anti-rock or bumper to smooth out ride - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > anti-rock or bumper to smooth out ride

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 01-14-2011, 03:21 PM   #31
stlbluerubicon
2005 TJ Wrangler 

My 2 cents. With the set up you are running you have zero need for an anti-rock. I would get different springs and/ or shocks, after researching them. Anti-rock shouldn't be an upgrade to make your jeep perform better ON road by any means. Most people tolerate that anti-rock on road because they like if offroad.

stlbluerubicon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-14-2011, 03:54 PM   #32
wushaw
Rockin jeep

2000 TJ Wrangler 

I have anti-rock ft. & back, I don't have the roll on road like everybody talks about but it could be because of shocks, LA suspension or wider width differentials.
I really don't know what the OP shoud get besides maybe save up a little and get both bumper & anti-rock.
wushaw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-14-2011, 04:03 PM   #33
lupinsea
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Weight will creep up on your Jeep as you do add things. If it were me I wouldn't necessarily be looking to add heavier stuff just to smooth out the ride. My goal would be to get the equipment I want with the functionality I want at the lowest weight I could afford and then tune the suspension to fit that. Rather than simply adding heavy stuff to match the suspension.

For example.

I'd rather add a Savvy light weight bumper instead of a heavy steel bumper. Comparable performance but the light weight AL Savvy bumper will help the big picture more than adding 40 lb. of steel up front with a steel bumper. IF this mean different springs then so bit it. Keeping the weight down on our Jeeps will put less stress on components and help them perform better and last longer.

If the ride isn't clobbering you now then I'd be patient but I wouldn't add weight for the sake of adding weight. Does that make sense?
Unread 02-23-2011, 04:46 PM   #34
DeesTJ
2000 TJ Wrangler 

bump

Anti-Rock.

I have the OME on my TJ. Same deal. Bought it with the expectation (4 years ago) that i'd be armoring up and on 35's by now. Hasn't happened so I recently picked up a pair of the Light Duty Rear Springs and swapped out the HD springs (hanging on to them so i can re-install for bigger offroading trips loaded with gear or handle the 35's eventually )

The Lighter springs really didn't help much. A little, but not much. I paid 50 bucks for them and i am happy, though if i paid the 150+ or whatever they are from a shop i'd probably be disappointed.

Tire Pressure is really key on my jeep. when i get the tire pressure just right the suspension eats up the bumps it should and the jeep stays planted on the road and sways less than if the pressure is too low.

I have been driving without a front anti-sway bar to see if the ride is improved. It certainly seems to help. I'm thinking the AR is going to be my next upgrade.

Goodluck with your choice!
Unread 02-23-2011, 05:32 PM   #35
njmjeep
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I noticed an imediate improvement after putting on my AR. It's a win/win.

~Nick~
njmjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-30-2011, 11:51 AM   #36
jeepinhokie
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

just an update,

got a small bonus check from work today. anyone want to talk me out of getting the AR in favor of something else?

A Hokie build

check out my jeepin videos!
jeepinhokie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-30-2011, 01:23 PM   #37
hustler905
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Why would I do that? The Anti Rock is a great product.
hustler905 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-30-2011, 01:53 PM   #38
Fropleyqk
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepinhokie View Post
just an update,

got a small bonus check from work today. anyone want to talk me out of getting the AR in favor of something else?
Yup, buy one for me instead.
Unread 03-30-2011, 03:13 PM   #39
Gary2
2005 TJ Wrangler 

After talking it up this long, I'd think not having bought it by now their would be nothing anyone could say to stop you .
Gary2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-30-2011, 04:29 PM   #40
ROLLTIDEtj
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I'd say antirock FTW, I can't wait till I have the money for one! If you really have to question if the insanely stiff front sway bar diminishes ride quality, disconnect it and spend some time driving on rough roads. An antirock isn't going to turn your jeep into a caddy, but it will certainly help from jarring your around on rougher roads.
2004 Rubicon - 4.0 - 5 speed manual - Rough Country 4" Stage II lift, RC front adjustable track bar, 2.2 shocks, 33x12.5x15 Goodyear MTR with Kevlar on Crager soft 8's, 4 Hella Black Magics, Edge Trail Jammer with Intake, JL TR 2-ways in the pods, Kenwood Excelon deck in the dash, Rough Country Stinger & Winch Plate, Trail Gear rear bumper w/ tire carrier, HiLift, Rock Krawler X Factor Plus Steering
ROLLTIDEtj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-30-2011, 04:54 PM   #41
Gary2
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I have never seen a need for a super strong bumper for a Jeep. Something has to give in a crash. If the bumper don't give the frame may and thats about the last part I would want to change. AR would do more for your Jeep I feel .
Gary2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-31-2011, 02:03 PM   #42
srfnfly227
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepinhokie View Post
just an update,

Nice

I can't wait to see how you like it. Wheeling in May?
srfnfly227 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-31-2011, 02:06 PM   #43
jeepinhokie
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by srfnfly227 View Post
Nice

I can't wait to see how you like it. Wheeling in May?
where in May? definatly interested

still on the fence on the AR, i was actually just getting ready to order the bumper and steering skid from Rokmen. i'm not sure the AR is going to help on road as much as the bumper will. AHHHHHH if only i could make up my mind or order both

A Hokie build

Unread 03-31-2011, 02:53 PM   #44
phdsk8
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Ar or bumper

I had a bumper when I installed my HD front springs. Adding winch helped a little more. I test drove disconnected one day and I loved it. I can't drive on road like that so AR is on my list too.
Post up whatever you do. You can also get a used bumper and winch and use the saved money for AR.
phdsk8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-01-2011, 08:42 AM   #45
jeepinhokie
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

well the decision has been made.

i'm getting both the bumper and the antirock!!! just couldnt make up my mind, so i had to get both!
i snuck in a steering box skid on my order too (shhhhhhh)

my wife of all people said go for it. I knew there was a reason i married her.

A Hokie build

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.