APN Header - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > APN Header

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 07-19-2010, 09:11 AM   #1
absolutnie
1999 TJ Wrangler 

APN Header

I've been having some issues with an exhaust leak after I replaced the cracked OEM header on my Jeep.

I have a pretty noticeable exhaust leak somewhere around cyl #3-5 (assume cyl #1 is closest to radiator). I used the supplied gasket that came with the APN header.

I got frustrated so I took the header off and replaced it with a Felpro gasket, only to find out that the intake port holes don't match the gasket! The box from the gasket specifically says that it is for a 99 TJ Wrangler 4.0. I thought about cutting the gasket but decided to use the APN supplied gasket, with lots of copper gasket sealant. I used the proper torque sequence when bolting down everything.

My question is:

Could the APN gasket be warped?

Has anyone had issues with the APN header not lining up?

absolutnie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-19-2010, 06:45 PM   #2
absolutnie
1999 TJ Wrangler 

anyone have any input?
Unread 10-24-2010, 09:11 AM   #3
absolutnie
1999 TJ Wrangler 

fyi - the header was warped. Ended up getting a new one from APN.

Check your headers before you put them on.
Unread 01-12-2011, 12:22 PM   #4
utah29er
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Has anyone had issues with the APN header not lining up?
Ah damn! I just found this today.

Just installed my apn header on my '99 cherokee last night. tight fit.
Torqued using their directions.
I have a mondo exhaust leak somewhere, haven't pin-pointed it yet.

I did NOT check if the header was warped
guess I'll pull it off and send it in for replacement.

thanks for the info absolutine
utah29er is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
exhaust , leak , header , tj , wrangler

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.