Bad camshaft in some 04 TJs - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Bad camshaft in some 04 TJs

WJ Shackle Tabs: Tow-Hook Replacements2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 05-10-2007, 11:00 AM   #1
PackMan

Location: Home of the Super Bowl XLI Champion Indianapolis Colts
Bad camshaft in some 04 TJs

Not sure if this has been covered, but several 04 model TJs with the 4.0 had a bad camshaft that has been replaced under warranty.

I took my Jeep in to get the blower resister replaced under warranty, and asked about that specific issue, although I'm experiencing no engine problems at this time. Apparently, DCX was able to identify the Jeeps affected by the bum shafts and if you own one, you should receive a recall notice.

Mine was not on the list.

If you own an '04, and haven't already done this, visit jeep.com and enter your VIN to check for recalls. It's something that should be done regularly, anyway, especially if you are not the original owner.

PackMan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-10-2007, 11:48 AM   #2
Aletheuo
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackMan
If you own an '04, and haven't already done this, visit jeep.com and enter your VIN to check for recalls. It's something that should be done regularly, anyway, especially if you are not the original owner.
Thanks for mentioning this, I'm not the original owner of my 04 so I checked.
I was lucky and mine showed no recalls.
Originally Posted by bobbert350
you have to stop thinking of miles per gallon its fun per gallon....and in my jeep my fpg is too much to count
Lone Star Jeep Club
Aletheuo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-10-2007, 12:01 PM   #3
el guapo
2004 TJ Wrangler 

ditto for me - i'm good to go.
thanks!
el guapo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-10-2007, 09:11 PM   #4
jay5_o
2004 TJ Wrangler 

that's kinda funny just checked my vin, no recalls ,
i own an 04 tj and here i am replacing my camshaft and lifters, cuz #2 exhaust side lobe wore off to nothing. with 120,000 kilometers on it. just bad luck i guess
jay5_o is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2012, 12:34 PM   #5
jheinks
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Oh well

I have an 04 LJ, replacing the cam. I got it all tore down just to find out i received the wrong CAM. where did you get the replacement?
jheinks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.