anyone have JeepTubes.com tube doors - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > anyone have JeepTubes.com tube doors

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15”/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 06-17-2008, 05:53 PM   #1
TJ_with_Tusks

anyone have JeepTubes.com tube doors

anyone installed these tube doors?

http://jeeptubes.com/Doors.html

This site cuts and bends all tubes for tube doors, stingers, fenders... and lets you weld and install.

wondering how much of a pain in the butt it is to fit this doors.

33" BFG AT's, OME HD lift, front airbag suspension, teralow 4:1 kit & supershort shaft kit, TW CV shaft, 4.10 gears, JKS body lift, track bars and quicker disconects, Warn 9.5ti, warn front bumper, garvin wilderness rack, and solid cast aluminum tusks,
TJ_with_Tusks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2008, 06:07 PM   #2
bman9089
2005 TJ Wrangler 

That's odd. Sounds like all they do is sell you tubes and let you make the doors.

"The American Republic will endure, until politicians realize they can bribe the people with their own money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville

“Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it” -- Mark Twain

† Christian Jeep Club †
Romans 12:5 | 1 Peter 3:15 | Matthew 9:37-38
bman9089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2008, 06:57 PM   #3
MillerTimeTJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

i actually bought a stinger from jeeptubes.com

i cant remmeber the guys name but he was awesome and very receptive of my very specific requests and charged me very little for the job.

i basically wanted the warn grill guard extended into more of a stinger and he did it great for m.

so i guess ii know nothing about the doors, but know the company and had a good experience.
Unread 06-17-2008, 07:09 PM   #4
ice blue
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I have been looking at them myself, it doesn't look like it would be to hard. the only thing I havent figured out a door latch yet. I am not sure if a regular hard or soft latch would work or not. It looks like they just used some round tube and bolts for the hinges.
ice blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2008, 07:46 PM   #5
ranger140892
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bman9089 View Post
That's odd. Sounds like all they do is sell you tubes and let you make the doors.
Exactly. Reduced liability.
ranger140892 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2008, 03:58 PM   #6
TJ_with_Tusks

yeah, they let you make to doors. thats the whole point. I dont have a bender so they bend and cut, then I make them. on $65 for the pair. i dont think its too bad. we'll see how they come out.

and I got a door latch from half steel doors, gonna try to use those. A lot better than a pin or whatever other people do .
33" BFG AT's, OME HD lift, front airbag suspension, teralow 4:1 kit & supershort shaft kit, TW CV shaft, 4.10 gears, JKS body lift, track bars and quicker disconects, Warn 9.5ti, warn front bumper, garvin wilderness rack, and solid cast aluminum tusks,
TJ_with_Tusks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2008, 08:06 PM   #7
irondan
2005 LJ Wrangler 

That is actually a pretty good deal. They eliminate trial and error for 1st time tube door benders. With the price of steel you can't make too many mistakes.
irondan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2008, 09:04 PM   #8
ranger140892
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I'm interested in hearing from a few people after they weld these up. My age and experience in breaking ***** tells me they won't work well. Without a jig to hold everything in place the success rate is probably low.

If you can weld thin wall tubing, you're probably capable of measuring and bending the tubing yourself. Bending steel tubing ain't that hard. .065" wall thickness tubing can be easily bent with a hand operated bender. Fill the tubing with sand and it bends nicely.
ranger140892 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2012, 11:22 PM   #9
Jeeptuber
2002 TJ Wrangler 

We use 1.25x.120 wall thickness on our tube doors, so no you can not use a hand bender to bend the tubing.

Thanks
Tim
Jeeptuber is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.