Anyone know where I can get a blank rocker switch bezel/panel? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Anyone know where I can get a blank rocker switch bezel/panel?

Flowmaster Overstock: Special Holiday Pricing!!!!RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!

Unread 08-07-2014, 07:21 AM   #1
D0T-C0M
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Anyone know where I can get a blank rocker switch bezel/panel?

Been looking online for a 4 or 5 switch bezel to install my rocker switches in for my new lights. I've found some but they are crazy with the prices. I already have the rocker switches, all I want is a blank bezel/panel to attached under my dash somewhere on my TJ. Anyone know of a supplier that has reasonable prices and ships to Canada?

D0T-C0M is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-07-2014, 07:36 AM   #2
esad_b
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Ever think about doing a second switch bezel mod to your TJ?

As this guide here.. http://dailydriventj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=674

And I even have my old switch bezel for sale.. as I ugraded my Dash trim to the newer 4 slot one.
--- 2.5L | 5SPD | 31" Goodyear Authority A/T | Ramsey 8000 Winch | Rubicon Rocker Guards ---
My Progress Page
esad_b is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-07-2014, 07:49 AM   #3
D0T-C0M
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Hey that's very cool thanks so much for the link. I'll have to check if I can manage with only 3 extra switches. I need one for my reverse lights, one for the HID spot lights, Led Lightbar, and later I want to add lower windshield lights and later an onboard compressor. Maybe I can combine my ledbar and hids spots into one. Do you have any info on the newer 4 slot one? Your in Fredericton, I'm from Tracadie small world. PM me what you want for the old bezel if you don't mind.
Unread 08-07-2014, 07:54 AM   #4
esad_b
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by D0T-C0M View Post
Hey that's very cool thanks so much for the link. I'll have to check if I can manage with only 3 extra switches. I need one for my reverse lights, one for the HID spot lights, Led Lightbar, and later I want to add lower windshield lights and later an onboard compressor. Maybe I can combine my ledbar and hids spots into one. Do you have any info on the newer 4 slot one? Your in Fredericton, I'm from Tracadie small world. PM me what you want for the old bezel if you don't mind.
LOL! Another NBer! Hello there! I didn't even notice, and yes a very small world - and you were asking for cheap shipping wouldn't get cheaper than this

Yah the 4 slot switch bezel is part of the 03+ TJ's

It's basically this here, however to use that you would need a new Dash bezel with the round opening as well. All it does is you get 4 switch locations, and the ashtray part turns into just this square (see on the right).
--- 2.5L | 5SPD | 31" Goodyear Authority A/T | Ramsey 8000 Winch | Rubicon Rocker Guards ---
My Progress Page
esad_b is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-07-2014, 08:18 AM   #5
XTRyan
ExtremeTerrain.com

2012 JK Wrangler 

I did the dual factory switch panel mod first, but didn't love the outcome, plus I needed a place for my air pressure gauge. I ended up getting creative with fiberglass and made this:

It's far from perfect but it works really well. I ended up with room for 5 switches, my air pressure gauge, the cigarette lighter, a safety switch so my locker doesn't get turned on accidentally and two indicator lights, one for the locker safety and the other for the alarm.

I don't know of one that you can purchase that fits your description except for the expensive ones you're referring to. Let me know if you have any questions about my set up. Good Luck!

-Ryan
EARN UP TO $200 TOWARD YOUR NEXT PURCHASE!
PM me for our JeepForum Discount Code (must have 25 posts) or Price-Matching!
GET YOUR FREE JEEP PARTS CATALOG!
XTRyan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-07-2014, 11:20 AM   #6
JeepUke1
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Make Your Own

Hi,

I was wondering how I was going to get enough switches and meters in my TJ, and decided to replace the ashtray with a custom made panel which would fit over the void.

The first thing was to cut out a blank, then bend it to the same curve as the edge of the ashtray. I decided to install a digital voltmeter to monitor my second battery, with a toggle switch to allow me to see the voltage on the main battery as well. An led light confirms which battery I'm looking at.
Below this I have mounted 4 illuminated toggle switches which run the fog lights, main VHF radio power, interior / exterior lights. This is in addition to the single illuminated square switch I had put in for my tracking radio some time ago.

That "Fuel Shutoff" handle had been salvaged from a crashed airplane and mounted onto the cigarette lighter for a handle. (I like the look, too)
I edited the picture to show what the voltmeter looks like when it's illuminated, as the flash blanked it out even when it was on. These guys are about $4 on eBay.
There should be enough room to mount another set of 4 switches below the first row if you need that many!
switch-blank.jpg   switch-installed.jpg  
JeepUke1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-07-2014, 11:27 AM   #7
D0T-C0M
2002 TJ Wrangler 

So many good ideas. I appreciate all the feedback guys.
Unread 08-07-2014, 03:00 PM   #8
tkfx
2004 LJ Wrangler 

I think this is what you might be looking for. If you navigate the site you can find that same bezel bracket with only 3 slots instead of 6.

http://www.otrattw.com/proddetail.php?prod=VM6-01
Unread 08-07-2014, 03:25 PM   #9
mclaggan123
jeepaholic

2006 LJ Wrangler 

I went with an SPOD. It was more than enough switches and an air gauge. I'm not using the air gauge yet but I will.

2006 Rubicon unlimited, silver. 5.5" long arm lift. 35" BFG KM2's on 15" black steelies. skidrow steering skid and radiator skid . LOD rear bumper with tire carrier. Flowmaster 44 exhaust. .CB with tuffy Overhead storage . Offroad lights in bumpers front and rear plus 2 more on the winch hoop.
mclaggan123 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-07-2014, 04:19 PM   #10
LeeMasterGT
2006 TJ Wrangler 

You could have someone design the bezel to your specs in a 3D CAD program and have it machined locally. It would be exactly what you want, and would either be comparable in price to the vendor, or could be cheaper. PM me some simple dimensions and I could design one for you that you could take to a company to have machined out of your choice of material.
Unread 08-19-2014, 09:53 AM   #11
D0T-C0M
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Well I need at least 6 switch bezel,

Power Source Select - To have the lights (except reverse lights) able to run off ignition switch power or controlled from the high beams
Roof LED Light Bar
Bumper Lights
Windshield Lights
Reverse Lights
Radiator Fan AUTO/MAN

Trying to figure out a nice spot to put them but the only place I can see is under the steering wheel. Decisions decisions
Unread 08-19-2014, 03:46 PM   #12
raif281
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I was thinking about making my own with about 6 switches a gauge size hole for down the road and also incorporating the factory cig outlet charger thingy plus maybe an USB outlet to use for phone charging instead or grabbing the plug in thing you just plus the USB into it and your set.
raif281 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-29-2014, 07:38 AM   #13
D0T-C0M
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Ok I fabricated my own based on a design by WaterDog on the wrangler forums. I haven't got all my switches installed yet but here is what the bezel looks like.

Unread 10-18-2014, 02:13 AM   #14
SpeedJeep
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by D0T-C0M View Post
Ok I fabricated my own based on a design by WaterDog on the wrangler forums. I haven't got all my switches installed yet but here is what the bezel looks like.

Where did you get that panel?
Unread 10-18-2014, 11:25 AM   #15
D0T-C0M
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I made it

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.