BDS 2" lift true yield... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > BDS 2" lift true yield...

Bill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 06-18-2010, 03:13 PM   #1
SloLearner
2006 TJ Wrangler 

BDS 2" lift true yield...

Im gonna b bitin' the bullet in the next month (hopefully) and gettin my tj off the ground. Pretty set on a 2" (or 2.5") SL along with a 1"BL and MML (just to avoid any possible vibes and be there for skids)...I like the reviews Ive seen on the BDS and the OME...

Just curious i saw a lot of people saying they yielded more than just 2" with the BDS kit...im just wondering if thays the general consensus or is that just the measurement b4 they were broken in...
Also if u have the 2" BDS kit is there anything else u later or shoulda purchased?

SloLearner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2010, 04:03 PM   #2
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I have an 06 TJ like you, soft top and the I6. I initially netted 3 inches when I first put it on. It has now settled to 2.25 inches. I'm very happy with it. Get the MML and drive the Jeep first to see if you have vibes, if you get them, throw on the MML. I still have vibes with the kit, and the MML . Combo of D44 and the auto makes the DS real short. You'll like the ride of the BDS, not to stiff, not too soft, reduced nose dive on heavy braking too.

Here are some pics, I'm running 31s. Gonna get a 1.25" body lift and run 33s. This was before I had the MML so I still have that stupid t case drop.

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
There are no women on the internet either. Learn that. It's a fact.
-Zach
2006_Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2010, 04:16 PM   #3
SloLearner
2006 TJ Wrangler 

so u still had vibes even with the mml with this lift? btw i noticed u have an adjustable rear trackbar...is that a want or need?

one last thing..(not to hijack my own thread) but did u paint ur headlight bezels urself? im curious if u did anything special or just paint them...if u have a link or a quick answer u can just pm me..thanks
Unread 06-18-2010, 04:24 PM   #4
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloLearner View Post
so u still had vibes even with the mml with this lift? btw i noticed u have an adjustable rear trackbar...is that a want or need?

one last thing..(not to hijack my own thread) but did u paint ur headlight bezels urself? im curious if u did anything special or just paint them...if u have a link or a quick answer u can just pm me..thanks
Idk why i still have vibes to be honest, if I take the MML off my vibes will be worse (actually, I don't know that because I haven't driven the jeep with the springs settled with out the MML yet, just dont feel like taking it out). They are tolerable for now as they are minor now. Regardless, When i come into money I'll be investing in an SYE and double cardan rear driveshaft. The adjustable track bar was want and need for me, my stock one got twisted up and I needed a new one, so I killed 2 birds with one stone.

My dad bought me those bezels from 4wd.com as a present to me for my Jeep. You can just paint them though, just scuff up the stock ones and paint em with some krylon fusion and bam, black bezels.

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
-Zach
Unread 06-18-2010, 04:32 PM   #5
Kiwi_TJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

2.5" True Lift

Hi There,

I put a 2" BDS lift on my 1997 TJ with the I6 engine and a soft top. I got 2.5" total lift from mine, I suspect it was a bit more than advertised as I only have a soft top.

Other parts well worth getting that I got was a OME rear track bar relcoation bracket. It attaches to the body mount end and lowers the mount and moves it inboard a bit, it centred my rear axle perfectly.

I have an AX-15 5 speed manual transmisson and found that I had to drop the transfercase by 1" to eliminate the vibes - no real biggie as it is still 1.5" higher than stock, and the jeep flexes heaps more than stock with the BDS kit.

I am looking at installing one of the Lopro transmisison mounts, they lower the transfer case closer to the skid plate, so I should be able to remove the transfercase drop, and get the ramp over angle back. Here is a link to the web site for them.

Under Cover Fabworks, LLC - UCF LOPRO Transmission Mount

Hope that helps - you will love the BDS kit
Kiwi_TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2010, 05:57 PM   #6
RubiOR
2006 LJ Wrangler 

After a couple of months settling in I got exactly 2" out of mine on the ragtop LJ.

Install details: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/big-yellow-brick-build-thread-600504/index2.html#post8800214
Unread 06-18-2010, 07:35 PM   #7
SloLearner
2006 TJ Wrangler 

thanks for the responses...im thinkin im set on the bds...anywhere in paticular to get the best deal anyone? and i guess im gonna pick up at least an adjustable rear track bar...or can i just do a relocation bracket and be cool for sure?
Unread 06-18-2010, 07:49 PM   #8
RubiOR
2006 LJ Wrangler 

My axles didn't move enough to worry about messing with the track bars. I'd suggest installing the lift by itself first. You can always replace the trackbar or add a bracket later if you need.

