Any Apex Edition owners out there? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Any Apex Edition owners out there?

Black Friday Sale!!FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 05-12-2005, 05:16 PM   #1
rbiem11

Any Apex Edition owners out there?

I have a silver '02 Apex Edition TJ and was wondering if any other owners out there are driving around with the large decal on the hood still. I was wondering if anyone has removed the stripes and Apex decal and how they did it, and if it left your hood look faded etc...i bought my TJ used in December and never cared for the decals. Since its an 02 do you guys think that you would be able to notice the difference in color when i take the decals off??? any other input would be appreciated.

Black soft top

....soon to have more stuff when i win powerball[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]
rbiem11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-12-2005, 05:20 PM   #2
JoonHoss
2011 JK Wrangler 

not directly related, but I removed all of the factory 'Sahara' . 'TJ', and '4.0' stickers from the sides of my black 97' in 2004, and after a good cleaning and waxing of the area, you could not tell.

I would think that the silver would fair even better.
as for the removal, search the threads, there are great explanations on how to do it, and it's fairly easy.

try this one
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...=remove+decals

(just curious...does your model have the, um, 'interesting' seat color option?)

Don't mind me, I'm just another FNG around here...
JoonHoss is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-12-2005, 05:26 PM   #3
Rubie Tuesday

Take a heat gun to the decals, then go over the existing glue with lacquer thinner. Afterwards, buff the hell out of your hood. It might not hurt to sand and buff it a little bit. That's what I do at work. I can't promise you that there won't be any marks, but if there are, they will fade. Plus a silver vehicle won't be as noticable.

Where did you find an Apex edition wrangler? I've heard of them (through the internet) but they are not common at all over here in western PA...
Rubie Tuesday is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-12-2005, 05:34 PM   #4
TQ_xvi
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I removed all the decals off mine using the "Fablulous Blaster Decal and Sticker Remover" (manufactured by B'Laster/B.C.C.I.). It's an aerosol application and it deteriorates the adhesives without damaging anything else.

It made simple work, let me assure you. I managed to remove the label off a fire extinguisher using it and the "trail rated' logo off the side of my TJ in less than 5 mins, so your hood decal could take 20 mins once you get the hang of it.

You can get this stuff at Advance Autoparts, Autozone or Strauss, etc

PS. It's biodegradable if that's a concern for you
TQ_xvi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-12-2005, 05:54 PM   #5
rbiem11

I got mine used at Laurel Toyota in Johnstown, PA. I had never even known there was an Apex Edition before i saw mine. At first glance i thought some idiot just put the decal on the hood, and almost caused me to not buy it in the first place. But the price was right, especially for an '02, and i couldnt pass it up. I had test driven a Patriot Edition before buying mine. Is a Patriot Edition also an X model? I didnt even realize until looking at the original window sticker in the glove box that it was an Apex Edition X Wrangler TJ (holy long name). Also yes mine came with the repulsive orangish sulfur color seats, first thing i bought was neopreme seat covers from jcw...lol. But i dont think it would be too noticable if i took the decal off since it is silver...I was washing and waxing my tj today and noticed that one of the stripes seemed to be chiped. I used my finger nail and realized it wouldnt be too rough to take them completly off. I personally think it would look much better....Thanks for the help!!!
Black soft top

....soon to have more stuff when i win powerball[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]
Unread 05-12-2005, 06:17 PM   #6
TQ_xvi
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I've never seen one, let alone heard of it... do you have any pictures/links that would educate the rest of us on your beauty?
Unread 05-12-2005, 07:04 PM   #7
Rubie Tuesday

Bring your jeep to my garage in summerhill, I'll take it off. Just bring a case of beer.
Rubie Tuesday is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-12-2005, 08:34 PM   #8
gmbtj

My friend that lives in Evansville Indiana has the Apex edition, and it is Patriot Blue. His came with the luxury seats too,(dont know if it is leather or vinyl). But his seats are a single color(black) with the white apex stitching and it is comfortable and is a great looking seat. His stickers are still on the hood, but i dont think it loks bad at all.
Gun Metal Blue Jeep Club Member #1
Low Output 4 Cylinder Jeep Club Member #1 (President)
1999 Four Banga Wrangla - NO MORE!!!! -Going in 4.6L Stroker - TF 727 - Dana 300 HD
Teraflex 3T w/ OME's on 32" BFG M/T's
AtoZ Yaffy Style rocker guards l Tuffy Series II Security Console l Zirgo "S-Blade" electric fan l PSC Trail corners w/ LED's l Hella 500's l Expensive Sound System
gmbtj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-12-2005, 09:10 PM   #9
rbiem11

lol id bring a case of natty ice but then i might not only lose the decals but the paint job too

...its not that i dont like the decals, its just that i would prefer it without them, tomorrow ill take the rest of them off i think.

and for those of you that dont know what the decals look like, check out the pic....
http://community.webshots.com/photo/...27351963yrhVyM
Black soft top

Unread 05-12-2005, 09:19 PM   #10
jonster
2014 JK Wrangler 

I got one!! Haven't taken the decals off though. I don't really notice them. The APEX came with a better sterio system and nicer seats. They are really made of tough material. Otherwise it is bright silver.
Unread 05-12-2005, 09:57 PM   #11
TQ_xvi
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbiem11
lol id bring a case of natty ice but then i might not only lose the decals but the paint job too

...its not that i dont like the decals, its just that i would prefer it without them, tomorrow ill take the rest of them off i think.

and for those of you that dont know what the decals look like, check out the pic....
http://community.webshots.com/photo/...27351963yrhVyM
Thanks for the pics... I can see why you want to get rid of them... probably don't want to be a billboard for someone's else products...

I would love for Jeep to offer full size hood decals of the Jeep Star, such as the one they have on the 04 Willys TJ. As far as decals go, those would be classy, IMO
Unread 05-13-2005, 10:09 AM   #12
JoonHoss
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:

I would love for Jeep to offer full size hood decals of the Jeep Star, such as the one they have on the 04 Willys TJ. As far as decals go, those would be classy, IMO
Have a sign or decal shop make some for you... something that simple should be fairly cheap (around $20-$30 set-up fee, and the same for printing)and easy to install.

print or take a pic of the small side one with you to show them, and get an approximate size.

a few others in the forum have shown interest in these, as well. you could probably sell of additional ones if you had them made to help recuop set-up costs.

Unread 05-13-2005, 10:28 AM   #13
TQ_xvi
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joonhoss71
Have a sign or decal shop make some for you... something that simple should be fairly cheap (around $20-$30 set-up fee, and the same for printing)and easy to install.

print or take a pic of the small side one with you to show them, and get an approximate size.

a few others in the forum have shown interest in these, as well. you could probably sell of additional ones if you had them made to help recuop set-up costs.

Certainly a good idea...

I was thinking along those lines actually.

I am sure that there are Forumgoers who have the Willys TJ who would provide the dimensions...

If I have them made, I probably will go for a several and gladly make them available to other Forum members...
Unread 05-13-2005, 11:23 AM   #14
spinnjase

anyone got a pic of the seats? if they're that nasty i've got to see em

J
spinnjase is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-13-2005, 11:34 AM   #15
JoonHoss
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinnjase
anyone got a pic of the seats? if they're that nasty i've got to see em

J
oh, you'll need to see them in person, preferably in the dark blue model.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.