anyone got the Rough Country 4 inch lift?? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > anyone got the Rough Country 4 inch lift??

CurrieSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 03-07-2007, 06:04 PM   #1
hiram
2005 TJ Wrangler 

anyone got the Rough Country 4 inch lift??

hey everyone. saw this lift in a 4x4 magazine today and then i see and ad right now before posting this thread. its under 600 and at this price it looks like a steal. anyone have it or want to share their experiences with it? thanks in advance

cheers

hiram

hiram is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-07-2007, 07:23 PM   #2
yellowismellow
rubber duck sicko!

2006 TJ Wrangler 

good product for the most part. the trackbar bracket on the rear axle broke on mine, but i jsut welded it back into place. also, shocks are a "little" stiff. other than that, its a pretty good kit. im changing the shocks and sway links this summer.
Unread 03-07-2007, 08:28 PM   #3
BaddAndy
2013 JK Wrangler 

Rear springs are too stiff and sit at about 6", I reinstalled the stock rear control arms and put the stock front springs in the rear. Much better, even front to rear
BaddAndy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-07-2007, 08:58 PM   #4
bblhead
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I just "fixed" my 97's small tires and low suspension with Rough Country's 4" X-Series. It rides rough, but I still haven't broken it in yet.

I looked at the Series 2 lift and it didn't have everything that I wanted. The X-series has more features for only a few hundred more. I think that's its worth it.

Now I just have to "Fix" the axles.

Ben
bblhead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-07-2007, 09:08 PM   #5
jakeruner
1985 CJ7 

i got a 4 inch used and it has room for bigger than 33's if u bump stop it right, i dont have the shock i have the rancho adj on mine.... thank u ebay for it all, and i got it all for under $200
jakeruner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-07-2007, 09:43 PM   #6
rockrawler4.0

You might check out the Teraflex 3T. You can get it for about $560 shipped with Rancho RS5000's from sam's offroad in Tulsa. The site is http://www.sams4x4store.com/index.html. The ride is better than stock and I love the flex I get with this kit.

http://www.gtibifuel.com
rockrawler4.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-07-2007, 11:04 PM   #7
rockrunner
2005 LJ Wrangler 

yeah i just put the 4in x-series on and love it the front and rear trackbar brackets were a bit of a well pita but for a grand i love it
2005 Black LJ 4.0/ Rough Country 4" X-series/35" BFG KM2s/Flat Fendered/Cragar 342 15X8/Herculined/Rusty’s Engine Skid/Edge Trail Jammer/Banks Monster Exhaust/Crown SS Brake lines/JKS Quicker Disco’s/BestTop Bikini Top/LoD Xtreme Duty Bumper w/TC/PSC Rocker Knockers/Riddler Diff Covers
Dana 30/44 4.88's and Detroits F&R Chrome won't get you home
2003 Patriot Blue KJ/ 235/70R16 BFG A/T's/Boiler 3/8in Strut Spacers/K&N DropIn/FM 50
rockrunner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-07-2007, 11:30 PM   #8
MRemp

i just put my 4 inch rough country series II lift on my TJ, and everything came out great it doesnt ride to bad at all a lil rough, but i rode in my firneds 4 inch rubicon express lift and it was about the same mines only alil bit rougher, bu it like it a lot, if u want to see pics PM me and ill email you some.
MRemp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-07-2007, 11:41 PM   #9
Beefstew
Jub Jub

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Yes i have one... it has done the job so far..., I recomend it, its cheap and works...

personally I really enjoy the bumpy ride...
Beefstew is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-08-2007, 09:58 AM   #10
jeepnurse

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakeruner
...and it has room for bigger than 33's if u bump stop it right
Mine easily cleared the 35" MTRs. I added JKS bl just because I like a lot of gap above the tires.

04TJ 4.0 rc 4" susp lift, jks 1.25" bl, 1" front spacers, brown dog mml, aa sye, tw ds, 35" mtrs, rock crawler front bumper, barnes 4x4 rear bumper and tire carrier, ar wheels, 8.8 with lockright, jeeperman sliders, warn m8000, jks quicker discos

95ZJ 4.0 rusty's 3" susp lift, 2" front spacers, 33" mtrs, addcos front and rear, black diamond front track bar, jks rear track bar, jks quicker discos, trimmed fenders

It just goes to show you can't always tell the depth of the well by the length of the handle on the pump.
jeepnurse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-08-2007, 06:55 PM   #11
hiram
2005 TJ Wrangler 

for 35's id have to regear correct?? ive got the D35
hiram is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-08-2007, 07:48 PM   #12
wcurleyq

I like mine. It rides great with the added weight of a tire carrier and a few other mods.

06 TJ / 4ltr / Auto / 4" Rough Country X / 5 33x12.5x15 M/T Baja MTZ / AA SYE / Tom Woods Shaft / Herculined Tub / Hand Throttle / OBA / AntiRock / Rusty's Crossover Steering / Rock Hard Bumper Carrier / Cheap high-lift jack / Fire Ext / CB
wcurleyq is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-08-2007, 07:50 PM   #13
1BadJeepX06
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcurleyq
I like mine. It rides great with the added weight of a tire carrier and a few other mods.

If that is really an "X" model did you upgrade your D35??

DH
Unread 03-08-2007, 07:59 PM   #14
gary_jeep_mud
1978 CJ7 

I have the rough country lift, for around 600 shipped, i love it, i also welded the front trackbar in place(death wobble is scary), the shocks suck, they are hard as a rock, but overall I love the lift, i am going to replace the shocks when it gets warmer out.
-Gary

I Wave, Do You????
gary_jeep_mud is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-08-2007, 08:05 PM   #15
wcurleyq

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BadJeepX06
If that is really an "X" model did you upgrade your D35??

DH
Not yet, but I have an 8.8 and a HP 30 in the basement waiting on funds for ARB's
06 TJ / 4ltr / Auto / 4" Rough Country X / 5 33x12.5x15 M/T Baja MTZ / AA SYE / Tom Woods Shaft / Herculined Tub / Hand Throttle / OBA / AntiRock / Rusty's Crossover Steering / Rock Hard Bumper Carrier / Cheap high-lift jack / Fire Ext / CB
wcurleyq is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.