Back in the jeep world.. next week that is! (Question reguarding vibes) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Back in the jeep world.. next week that is! (Question reguarding vibes)

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Building a Bumper?Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 01-05-2013, 06:39 PM   #1
WILLY348
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Back in the jeep world.. next week that is! (Question reguarding vibes)

So today i went and checked out a 2003 TJ. Was a really clean jeep all around. Picking it up for $12,000. It's a 2 owner with no accidents on the title, has 39,000 miles. This is the list of mods off the craigslist post

40,000 original miles. Just passed emissions.
6 Cylinder 4.0 Liter engine.
5 Speed manual transmission.
Dana 44 rear axle with disc brakes. 3.73 gears with factory limited slip.
33x12.5 R15 BF Goodrich MT Tires, lots of tread left.
3 inch suspension lift (sky jacker).
Custom front bumper with Warn 9500 ti winch.
Rear bumper with 2 can carrier and spare tire mount. Will also accommodate a hi-lift jack.
Interior floor has had carpet removed and has been lined with spray on bed liner (line X)
Black soft top, still in good condition.

Pics of it

I checked the jeep out under side and all the way around. Tires were like brand new. The only real issue i noticed driving it was vibrations when accelerating up to 60mph. If i remember right (its been a while lol) this is due to the drive shaft and lift combination isn't it (refresh my jeep memory!)? I plan on keeping it the way it is until its paid off. I will how ever modify little things.. like painting the head light bezels black and those day lighters black.

My old jeep was a 2006 LJ.. the mods of that jeep are in my avatar.. and this was that jeep

And this vehicle is the reason why i sold my LJ.. i bought this cobra with zero credit history, so i had to go through ford credit at a 16% interest rate. At the time i wasn't making alot of money, so i sold my LJ to pay off the mustang. Ever since that day i have missed the jeep world like no tomorrow! I can confidently say i would NEVER give up my cobra for a jeep.. speed is far more addicting then 4 wheel drives IMO.. but they both have their own ways of fun (hense me buying ANOTHER jeep)!

WILLY348 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2013, 07:35 PM   #2
0IIIIIII0
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Looks good and the price seems great for what I've seen around here.

Too bad about the LJ though... Looking for one of those next.

Sent from my TJ
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
- Samuel Adams
0IIIIIII0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2013, 10:46 PM   #3
WILLY348
2003 TJ Wrangler 

So does any one know exactly what causes the vibrations when getting to freeway speed?
Unread 01-05-2013, 10:52 PM   #4
WhiteMtnJeep
The Punk Made My Day.....

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Are we talkin vibes around 55-60 or when on/off the gas? Do they go away above a certain speed?

Journeyman Polyphase Meterman IBEW Local 387

Work with enthusiasm as though you were working for the Lord rather than for man.

http://www.treadlightly.org/

Siena Jeep Owner's Member 25

/l ,[____],
l---L -0lllllll0-

()_) ()_)-O-)_)
WhiteMtnJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2013, 10:55 PM   #5
WILLY348
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FernBchJeep View Post
Are we talkin vibes around 55-60 or when on/off the gas? Do they go away above a certain speed?
I can't recall as i only have driven it once. I'll have to watch it further when i get it.
Unread 01-06-2013, 08:02 AM   #6
tyvanwie
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Looks pretty good. I have that some tuffy console and I love it.

I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about. I think...
tyvanwie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2013, 08:12 AM   #7
SSAdrenaline
2005 LJ Wrangler 

My god is that LJ sweet looking...... To bad you had to get rid of it, however that tj is pretty nice as well.
SSAdrenaline is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2013, 11:35 AM   #8
WILLY348
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSAdrenaline View Post
My god is that LJ sweet looking...... To bad you had to get rid of it, however that tj is pretty nice as well.
Thanks! She was pretty sexy I dont know if the owner of the new TJ was expecting a buyer to know just as much if not more about jeeps then him lol

Heres more pictures of the old jeep..

