anti-rock or bumper to smooth out ride - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > anti-rock or bumper to smooth out ride

Rubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at Oco

Unread 09-17-2011, 07:12 PM   #61
cmacclel
2004 TJ Wrangler 

It's funny I'm in the same situation as you where. Both my Buddies with 2005 Rubicons installed the OME HD kit both have some skids plus winches. One has roof rack and a 75lbs of tools in his cargo area...both have no back seats. The heavy Rubi rides noticeably better than the other and now mine which has nothing but a rear bumper and a chopped front bumper with side rock rails rides way rougher than theirs I was think of adding like you a front bumper / winch or now maybe an antirock. I just installed my lift yesterday so I'm hoping the springs break in and get a little softer.

Mac

cmacclel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2011, 10:33 AM   #62
jeepinhokie
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmacclel View Post
It's funny I'm in the same situation as you where. Both my Buddies with 2005 Rubicons installed the OME HD kit both have some skids plus winches. One has roof rack and a 75lbs of tools in his cargo area...both have no back seats. The heavy Rubi rides noticeably better than the other and now mine which has nothing but a rear bumper and a chopped front bumper with side rock rails rides way rougher than theirs I was think of adding like you a front bumper / winch or now maybe an antirock. I just installed my lift yesterday so I'm hoping the springs break in and get a little softer.

Mac
the springs will soften up a little, but not much. i think weight makes more of a difference than the AR, sadly. thats not to say i dont love the AR, but pound for pound as far a ride quality goes, my money is on sheer weight.

but weight adds other complications. so...

A Hokie build

check out my jeepin videos!
jeepinhokie is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2013, 07:45 PM   #63
bckarpman
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I know this is an old thread but FYI I was going to get the Old man Emu 2" HD lift and the salesmen at 4 Wheel told me I wouldn't be happy with HD go with the lighter lift.He told me he had countless complaints about the stiff ride .Only way maybe is if I planned to put a lot of weight on. My OME rides great but now looking to get a bumper and winch and worried how it will affect it.
bckarpman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2013, 08:00 PM   #64
jeepinhokie
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckarpman
I know this is an old thread but FYI I was going to get the Old man Emu 2" HD lift and the salesmen at 4 Wheel told me I wouldn't be happy with HD go with the lighter lift.He told me he had countless complaints about the stiff ride .Only way maybe is if I planned to put a lot of weight on. My OME rides great but now looking to get a bumper and winch and worried how it will affect it.
You can always add a 3/4" spacer lift to counteract the weight of the bumper and winch.

What size tires are you running?

For someone looking for a light jeep and good on road handling I think the lighter OME is a good fit. I needed the most lift out of the springs as I could get for my wheeling style and future plans.

A Hokie build

Unread 03-07-2013, 03:49 PM   #65
bckarpman
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I have 33's I like the OME I was thinking of a Hanson or a Savvy to keep it light. But I like dealing with 4 Wheel Parts and that is exactly what they said about the spacer if needed. Still not sure about the bumper and how much $$$ to spend on a winch.
bckarpman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2013, 04:13 PM   #66
jeepinhokie
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckarpman
I have 33's I like the OME I was thinking of a Hanson or a Savvy to keep it light. But I like dealing with 4 Wheel Parts and that is exactly what they said about the spacer if needed. Still not sure about the bumper and how much $$$ to spend on a winch.
My VR8000 has held up well for its first year of life. Probably has a dozen uses. $370 if I remember correctly. Had some rebate at the time. A winch is almost a necessity with the group I wheel with.

Hansen stuff looks nice in the ads. But it seems way over prices when compared to others. Companies that sell in the big magazines have a lot of marketing expenses. And they add that cost into the products they produce. Some of the companies that don't market as much actually sell top if the line stuff for decent prices.

Quadratic gives free ground shopping if you call and tell them you are part of the forum. Not 4wp but it might save you some money.

A Hokie build

Unread 03-07-2013, 04:54 PM   #67
GMBNT42
Web Wheeler
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckarpman View Post
If you have an LJ, I would go with the 2933/2942 spring combo with the standard nitrocharger shocks, especially if a winch/bumper is in your future.
GMBNT42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2013, 05:56 PM   #68
joe_jeep
2005 LJ Wrangler 

do you know the actual spring rates of the 2933/2942 combo?
glfwda #6624
2005 rubicon sahara lj #592
joe_jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2013, 06:15 PM   #69
GMBNT42
Web Wheeler
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe_jeep View Post
do you know the actual spring rates of the 2933/2942 combo?
140 F/160 R........basically scaled to the LJ 129AB/105aa factory spring set, cept taller and with the expectance to generally use a modest amount more weight vs. stock.
GMBNT42 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.