The Arched Tube Fender Exposed - A Start to Finish Review - Page 8 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > The Arched Tube Fender Exposed - A Start to Finish Review

JEEP Gear Change Packages From ROCKRIDGE 4WD. We Are DIFFROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!

Unread 10-11-2009, 10:32 PM   #106
Savvy
Vendor

2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalcloak View Post
We've just released our latest product here at the Off Road Expo... the Overline Flat Tube Fender... check it out and let us know what you think...

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/in...lcloak-875876/
I saw the new Overline Flat Tube Fenders at the Expo today! The lines really flow nicely with the TJ hood lines. Very very nice!

Gerald

Email me for the fastest response: gman@savvyoffroad.com

Like us on Facebook FACEBOOK.COM/SAVVYOFFROAD

The ONLY place to get Savvy/Currie Lifts and parts! The best price and support!

Now with Lifetime Guarantee Lifetime Guarantee - See Here

http://www.savvyoffroad.com

Unlimited Black Hole - The Ultimate LJ

Savvy Spartan 2004 LJ

2014 JKU Test Mule

2003 TJ Project Unrolled
2003 TJ Project Click Here
Savvy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-11-2009, 11:35 PM   #107
RVA_TJ06
2006 TJ Wrangler 

It's actually the same color silver as the jeep. lol... the pics don't do it justice.. I bought the factory color and sprayed it.
Unread 10-12-2009, 09:21 AM   #108
Jeepineer

RVA TJ06....that two toned paint looks amazing.

Techna...thanks for the pictures...that is the first black MetalCloak TJ i have seen, it looks sick.

MetalCloak users, we need a little help, please take pictures of your jeep in extreme wheeling conditions. Stuff those tires...show some flex we will paste the pictures all over our site.
Jeepineer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-12-2009, 01:58 PM   #109
RVA_TJ06
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I went to Automotivetouchup.com Touch Up Paint, Aerosol Spray Paint and Paint Touch Up Accessories to find the factory color paint. I bought factory black jeep paint and factory silver, though there are two types of silver. So you have to find in your build sheet what color you are. I used a mountain gravity feed paint gun. I need to touch it up as some of it is scratched. But after than I clear coated it as well.

It took me a weekend to do it since I have never painted before. I had prepped and primed it prior to the weekend I painted it.
Unread 10-15-2009, 11:13 AM   #110
matsonian
MetalCloak'd

1977 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by provelogear View Post
I saw the new Overline Flat Tube Fenders at the Expo today! The lines really flow nicely with the TJ hood lines. Very very nice!

Gerald
Thanks Gerald, we appreciate the props! Great meeting you at the Expo!

For quotes or customer service Click Here

Lots and Lots of Videos: https://www.youtube.com/metalcloak
matsonian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-16-2009, 02:46 PM   #111
Cutch
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Would really like to see the new style lights in pics.....I am geting ready to install my fenders and need to decide if I cut up my grill and put in the JK lights....I can always take the JK lights back but not too sure about the holes I drill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firekite View Post
The lights go in that little circle that's inboard and just a little below the M. What I had said is that from my initial impressions I'd rather lose the M cut-out and instead use that space for a larger light, such as a 2" round LCD. We'll see when the lighting system gets here.

EDIT: This is the spot I'm talking about:

Cutch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-16-2009, 02:49 PM   #112
matsonian
MetalCloak'd

1977 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVA_TJ06 View Post
It took me a weekend to do it since I have never painted before. I had prepped and primed it prior to the weekend I painted it.
Nice job!

Unread 10-19-2009, 09:39 AM   #113
Deacon
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutch View Post
Would really like to see the new style lights in pics.....I am geting ready to install my fenders and need to decide if I cut up my grill and put in the JK lights....I can always take the JK lights back but not too sure about the holes I drill
The lights have been delivered, but I didn't get a chance to install them before this weekend's wheeling trip. I trailered the Little Red Mule anyway, so they weren't absolutely necessary. I'll try to get them done tonight.

I have lots of pics (some from my camera, some from others') and video (same) from this weekend, flares on and flares off, and I'll get around to posting them. I'll say that after having actually used the things, I have no regrets. They did their job beautifully. I even ended up damaging part of the rear of the driver's side fender climbing a tree.
Deacon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-20-2009, 06:18 PM   #114
matsonian
MetalCloak'd

1977 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firekite View Post
The lights have been delivered, but I didn't get a chance to install them before this weekend's wheeling trip. I trailered the Little Red Mule anyway, so they weren't absolutely necessary. I'll try to get them done tonight.

I have lots of pics (some from my camera, some from others') and video (same) from this weekend, flares on and flares off, and I'll get around to posting them. I'll say that after having actually used the things, I have no regrets. They did their job beautifully. I even ended up damaging part of the rear of the driver's side fender climbing a tree.
Looking forward to your feedback on the lights and for all the great pics!

Unread 10-25-2009, 01:50 PM   #115
0blcktj6
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Bump for the pictures!

My Build Thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/v...ck-now-908246/
0blcktj6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-25-2009, 04:45 PM   #116
techna
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0blcktj6 View Post
Bump for the pictures!
I posted these in the other thread. They are the new ones from Metal Cloak and the same ones Firekite got. I find them to be plenty bright at night, but probably need a second opinion on day use.

techna is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-29-2009, 11:49 PM   #117
Deacon
2006 TJ Wrangler 

It's been a little nuts around here over the last couple of weeks, but here are a few of the pics that I've gotten from the wheeling trip to Long's Ranch. I'm very disappointed with the number of pictures that have been taken, and none of them were of the hard stuff. I'm still working on trying to get the videos set up, but here are the pics I've got so far, both with and without the flares, if you notice. I'll take and put up damage pics another time, probably this weekend. I imagine videos will be up about the same time. Click to embiggen.

Yep, she's still back there on the trailer. She looks so shiny and clean and undamaged...

Warming up and getting a feel for the utter lack of fender rubbing.

Wondering about wheelbase...

This was a cake walk once I figured out why my front locker wasn't engaging. Inner fenders are freakin' great!

Perched on a rock after climbing up the other side.

Flexing out on 38's.

Pretty much as close as I can get to fully stuffed. Note that I scored over a thousand on the RTI ramp they had out there. I had to stop not because I was mashed up on the fender but because my rear tire was starting to come up on the ramp, too. Final verdict was around 1040 to 1050.
Unread 10-30-2009, 12:03 AM   #118
0blcktj6
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Nice pictures! Do you have a link to the full gallery or are these the only ones you have put up? Looks great without that flare BTW, makes me want these fenders so much more, I can't wait till I can put the money together for a set.

My Build Thread:
Unread 10-30-2009, 12:17 AM   #119
Deacon
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Those are what I've got so far.

And yeah, I remain undecided regarding the question of with or without flare. I mean, here in TX it's not required to have the flare, but it's still nice to have some water/mud protection, and you can use them as rub rails. But it looks pretty badass without them

I'll work on the lights at some point, too. Busy weekend ahead.
Unread 10-30-2009, 12:20 AM   #120
0blcktj6
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Yea NY doesn't have any flare regulations, which amazed me, for personal vehicles so I'm not going to be getting the flare, I just hope I don't regret that decision after a while of driving around but we'll see, that's the great thing about these is you can always add a flare later. Looking forward to some more pics of your rig, and are you going to do a writeup on the lights?

My Build Thread:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.