Anyone have a snowblower ON their TJ (or other jeep)? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Anyone have a snowblower ON their TJ (or other jeep)?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineVisit 1aauto.com For ShockTober Deals on Monroe shocks andAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 02-16-2007, 07:40 AM   #1
jsmorris
Director of Philosophy

Anyone have a snowblower ON their TJ (or other jeep)?

I'm looking for information on mounting a snowblower (6-7 ft) on a TJ or other Jeep. I have not found any information on this site or much elsewhere on the internet. I know you can mount a snowblower on the front of a 3/4T truck with the right transmissions hydraulic (I think...?) outputs.

What do you all think? Are there trannies out there with this output (hydraulic or PTO)?

'89 Grand Wagoneer
jsmorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2007, 08:10 AM   #2
Tj_Justin
1998 TJ Wrangler 

If you currently own a snow blower. your simply a roll of duct tape from mounting it to your jeep.

Gotta love the kentucky concrete
Tj_Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2007, 08:11 AM   #3
jzmtl
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Don't think it's heavy duty enough to do it. I remember somewhere DC saying don't mount anything like a plow or such on.
jzmtl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2007, 08:16 AM   #4
Crashnburn80
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzmtl
Don't think it's heavy duty enough to do it. I remember somewhere DC saying don't mount anything like a plow or such on.
DC offers a plow for the TJ, made by Mopar.
Crashnburn80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2007, 08:37 AM   #5
jzmtl
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashnburn80
Hmm, I definately have read on an official DC publication (not sure if it was owner's manual) that says don't do it.
Unread 02-16-2007, 08:43 AM   #6
Tj_Justin
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I just know its very very hard on em. If you want to plow and whatnot, dont put your investment in harms way.

I know people who have bought the truck and plow for 1500 still running.

Usually 800 for a cheap plow so the seven is to keep your TJ up on the hills your beater truck will plow.

I know your just curiose and i lack links to facts about this. But it is very hard on their frame, tranny, and i would assume possibly the axels
Tj_Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2007, 09:14 AM   #7
99TJMark
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tj_Justin
I just know its very very hard on em. If you want to plow and whatnot, dont put your investment in harms way.

I know people who have bought the truck and plow for 1500 still running.

Usually 800 for a cheap plow so the seven is to keep your TJ up on the hills your beater truck will plow.

I know your just curiose and i lack links to facts about this. But it is very hard on their frame, tranny, and i would assume possibly the axels
It's only hard on everything if it will be used for commercial plowing, i.e. doing parking lots. If you're only doing your own drive and for your friends it's no problem, also a quality plow has springs that will fold the plow down if you take on too much snow, prevents vehicle damage.

A couple swipes to clean out your driveway vs. hours walking behind a snowblower is worth it. It's a fact that Mopar offers plow kits for some Jeep models. I believe that the first SWB Jeeps to not be recommended by DCX for plowing are the new JK's.
99TJMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2007, 11:07 AM   #8
jsmorris
Director of Philosophy

Folks, I appreciate your responses and initiative. I want to know if someone did it, how did they do it, what did they use, what were the results, the cost, the ups and downs, etc. Also, don't care about plows ......just blowers.

'89 Grand Wagoneer
Unread 02-16-2007, 11:10 AM   #9
Rocky529
Jeep

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashnburn80
I read that it is no longer offered.

Silver Metallic finish with black dual tops - Dana 44 Rear
2.25" Suspension Lift with Old Man Emu Shocks
Performance Accessories 1" Body Lift
Daystar 1" Motor Mount Lift
Spidertrax 1.25" Wheel Spacers - 32"x11.5" MT/R Tires
Rocky529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2007, 11:18 AM   #10
RockRunner85
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I've never seen a snow blower on the front of a vehicle. Its not economical as you would have to be crawling for it to through the snow. With a plow you can quickly move the snow.

RE 3.5 SuperFlex & Front Trackbar / JKS 1.25" BL & MML / 35x12.5 MTRs on 15x8 AR-23s / Currie Anti-Rock / Jeeperman Bumpers / Rokmen Sliders / York OBA / Harbor Freight 8k Winch
RockRunner85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2007, 11:31 AM   #11
jzmtl
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockRunner85
I've never seen a snow blower on the front of a vehicle. Its not economical as you would have to be crawling for it to through the snow. With a plow you can quickly move the snow.
Here they have it, but it's a vehicle built for that with complete hydrolic and the shebang to control it.
Unread 02-16-2007, 11:43 AM   #12
BNovak

In theory you could get a blower that was built for a tractor but you need to address the issue of the PTO.

There's this little guy that I found that has the engine mounted directly to it, but it's only about 4 feet wide

http://www.jimsrepairjimstractors.co...snowblower.htm

If you had an OLD jeep, like a CJ-3 or similar, some of them actually had the PTO point on the front end for farm use. That would make it a lot easier!

As for could the vehicle handle it - sure - as long as you had heavier or longer springs in the front end to offset the weight (500+#'s) It would actually be easier on the frame of the vehicle to have a snowblower rather than a plow since the blower would use it's own moment of energy to move the snow, rather than using the MOE of the vehicle. Think of it like shoveling snow versus using a snowblower. Which one is easier on you? (But again this is only true if the blower is self supporting or the vehicle was modified to manage the extra front end weight)
Unread 02-16-2007, 11:48 AM   #13
BNovak

Here ya go.

$8K.

http://www.allwebdiscounts.com/snowblower_01.php
Unread 02-16-2007, 01:43 PM   #14
LJ Dave
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tj_Justin
If you currently own a snow blower. your simply a roll of duct tape from mounting it to your jeep.

Gotta love the kentucky concrete
A true Red Green fan speaks up... Great reply.

Dave
LJ Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2007, 02:02 PM   #15
jsmorris
Director of Philosophy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNovak
Thanks, that's exactly what I want.

'89 Grand Wagoneer

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.