anyone have frame mount rear shackle tabs? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > anyone have frame mount rear shackle tabs?

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 06-09-2010, 10:29 PM   #1
aalbinger
Flatlander

1998 TJ Wrangler 

anyone have frame mount rear shackle tabs?

My TJ still has a stock bumper. Can't quite afford a new one just yet. The PO installed a class 1 hitch back there and for now it holds my bike rack just fine.

I've seen the Stu-Offroad install of standard tow hooks but I'm not terribly enthused about how the sit/look. Additionally I'd probably have to remove my hitch to install the tow hooks properly.

I was thinking about having some 1/2" thick shackle tabs drilled to mount on those same holes in the rear such that I could leave the stock bumper and my wimpy hitch on there for now and still have two shackle attachment points just below the stock bumper for recovery.

Has anyone already done this and have pics or is there a commercial product ready to go?

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.