aussie locker advice - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > aussie locker advice

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineYear End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Warn, Smitybilt, Engo, Rugged Ridge Winches at CCOR

Unread 08-25-2010, 10:07 PM   #16
wktj01
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Border Dave View Post
X2. I helped a friend put a locker similar to an Aussie in the front of his TJ a while back. The carrier was really a bear to get out. We tried prybars, but the space in there is very limited. We ended up using a ratcheting strap. We attached one end to the bumper and the other around the carrier and cranked down on it. When it popped out, I wasn't quite ready for it, so it hit the ground and damaged one of the bearings. Don't let that happen to you, whatever technique you use. It probably should have used a case spreader, but I was advised against it.
I got mine out by stuffin a rag behind the ring gear and turning the driveshaft, after stuffing it a couple times it popped out

wktj01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-25-2010, 10:12 PM   #17
Gonewhln
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Great item i had them on my last jeep yj and now in my 06 tj
Gonewhln is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-25-2010, 10:26 PM   #18
turpehar
Web Wheeler

1977 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hulud44 View Post
thats exactly what I needed to hear.... cant wait to install it. thanks
Is it done yet?

(Trial + error)*Upgrades) - $² = (mac-n-cheese/hot dogs)+experience

https://www.facebook.com/CentralILOffRoad

http://centraliloffroad.com/
turpehar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
d30 , dana 30 , locker , aussie , advice

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.