ballistic fab lower control arm brackets - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > ballistic fab lower control arm brackets

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Aluminum BumpersThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 10-05-2010, 09:23 AM   #1
t-bird
1998 TJ Wrangler 

ballistic fab lower control arm brackets

I broke a lower control arm mount. i called them up and asked what sizes and specs i would need for a dana 30. the guy told me and i ordered them. a week later i get these HUGE brackets in the mail that look like they are for 1 tons. Now i cant get in touch with these guys because they have been closed due to a rain storm? Is anyone on this forum affiliated with ballistic fab? im not angry, i was just really hoping to get this fixed. I just want to exchange them for the right size.

thanks

Unread 10-05-2010, 02:06 PM   #2
vector6
2001 TJ Wrangler 

what brackets did you receive? (look on your receipt and post the part number)

are these the ones you recieved?
Lower axle link brackets
vector6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2010, 02:25 PM   #3
pwcracer
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I don't believe these are going to be an exact fit. When I installed a set on an 8.8 I had to grind..

This is one of the user comments from their site..

I didn't realize these brackets were so big. When I got them I had to do a lot of grinding to get them smaller and for better ground clearance. They are pretty beefy brackets and are still very nice.
pwcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2010, 10:36 PM   #4
t-bird
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Yes I ordered the lower axle links. I told the guy I needed them for a Dana 30. I received them and the recipt said they were for a 2.5 inch diamater. Which I think is right. The off set was 5 degrees. But the width was 3 inches which is wrong and the wholes were for 3/4 inch bolt. Not 9/16. So I finally got in touch with them today and the guy said he'd have someone call back In 20 minutes to get it straightened out. Why we couldn't get it straightened out right then and there I do not know!!!?? So I'm gonna call back tomorrow.
Unread 03-01-2011, 02:56 PM   #5
kowboydmac
1997 ZJ 

I know this is a flatliner, but did you get those brackets to work? I'm looking at brackets from either IRO or Ballistic at the moment, not sure who else makes them.
Unread 03-01-2011, 03:08 PM   #6
Benderff

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kowboydmac View Post
I know this is a flatliner, but did you get those brackets to work? I'm looking at brackets from either IRO or Ballistic at the moment, not sure who else makes them.
Currie makes LCA mounts, and for the best price I have seen.

http://www.currieenterprises.com/ces...t.aspx?id=1275
Unread 03-01-2011, 05:00 PM   #7
Rubitron
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I ordered their crossover steering kit for my Rubi. It came with everything (tubes, bungs, and heim joints), except bolts. Not such a big deal, but the guy couldn't tell me what length I would need. Again, not a HUGE problem, I'm a smart dude and can measure. But, on installation, the tubes were mondo thick (I wanted STRENGTH!!) and bumped into everything. I got 1.5 in OD .250 wall tubes. The new drag link wouldn't go on top of the knuckle because of the sway bar disco, and the tie rod hit the stock diff cover and the track bar bolt so it wouldn't steer lock to lock. Unfortunately the guy at Ballistic didn't warn me that this kit is, while indestructable, probably too much for a TJ. So long story short, I didn't have a very good experience with them, and coupled with this and a horror story on ROF, I won't be dealing with them again.
Rubitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2011, 05:38 PM   #8
MisfitSeven
MAIL Crawler.

1998 TJ Wrangler 

edit...

*click*
$15
Unread 03-01-2011, 06:02 PM   #9
98blacksahara
1951 CJ3A 

I have ordered from ballistic many many times. I have never had any negative anything with them. They ar eusually stand up guys and very knowledgable. In fact I have an order that will be here this Friday from them for my WJ knuckle swap.

I would try giving them another call and explain what happened on the first call.

But I'm sure someone out there will post that they regularly eat turd sandwiches with no problems...
98blacksahara is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2011, 11:23 PM   #10
kowboydmac
1997 ZJ 

Ballistic, Currie, IRO, and Poly all come out to about the same price, lol. Ballistic has some clearance specials, but I
don't know the measurements to know if those would work.
Unread 03-02-2011, 12:11 AM   #11
bradentaala
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98blacksahara View Post
I have ordered from ballistic many many times. I have never had any negative anything with them. They ar eusually stand up guys and very knowledgable. In fact I have an order that will be here this Friday from them for my WJ knuckle swap.

I would try giving them another call and explain what happened on the first call.
i ripped off my lower front control arm bracket too, and got mine from these guys with no problems...(on a d30)...
'00 TJ, 14" coilovers, teraflex speedbumps, double triangulated 4 link, 3 link, D60, 14 bolt, 42" Kevlars, 17" walker evans beadlocks, high lines, 104" wb, atlas 4 (11.7:1), hydro assist steering, hydro boost brakes, belly up, Corbeau CR1 w/5pt harness.

bradentaala is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2011, 10:13 AM   #12
kowboydmac
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradentaala View Post
i ripped off my lower front control arm bracket too, and got mine from these guys with no problems...(on a d30)...
Which bracket did you use?
Unread 04-02-2011, 08:18 PM   #13
Dan Fredrickson
Vendor

Just use the Ruffstuff radius link tabs, way stronger at 3/8". Yes they are cut to 3" but after reading this I think we will make a few hundred to a 2.5" radius and add a bridge so it is easier bur the 3/8" thickness isn't going to move when it hits a rock...

Of course I am biased
Sales & Tech 916.600.1945
Dan Fredrickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2011, 08:39 PM   #14
flatlander757
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Ballistic makes a bunch of crap, you will wait weeks at a time for your order, when it gets there, it will be incomplete, and when you get the last half, it will be wrong.

Then you wear out their suspension joints with 1000 miles of street driving, then find out they redesigned the joints because the ones they prematurely released are complete garbage and won't back up their old product.

I will admit some of the stuff they've redesigned is probably okay now, but they have been by far the absolute worst vendor I've ever had to deal with.

Everything that Ballistic has screwed up, has been fixed with stuff from Ruff Stuff Specialties... of which I have no complaints. Customer service is above and beyond most(all?) other places I've ever dealt with, and the products are top notch and fit right.

Ruff Stuff has messed up a couple of my orders before... but when I called and explained what happened... I got the correct parts overnighted to me and Dan paypal'd me $ to send back the old stuff. That is great service IMO.

You can check out my build thread if you want to read the details on all the shenanigans I've had to put with with Ballistic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006 Sport
Being able to make vroom vroom noises in Tonys Jeep was the highlight of my life.
Currently Jeepless.
flatlander757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2011, 06:59 AM   #15
Wheelin98TJ
JEEP FREAK

1998 TJ Wrangler 

The Ballistic lower link brackets are huge.

I do not recommend them because of this.
Wheelin98TJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.