Anti-Theft/Anti-Break In Protection - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Anti-Theft/Anti-Break In Protection

Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Savvy FREE SHIPPING!Artec Holiday Sale!

Unread 08-07-2007, 09:20 AM   #1
Eric_D
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Anti-Theft/Anti-Break In Protection

I've been thinking about putting an alarm on my Jeep. I didn't see any reveiws for alarms in the review section. Can anyone provide some recommendations? I saw that Mopar has one designed for Jeeps without electric door locks, but it seems a little pricy.

Eric_D is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-07-2007, 09:42 AM   #2
Unscathed
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Think of it this way...

1. If a thief wants something bad enough, they will take it..

2. If it isn't bolted down, They'll take it... if it is bolted down, see rule 1

3. If you want to keep it, you will remove it when you leave the jeep..

4. If it is important.. don't leave it in the jeep in the first place..

5. If you want to deter thieves.. get an alarm system and install 150+ decibel piezio horns in the jeep.. make em def while they are taking your stuff and get something that has a pager.

If you want to install Digital Video Recorders in your jeep... I can help you with that.. but it is spensive
(But these video recorders can be hooked up to wifi or cellular, take pictures of people that trigger an alarm and even upload the video/pictures to a computer)

The owner of Alljeep.com, Wayne Hartwig will work within your budget!!! He is very informative to anyone not knowing much about axle work and will meet or beat any competitor's advertised price on any specific product delivered to your door - even if he sells at cost!
Unscathed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-07-2007, 09:43 AM   #3
Rocky529
Jeep

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric_D
I've been thinking about putting an alarm on my Jeep. I didn't see any reveiws for alarms in the review section. Can anyone provide some recommendations? I saw that Mopar has one designed for Jeeps without electric door locks, but it seems a little pricy.
Get a Tuffy console and glovbox for starters. You can add an alarm if you'd like, I recommend Viper with a motion sensor.

Silver Metallic finish with black dual tops - Dana 44 Rear
2.25" Suspension Lift with Old Man Emu Shocks
Performance Accessories 1" Body Lift
Daystar 1" Motor Mount Lift
Spidertrax 1.25" Wheel Spacers - 32"x11.5" MT/R Tires
Rocky529 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-07-2007, 09:48 AM   #4
frankiefire702
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky529
Get a Tuffy console and glovbox for starters. You can add an alarm if you'd like, I recommend Viper with a motion sensor.
That's what I have. A tuffy console and viper with motion sensor and pager.
Unread 08-07-2007, 09:53 AM   #5
Eric_D
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky529
Which Viper model do you have? Did you add keyless entry?
Unread 08-07-2007, 10:00 AM   #6
frankiefire702
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I'm not positive which model I have. I do not have keyless entry though. Mine has the pager system which is great cause the remote lets you know whenever the alarm goes off or warns someone. I also added the motion sensor which will go off when the top is down or the doors are off if anyone tries to reach in the jeep. It is capable of remote start and remote entry if you wanted them though.
Unread 08-07-2007, 10:23 AM   #7
rljsrubicon
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Theft

I sort of agree with this poster.. I never lost anything in ten years of having an alarmed Jeep and assumed that I was in pretty good shape; until a professional just stole the whole Jeep.. Ron

QUOTE=Unscathed]Think of it this way...

1. If a thief wants something bad enough, they will take it..

2. If it isn't bolted down, They'll take it... if it is bolted down, see rule 1

3. If you want to keep it, you will remove it when you leave the jeep..

4. If it is important.. don't leave it in the jeep in the first place..

5. If you want to deter thieves.. get an alarm system and install 150+ decibel piezio horns in the jeep.. make em def while they are taking your stuff and get something that has a pager.

If you want to install Digital Video Recorders in your jeep... I can help you with that.. but it is spensive
(But these video recorders can be hooked up to wifi or cellular, take pictures of people that trigger an alarm and even upload the video/pictures to a computer)[/QUOTE]
rljsrubicon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-07-2007, 05:00 PM   #8
flatlander757
2003 TJ Wrangler 

In South Africa car theft and break ins are very common... this seems to work well:

http://www.cnn.com/WORLD/africa/9812...e.thrower.car/

Quote:
Casting a man-high fireball, reportedly with no damage to the paint, the Blaster has been placed on 25 South African vehicles since its introduction last month.

Make sure you watch the Video.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006 Sport
Being able to make vroom vroom noises in Tonys Jeep was the highlight of my life.
Currently Jeepless.
flatlander757 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-07-2007, 05:14 PM   #9
Rossta

That'll learn you real quick!

I use a simple alarm system in my jeep, I don't leave anything in it, I have the factory AM/FM Tape Deck, and I make sure the steering wheel locks when I turn the jeep off. So far, so good. Plus it's insured.
Rossta is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-07-2007, 06:29 PM   #10
Eric_D
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Who makes the one with the interior motion sensor?
Unread 08-07-2007, 07:19 PM   #11
dz1087
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I just gat a 'Club' today after a second attempt int 2 weeks of some idiot to steal my Jeep. I know its the same punk because the first time he broke open my console and got a spare key, but couldn't get it started. I've been taking my F/I fuse out every night, and I guess he tried again last night. So I went and got the club so maybe he would stop trying.

Air Force Jeep Club - Tail# JF037AD
'03 TJ Sport, Black on White, Stock. [[Gone]]
'99 XJ, Purple, Stock but with new wheels.

Running Doorless? Check your state's Mirror Laws!!
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f176/list-state-mirror-laws-565361/

There can be no fifty-fifty Americanism in this country. There is room here for only 100% Americanism, only for those who are Americans and nothing else.
Theodore Roosevelt
dz1087 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-07-2007, 07:57 PM   #12
fishhookTJ
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I found my glove box open about once every month until I put a Viper alarm on with the motion detector. If anyone walks near the jeep it starts beeping and the alarm will go off after about 10 seconds.

I don't know the model number but it was the Viper base unit with the motion detector upgrade sensor.
fishhookTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-07-2007, 07:58 PM   #13
fishhookTJ
1999 TJ Wrangler 

and I also use a Club.
fishhookTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-07-2007, 09:53 PM   #14
magsnubby
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I have the Viper 5002 with motion sensors, back up battery and remote pager on my jeep. I have the sensors set so if anyone gets within a foot (anymore than that and it goes off way to much) it chirps. Stick a body part inside and the alarm goes off. And i like the pager.

It's parked in a patroled parking garage at work and in my garage at night. So if anyone wants it they have to move my truck, the wife's Mustang, get past the dog, an AK47 and a Glock.
'94 YJ. Mostly stock. 4.0, 5 speed, Flowmaster Super 44, RE 4" lift, 5" RE greasable shackels, 2" BL, 1" MML, SYE & CV driveline, 35.12.50X15 BFG MT's, TJ seats, Tuffy console and glove box, Viper alarm, Best Top bikini top. Super 30 kit, front ARB locker, 4:56's, Smittybuilt XRC8 winch, Smittybuilt SRC bumper, Trail Gear rear bumper/tire carrier. KC Daylighters & KC fog lights. 8.8 with 4:56's
magsnubby is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-07-2007, 10:43 PM   #15
am3rican
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I have a security system that works great:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQJke...elated&search=

with that said...best security is a combination of cheap things, such as a starter relay from masterlock and some common sense such as not leaving anything valuable in the vehicle
am3rican is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.