great kit.
img_4944.jpg  
Kiwi_TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2010, 12:23 PM   #20
Fargo
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I had a bit different of an experience than everyone else here. I put the BDS springs on my Rubicon LJ and I only gained about 1.5" up front and 2" in the rear. Now I'm not sure if thats because I have a LJ or a Rubicon or if I just got a bad set. You can read my review here http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/my...-info-1059480/

Since I got the BDS springs and Rancho shocks I can't comment on the BDS 'kit'. But my setup is a bit stiffer than stock. It worked great off road this past week when I was loaded down in Colorado, but sometimes, when I'm empty, I feel it is a bit stiff for my taste. But I can't tell you if that's because of the springs or the shocks.

I was in contact with BDS about the height gain, but I decided to just drop it and keep what I have since the stance is pretty decent. I tend to think that my Rubi was sitting higher than others to begin with. So I wouldn't worry too much about not getting enough lift. But be aware that it has happened.
2005 Rubicon Unlimited Sahara Limited Edition #41
6spd manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
...there's very little that is more permanent than a temporary solution
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oman Jeep
Go with quality and cry once. Go cheap and cry often. Take your pick ;)
LJ Owners Group member #110
Fargo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2010, 02:59 PM   #21
kgginslc
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi_TJ View Post

Other parts well worth getting that I got was a OME rear track bar relcoation bracket. It attaches to the body mount end and lowers the mount and moves it inboard a bit, it centred my rear axle perfectly.

I thought it attached to the axle - no? I haven't installed mine yet because I read that someone said it would hit the tub, and I'd rather live with an offcenter axle than damaged body.
kgginslc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2010, 11:25 PM   #22
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

the 2 inch bds flexes naice

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
There are no women on the internet either. Learn that. It's a fact.
-Zach
2006_Sport is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-04-2010, 06:26 PM   #23
jbg1980
2001 TJ Wrangler 

With the 2" BDS lift is a transfercase drop required?
jbg1980 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-04-2010, 06:59 PM   #24
Kiwi_TJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I have a 1997 TJ sport with the 4.0 Litre engine and the AX-15 manual 5 speed gearbox, Dana 44 rear axle, and needed to use a 1" transfer case drop, I used an OME one that a friend had taken off. I had terrible vibes prior to that.

You might get away with not having one if you use a LOPRO transfer case mount.

With the OME rear track bar bracket, it bolts on to the frame, well, the one we get on our side of the world does anyway.

Hope that helps
Kiwi_TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-04-2010, 07:02 PM   #25
jbg1980
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Do you think using the LOPRO mount and the UCF no body lift skid would prevent me from having vibes? I thought there was converter interference with the LOPRO mount?
jbg1980 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
bds , lift kit , 2"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.