Anyone use Dynomax Muffler - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Anyone use Dynomax Muffler

Currie Antirock, Currectlync & Lift Kits on Sale!Oconee Off-Road Free Shipping Lifts Tires Bumpers Tops andIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 02-27-2007, 04:08 PM   #1
tmwoodall
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Anyone use Dynomax Muffler

Looking at Dynomax super series, just wondering if anyone has it? Like, Love, Hate it?

tmwoodall is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-27-2007, 04:12 PM   #2
DVS TJ

I'm running the full Dynomax cat back system through a set of Pacestter heads and Magnaflow high flow cat. I like it, it's not to loud and has a nice tone now that the headers and cat are on. Just waiting to rip it off while wheeling to put a Magnaflow on there.

[FONT="Century Gothic"][COLOR="Cyan"]1998 TJ, 2.5" Skyjacker spacer lift, Rugged Ridge front bumper, S&B Intake, Poweraid TB spacer, Pacesetter Headers, Magnaflow cat and Dynomax exhaust. 31x10.5r15 Pro Comp Xtreme AT's on black Cragar Soft 8 15x8. Rockcrushers on the 30/35. RE hand throttle
[/COLOR][/FONT]

[QUOTE=FLATFENDER54]Arguing on the computer/internet is like the special olympics ................. even if you win your still retarded

[/QUOTE]

[FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]It's a Jeep thing, wait...what? I couldn't hear you![/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Blue"]I wave too[/COLOR][/FONT]
DVS TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-27-2007, 05:20 PM   #3
BlueFlame
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I have the cat back. Love it. Not too loud.
BlueFlame is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-27-2007, 05:23 PM   #4
cb19950
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueFlame
I have the cat back. Love it. Not too loud.
X2 can deff tell a difference than stock...wish is it was a little louder tho

When we do right, no one remembers. When we do wrong, no one forgets.
cb19950 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-28-2007, 07:50 AM   #5
metalkid

Although it's a little different application, I have a full DynoMax Cat Back system, w/stainless pipes from the manifolds back on my '78 Silver Anniversary Corvette, and I totaly love it! Gives the car a deep throaty sound that I get lot's of compliments on. My HP (or at least the seat of the pants acceleration factor) went way up when I added the DynoMax super Turbo Mufflers, and went even higher when I installed a high flow catalytic converter. I probably gained 30 HP by replacing the restrictive stock system.

Very quiet on the freeway.

Plus, I also get the added ablility to set off peoples car alarms in a parking garage, while just idling around. The resonant frequency seems to be perfect for remote activation of motion sensor alarms.
metalkid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-28-2007, 08:04 AM   #6
shaggy105
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I have the cat-back system also... I like it
Rusty's front and rear bumpers
Poison spider rockers
shaggy105 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-28-2007, 10:44 AM   #7
yellowismellow
rubber duck sicko!

2006 TJ Wrangler 

this is my favorite catback so far.
Unread 04-08-2007, 03:44 PM   #8
pendleton
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I am thinking of getting the cat back in the next couple of weeks. Where is the best place to buy it? I've basically only seen it in Jegs and Summit, but is there some other place I'm missing?
pendleton is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-08-2007, 03:47 PM   #9
atxTJ99
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I didnt like the dynomax, after a few months my exit tube broke off from the muffler and rattled like crazy, i switched to magnaflow and it has a much better sound
atxTJ99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-08-2007, 04:13 PM   #10
pendleton
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxTJ99
I didnt like the dynomax, after a few months my exit tube broke off from the muffler and rattled like crazy, i switched to magnaflow and it has a much better sound
$Cha-Ching$! The magnaflow cat back is pricey, but I'm not sure on the individual mufflers. What about the dynomax sound was not appealing? I personally am looking for a nice mellow growl at idle and low RPM's, and not too much louder than stock. The Dynomax, from all I have read, seems to fit this bill. And the price fits too.
pendleton is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-08-2007, 05:40 PM   #11
rmb2485
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pendleton
I am thinking of getting the cat back in the next couple of weeks. Where is the best place to buy it? I've basically only seen it in Jegs and Summit, but is there some other place I'm missing?
http://www.a-1performance.com/

they have an ultra-flow alumanized cat back kit for the 4L for like $170
rmb2485 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.