Bank 2, Sensor 2 oxygen sensor... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Bank 2, Sensor 2 oxygen sensor...

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 09-19-2009, 01:22 PM   #1
Alexia
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Bank 2, Sensor 2 oxygen sensor...

Any ideas as to why this sensor is such an odd ball? This is the bank two, sensor two on the fifty states 2000-2006 model Jeeps. It appears to be a factory sensor, but there is no shield around the tip. The white part of the tip is where the carbon build up deteriorated and took part of the ceramic with it.
The replacement sensor was much more massive, a different design than the rest, and had the appropriate shield over the ceramic.
The other three sensors I removed had their appropriate shields around them.

Build Project Thread
Rocker Guard Comparison Chart - Final Differential Gear Ratios - Oxygen Sensor FAQ
Alexia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2009, 01:26 PM   #2
GOLENJEEPTJ
Running Secretly Amok!

2002 TJ Wrangler 

I wonder and assume that if it fell off?
GOLENJEEPTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2009, 01:29 PM   #3
Alexia
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLENJEEPTJ View Post
I wonder and assume that if it fell off?
I looked at it a few times and while I can not seem to identify where a shield may have been attached, I some times get this random rattling noise from the exhaust.

Build Project Thread
Rocker Guard Comparison Chart - Final Differential Gear Ratios - Oxygen Sensor FAQ

Last edited by Alexia; 09-19-2009 at 01:48 PM..
Alexia is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.