Unread 01-08-2013, 05:39 AM   #9
jeeptjrn
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILLY348 View Post
So today i went and checked out a 2003 TJ. Was a really clean jeep all around. Picking it up for $12,000. It's a 2 owner with no accidents on the title, has 39,000 miles. This is the list of mods off the craigslist post

40,000 original miles. Just passed emissions.
6 Cylinder 4.0 Liter engine.
5 Speed manual transmission.
Dana 44 rear axle with disc brakes. 3.73 gears with factory limited slip.
33x12.5 R15 BF Goodrich MT Tires, lots of tread left.
3 inch suspension lift (sky jacker).
Custom front bumper with Warn 9500 ti winch.
Rear bumper with 2 can carrier and spare tire mount. Will also accommodate a hi-lift jack.
Interior floor has had carpet removed and has been lined with spray on bed liner (line X)
Black soft top, still in good condition.

Pics of it

I checked the jeep out under side and all the way around. Tires were like brand new. The only real issue i noticed driving it was vibrations when accelerating up to 60mph. If i remember right (its been a while lol) this is due to the drive shaft and lift combination isn't it (refresh my jeep memory!)? I plan on keeping it the way it is until its paid off. I will how ever modify little things.. like painting the head light bezels black and those day lighters black.

My old jeep was a 2006 LJ.. the mods of that jeep are in my avatar.. and this was that jeep

And this vehicle is the reason why i sold my LJ.. i bought this cobra with zero credit history, so i had to go through ford credit at a 16% interest rate. At the time i wasn't making alot of money, so i sold my LJ to pay off the mustang. Ever since that day i have missed the jeep world like no tomorrow! I can confidently say i would NEVER give up my cobra for a jeep.. speed is far more addicting then 4 wheel drives IMO.. but they both have their own ways of fun (hense me buying ANOTHER jeep)!

How does a jeep that is ten years old only have 40,000 miles ? That almost seems to good to be true. I'm not doubting your judgement but yowzer that is low.
jeeptjrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2013, 05:52 AM   #10
mdm
Farm Wheeler
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeptjrn View Post
How does a jeep that is ten years old only have 40,000 miles ? ...
By only being driven 40,000 miles. That would be my guess. 4000 miles a year? That's not unreasonable, esp. if it's not a primary means of transportation. I've got an F250 that now sees about 3000 miles a year. My '00 TJ sees about 5000 miles a year. But my little commuter car sees about 30,000 miles a year.
Unread 01-08-2013, 07:21 AM   #11
Duck Doctor
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Does that rig have an SYE/CV shaft and adjustable control arms? If not, I think you have found the culprit.
Duck Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2013, 06:11 PM   #12
jeeptjrn
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I hope those are actual miles. Good luck.
Unread 01-08-2013, 07:00 PM   #13
WILLY348
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I verified it on the car fax. Between the first owner to the amount of miles it now has on it there was only 15,000 miles put on it.

SYE/CV shaft + adjustable control arms are the first "major" mods this thing will see. For now its getting by with a transfer case drop until i can fund the SYE/CV/control arms.

Heres pictures i took of her today.. she is officially mine

This coming weekend i want to change small things on the TJ. I want to paint what ever chrome i can black.. i hate chrome on jeeps. Take off the tail light guards.. i think they are retarded. Probably will put the stock air intake back on and take off the throttle body spacer. Would putting an aftermarket steering stabilizer on the jeep make much of a difference? I noticed it's still rocking the stocker.

The future plans will probably lean towards making this jeep more like my old one (tube fenders/good rocker panels, same warn bumpers front/rear i use to have, long arm suspension etc) but for now until i pay it off i dont plan to do HUGE modifications to it. I'm just glad i'm finally back in one of the greatest vehicles on this planet!

And for those wondering.. i did indeed go from an LJ to a TJ. I can't say theres much of a difference other then the given.. the length. You can defiantly feel the difference in the length, but it doesn't bother me at all. If i need more room in the back i'll just take the seat out. The TJ will have better approach angles though!
Unread 01-08-2013, 07:09 PM   #14
Knuckelhead
AFSOC Retired

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeptjrn View Post
How does a jeep that is ten years old only have 40,000 miles ? That almost seems to good to be true. I'm not doubting your judgement but yowzer that is low.
My 13 year old Sport has 70,000 miles on it, how is that hard to understand?...
Unread 01-08-2013, 08:25 PM   #15
jeeptjrn
2005 TJ Wrangler 

There MUST be explanation for only having 40,000 miles if in fact it does. Simple concept. Didn't think it was difficult question. Either it sat for most of its life OR the miles are not actual. I could care less how many miles are on it. Just curious about the dudes Jeep.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.