anyone tried the clayton stretch kit or a custom stretch setup - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > anyone tried the clayton stretch kit or a custom stretch setup

New Vendor - ARTEC Industries Battery MountsComplete Axle Options Expanded !!!! ECGSNEW Smittybilt Gen 2 9.5 winch at JeepHut.com

Unread 02-01-2007, 10:44 AM   #1
bluejeep2088

anyone tried the clayton stretch kit or a custom stretch setup

how did you like it, hard install? website doesnt provide any info on intstall. im trying decide if i want to get it or try something custom, and to those that tried something different what did you do.

And what major mods are required for it, i know fender and frame modification, relocate gas tank, suspension(obviously) , lengthen driveshaft. Any other major things im missing?

99TJ, 3.5 RE,33x12.5 bfg mts, ford 8.8 and dana 30 with 4.56 gears, rhino lined tub, IPF head lights, AFE cold air intake, TB spacer, catch all floor mats, sound system to block out the loud *** tires, 2 piece hardtop, brown dog 1" mm lift
bluejeep2088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2007, 07:49 PM   #2
bluejeep2088

no one tried it out or stretched there jeep?
99TJ, 3.5 RE,33x12.5 bfg mts, ford 8.8 and dana 30 with 4.56 gears, rhino lined tub, IPF head lights, AFE cold air intake, TB spacer, catch all floor mats, sound system to block out the loud *** tires, 2 piece hardtop, brown dog 1" mm lift
bluejeep2088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2007, 07:52 PM   #3
smokinsilverrt
1997 TJ Wrangler 

i have a bunch of people who run the clayton kits.there well worth the money the only good part is were only a few hours away so he welded it all in. but as for a streach the tank has to be moved and new driveshaft. like you said probably shock mounting
Unread 02-01-2007, 07:53 PM   #4
ONX
1986 XJ Cherokee 

I will be stretchin my jeep this summer till then....no

Originally Posted by urbanassault
And for The sake of humanity, don't pick your nose while driving, if the airbag deploys it will jam your figer up you nose killing you instantly!
ONX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2007, 07:56 PM   #5
JeepRocks86
Some Call me RockDog

2003 TJ Wrangler 

The Nth Stretch kit is amazing. One of the owners of a local shop is putting it on his TJ. they tried to convince me to buy one for mine (good buddy is the other owner) but I went with the standard clayton arms instead.

The Nth kit comes with everything you would possibly need well that's waht they say. 40+ hours for a shop to install.

Here's a link to a current JF stretch

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/time-stretch-buildup-thread-348220/
My TJ Build Thread.
www.kifourwheelers.com
For Sale:
TJ Rear Dana 44 shaftsfor sale
3 11"& 2 13" BBCS shocks

JeepRocks86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2007, 08:04 PM   #6
ONX
1986 XJ Cherokee 

If its from Nth its gonna be top notch definatly one of the highest quality lifts out there one I am proud to sell.

Originally Posted by urbanassault
And for The sake of humanity, don't pick your nose while driving, if the airbag deploys it will jam your figer up you nose killing you instantly!
ONX is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.