Back in Black - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Back in Black

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueECGS DOTW - $100 off Yukon 8.8 C-Clip Eliminator KitNitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wd

Unread 07-15-2002, 02:09 PM   #1
taodejing

Back in Black

I have seen a number of posts here about getting our fenders and other plastics back to being black from that haze greyish colour that they turn. I think I may have found it.
I use the Honda pro-clean on my motorcycle, a Triumph not a Honda. I use it on all aspects of my bike, metal, plastic, seat. I use it to clean the glass in the jeep as well, it leaves a nice shine and cleans very well and decided to try it on a small portion of the fender flare and leave it to bake in the SoCal sun. Well it's still black after two days and I used it on the rest of the plastic as well. You can buy this stuff at any Honda motorcycle shop it's in a spray can. Just my 2 cents.

Unread 07-15-2002, 02:15 PM   #2
gatorfish

Thanks!

past:
XJs '87 '91 '00
TJs '01 '02
gatorfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2002, 03:16 PM   #3
RedheadJeepin'Girl

No matter what I tried, it would always get washed away in the rain. And since I only wash my Jeep about every 4 months, applying something every few days just would not fit into my schedule. So I painted them.

My web page:
[url]http://www.geocities.com/redheadedjeepingirl/index.html[/url]
RedheadJeepin'Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2002, 04:02 PM   #4
Diggin'Taters
2004 WJ 

I used Mother's Back to Black on mine and took away the grey permanently. I've used it on my other cars as well. works great. I've gone as long as 3-4 months without any fading. Just put it on every time I wash it. (not very often)
USAF Jeep Club Member #14
White Jeep Club Founder Member #1
REDNECK JEEP CLUB Member #1.1 and President!
Medical Cannabis Jeep club (I know I'm not the only member)
Diggin'Taters is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.