Auto 32RH shift shaft seal replacement. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Auto 32RH shift shaft seal replacement.

Artec 14b bolt BACKBONE trussNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Engo is bringing New LED Light Bars to the table...Get a g

Unread 04-16-2014, 05:33 PM   #1
motoxracer801
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Auto 32RH shift shaft seal replacement.

Hey all,
I have read all the posts on doing this. The only thing the post doesn't specify is how hard the new seal is supposed to be to go in.
I have a 2002 three speed auto jeep wrangler. I think I narrowed the tranny leak to the shift shaft. I did everything the posts I've read to a T. Which actually has been very simple up until now. I've already distorted one seal trying to get it in. This thing doesn't want to go back in. I tried tapping it with a small hammer. It was lopsided so I pulled it out. So then I tried running a bolt through it and putting same size washers on each side and wedging it into place that way. Nope.. that bent my brand new seal. So now it's back to OReilly for a new 8 dollar seal to bend. So what am I missing here? How do I get this back in place?

I'm getting better at all this stuff though... This home repair go around I've only threatened to sell my jeep two times!!

motoxracer801 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-16-2014, 06:48 PM   #2
motoxracer801
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Nobody knows a quick simple way of doing this?
motoxracer801 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-16-2014, 07:24 PM   #3
robncar
We Got The Cup, AGAIN!!!

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by motoxracer801 View Post
Nobody knows a quick simple way of doing this?
Nope, apparently not. I read through the FSM and didn't see anything. Hopefully, you'll get someone that has replaced one to chime in.
robncar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-16-2014, 07:25 PM   #4
HAYSHAKER170
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Check this link. I scanned thru it and did not find an answer to your question, but it may help you. Good luck.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/23066655/3...D-INSTALLATION
HAYSHAKER170 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
repair , seal , transmission , transmission leak

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.