Apex edition Jeep? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Apex edition Jeep?

Bill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 08-18-2005, 11:10 PM   #1
hangten93

Apex edition Jeep?

Im looking to buy a jeep wrangler and i found an 02 4.0L Jeep and it says it is the Apex edition, i was wonderingwhat this is and whats different about it, thanks!

hangten93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2005, 11:25 PM   #2
TQ_xvi
2002 TJ Wrangler 

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...7351963yrhVyM#

I think that's a fellow JeepForum member's one.

The Apex was an 02 which had neoprene seats, the orance colour, etc

It's an X model TJ with an optional package.

I have no idea about the rear axle though - check if it's a 35 or 44
Unread 08-19-2005, 05:54 AM   #3
06slvrrubi
Lovin' Life

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I saw one on a lot once and checked into it. It has the "leather like" seats, the stock full fave steel wheels that are actually chromed instead of having snap on chrome covers. And it has a goofy dashed decal on the hood.
06slvrrubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2005, 05:58 AM   #4
LoneJeeper
i wear foil underwear too

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85fiero
I saw one on a lot once and checked into it. It has the "leather like" seats, the stock full fave steel wheels that are actually chromed instead of having snap on chrome covers. And it has a goofy dashed decal on the hood.
that's what I remember... I had two choices, an Apex edition and a Sahara edition. Turns out the Sahara had the d44... wasn't much of a choice.

lj
Unread 08-19-2005, 07:46 AM   #5
mjkolb02tj
Stupid is as Stupid does

2002 TJ Wrangler 

As mentioned bt others the Apex Edition is an X model TJ it came in black, silver or patriot blue. It also came with leather seats which in my silver Apex Edition were a horrible baseball glove orangish-brown color. Other upgrades besides leather seates were came with chrome wheels, 7 speaker sound system including sound bar and subwoofer in center console, and hood decal. As far as the rear axel goes mine has a D35 not sure it there are others that may have a D44. All in all it is a good Jeep but probably not worth the extra money that the dealership was probably originally asking for it. The only reason I got mine was because when I was looking for a Jeep I saw this on the internet listed at $13,000 with only 25,000 miles when I went to look at it on the lot they had it listed at $18,000 so I got quite a deal otherwise I would have kept looking. I don't have pictures at this momonet but will post some soon.

Mike
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTeeJay
That'd suck. You must not go topless as much as I do.
SAVE PARAGON! Visit www.saveparagonap.com to get more information.
mjkolb02tj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2005, 07:53 AM   #6
hangten93

I would deffinatly take that hood graphic off if i bought it and i sat in the seats and they seem to be really nice, im not sure how i feel about the color of them though, well it is listed for $13000 with 31k on the odometer, and as far as the axels go even if it was a 35 im sure with a 4 inch lift and 33's i want to put on it, that wouldnt be enouigh stress where i would have to worry about it too much
hangten93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2005, 08:13 AM   #7
spinnjase

call me crazy, but i like the seats

J
spinnjase is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2005, 08:35 AM   #8
muddymoose

It is my understanding that X Jeeps don't have the D44 as an option. It was one of the features they ditched to bring the Sport price down. That said, I don't know if any of the special edition X models had a 44 as an option.
muddymoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2005, 09:25 AM   #9
JoonHoss
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinnjase
call me crazy, but i like the seats

J
Yep! that definately makes you crazy

a guy I work with was looking at a blue one to buy, and described the seat color to me as:

" hey, have you ever burnt velveeta?"

I definately think the seats look better in the silver and black.

Don't mind me, I'm just another FNG around here...
JoonHoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2005, 09:30 AM   #10
John M.

I have a silver 02 apex edition. I have the orange like color seats (they hide GA red caly very good) and the seven speaker sound system. I got mine used for a little over 14k with 25,000 mile on it. The first ting I did was take off that ugly hood decal and pinstripes. As far as I know they all have D35's and 3.07 gears. The seats are really comfy but get very hot in the summer. The chrome wheels are ugly. That is my only complaint it the wheels just through off the whole look. But I will have some new ones in OCT and a 2" BB so all will be good soon. The thing that sold me on the apex was the seats and the sub in the center console. But with jeep's employee pricing with cash back you can find a better jeep and pay less than me. With the APR I got I will end up paying close to 17k. But I am happy with it.
John M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2005, 09:33 AM   #11
jeephreak

I had an 02 apex before I went to the Willys, It was ok, it was my first TJ and my first auto as well as my first 6 cylinder, I wheeled the crap out of it stock, and decided I wanted a D44, I went with the Willys b/c it was so cool looking (but still lacked a d44). So I then upgraded to a rubicon.

They arent bad, after all its a jeep...I just threw some seat covers over the tan cow hide seats and away I went. If you are going to wheel it...most people will tell you to try and find a D44, other wise, it'll be just fine.

MY RIG

r.i.p. Cap'n Crunch
jeephreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2005, 09:48 AM   #12
TQ_xvi
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddymoose
It is my understanding that X Jeeps don't have the D44 as an option. It was one of the features they ditched to bring the Sport price down. That said, I don't know if any of the special edition X models had a 44 as an option.
You're right that the base model X does not have a Dana 44

The RME version has an upgraded axle, and tt seemes that some of the packages with the nifty names tend to have that as an option from what I've seen and read.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.