Bad ball joint or not? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Bad ball joint or not?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineAttention to the TJ owners 1996-2006 NEW LED LIGHT OPTIONSBds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rock

Unread 08-17-2005, 06:12 AM   #1
hkiss96

Bad ball joint or not?

I've got a 6" skyjacker lift and recently had to replace some bushing in the front end. After the work, it's been squeaking more than before. So I looked underneath to see if I need to add some grease and noticed something odd with a ball joint.

On one of the ends, the ball side/end had a shim (or something that looked like that) move off center. It looks like it should be in line with the rod. Without a pic it's difficult to explain. I'm trying to find out if this needs to be replaced or can just be fixed/moved into the correct position etc. Would that be something that I can do myself (I have very few tools)?

hkiss96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2005, 07:00 AM   #2
Hunter9
1997 TJ Wrangler 

can you post a pic?
RE 3.5 SF, 1" BL, 1" MML, 285/75/16 (33") MTRs, 16x8 MT Classic Locks, 4.10 gears, Lockrite Front, Warn Front and Rear Bumper w/ Tire Carrier, Warn Diff Skids, Rock-it Man Rockers, Jeeperman Front Hoop, M8000, A to Z winch mount, Hella 500s, H4 Conversion

[COLOR="Red"]Former 3.07 Gears Club Member #1[/CENTER][/COLOR]
Hunter9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.