(After wheelin' it I later added 1" bumpstops up front to keep the 32" KM2s out of the fenders when disco'd.)
Unread 06-19-2010, 09:42 PM   #9
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Here's another pic for ya man. Flexes pretty well on stock arms IMO. Any word on if you bought it yet?

Quote:
-Zach
Unread 06-19-2010, 10:41 PM   #10
speed_phreak
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006sport View Post
I have an 06 TJ like you, soft top and the I6. I initially netted 3 inches when I first put it on. It has now settled to 2.25 inches. I'm very happy with it. Get the MML and drive the Jeep first to see if you have vibes, if you get them, throw on the MML. I still have vibes with the kit, and the MML . Combo of D44 and the auto makes the DS real short. You'll like the ride of the BDS, not to stiff, not too soft, reduced nose dive on heavy braking too.
I have a 05 TJ with the I6, 4 speed auto, d44 too (RME)... I have been debating either a BDS 2" or OME 2" kit. I am really concerned about the 4 speed auto, d44 combo and vibes... Sounds like our TJ's are similar...

QUESTIONS:

Are you saying installed a MML without a BL? If so, did this require any other relocation brackets or modifications?

You also did a TC drop in combination with the MML and you still have vibes? How much drop?

Yikes, I really want a 2" suspension lift, but not at the cost of vibrations or additional wear on my drive train.

Thanks!

BTW - your lift looks good with 31's that is exactly what i am looking for, but I want it vibe free!!!
speed_phreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2010, 08:42 AM   #11
SloLearner
2006 TJ Wrangler 

i haven't purchased it yet...im thinkin about gettin a set of Moabs and just lookin around to see if i can find a set for a decent price....i wont b pullin the trigger for a month or so...so depends if i find a deal on some moabs between now and then...if not ill do the lft.

Did u purchase ur kit locally or r there any good deals on the internet out there?
Unread 06-20-2010, 09:10 AM   #12
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed_phreak View Post
I have a 05 TJ with the I6, 4 speed auto, d44 too (RME)... I have been debating either a BDS 2" or OME 2" kit. I am really concerned about the 4 speed auto, d44 combo and vibes... Sounds like our TJ's are similar...

QUESTIONS:

Are you saying installed a MML without a BL? If so, did this require any other relocation brackets or modifications?

You also did a TC drop in combination with the MML and you still have vibes? How much drop?

Yikes, I really want a 2" suspension lift, but not at the cost of vibrations or additional wear on my drive train.

Thanks!

BTW - your lift looks good with 31's that is exactly what i am looking for, but I want it vibe free!!!
Every Jeep is different man. I can't tell you why i still have slight vibes and 30-35 mph but whatever, they really don't bug me at the moment. You may put the lift on and be vibe free yourself, you just have to wait and see. Oh I had put the MML on while still having the 1 inch t case drop because I had to wait a week or so before I could get the drop off. DO NOT do that. My DS angle was soo bad it made vibes worse. I just have the MML right now (no BL) and I'm happy with it, all I had to do was raise the fan shroud. The only other solution to my vibes is that my rear output shaft on my t case could be slightly bent, been too lazy to check lately though Not much else I can say but get the kit and see what happens!

Quote:
-Zach
Unread 06-20-2010, 09:15 AM   #13
Neil F.
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I would not worry about vibrations. 2" is so small the chances of vibrations are minimal. If so, just *** a couple washers to the transfercase. I havge the 2" BDS plus 1" spacer in front and no issues.
Neil F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2010, 04:20 PM   #14
SloLearner
2006 TJ Wrangler 

r all spacers pretty much created equal? i was wanting to throw in a .75" or 1" spacer up front too? and where did u get ur lift? locally or a good price on the internet out there?
Unread 06-20-2010, 09:54 PM   #15
speed_phreak
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks for your help 2006sport!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil F. View Post
I would not worry about vibrations. 2" is so small the chances of vibrations are minimal. If so, just *** a couple washers to the transfercase. I havge the 2" BDS plus 1" spacer in front and no issues.
Yea, but do you have a 4 speed auto with a dana 44? That seems to be a deadly vibe combo in the research I have done here... But I do appreciate your help.
speed_phreak is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bds , lift kit , 2"

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.