Auto Transmission - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Auto Transmission

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueECGS DOTW - $100 off Yukon 8.8 C-Clip Eliminator KitNitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wd

Unread 08-04-2007, 07:16 PM   #1
JeepPirate
2008 JK Wrangler 

Auto Transmission

The transmission is starting to go bad in my 97 Sahara, and there is a guy on craigslist that said he had an Auto transmission with electronic shift out of a 1998 Grand Cherokee. Will this fit a 97 TJ? I have a 3 sp auto, this guy isnt exactly sure what he has - he said all he knew was it was a auto with electronic shift with only 10k on it from under a 98 GC. Also, what rear axle is most common on a 98 GC, he is selling that too and I didnt know if I could go ahead and upgrade from my D35 with whatever comes under there.

JeepPirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2007, 07:37 PM   #2
Wheelin98TJ
JEEP FREAK

1998 TJ Wrangler 

It would not be an easy fit into a TJ. I don't know if that trans has a stand alone computer or not, but your 3 speed auto is not electronic shift. If the trans from the Grand works from the main PCM, it would be a problem.

Either way its going to involve some pretty serious wiring.

The rear axle is a not worth pursuing either. Its either a D35 or a D44a which has an aluminum center section and limited aftermarket support.
Wheelin98TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2007, 07:41 PM   #3
TrailWorthyFab
TrailWorthyFab.com

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Go buy a 10$ bot. of Lucas Trans. fixer. give that a shot.

T

Last edited by TrailWorthyFab; 08-05-2007 at 08:16 AM..
TrailWorthyFab is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.