aussie locker advice - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > aussie locker advice

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 08-25-2010, 09:07 PM   #16
wktj01
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Border Dave View Post
X2. I helped a friend put a locker similar to an Aussie in the front of his TJ a while back. The carrier was really a bear to get out. We tried prybars, but the space in there is very limited. We ended up using a ratcheting strap. We attached one end to the bumper and the other around the carrier and cranked down on it. When it popped out, I wasn't quite ready for it, so it hit the ground and damaged one of the bearings. Don't let that happen to you, whatever technique you use. It probably should have used a case spreader, but I was advised against it.
I got mine out by stuffin a rag behind the ring gear and turning the driveshaft, after stuffing it a couple times it popped out

wktj01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2010, 09:12 PM   #17
Gonewhln
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Great item i had them on my last jeep yj and now in my 06 tj
Gonewhln is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2010, 09:26 PM   #18
turpehar

1977 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hulud44 View Post
thats exactly what I needed to hear.... cant wait to install it. thanks
Is it done yet?

(Trial + error)*Upgrades) - $ = (mac-n-cheese/hot dogs)+experience

https://www.facebook.com/CentralILOffRoad

http://centraliloffroad.com/
turpehar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
d30 , dana 30 , locker , aussie , advice

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.